What's your diet like?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
After abdominal pain, today I'm going to try to stick with a better diet. I don't know much about food, health, etc., as much as I should considering how important it is. My sleep medication makes me eat sooo much, so I bought a lot of fruit, so I'll try to pig out on that at midnight.

So far (10pm now, woke up at 9:30am)

-McDonalds hash brown
-5 thin slices of thin smoked turkey
-2 Cheesy Breadsticks
-1 banana
-2 Tabelspoon of Vanilla Ice Cream
-Small amount of Fat Free Milk to blend it
-6 oz blackberries

Plan on eating one pita of hummus, a packet-sized of mape syrup (they were out of cinammon) oatmeal, with a cup of water or so.

I drank a little over One Liter of water.
Drank one can of Vernors (only drink it a few times a week, if that)

I just hope I don't eat more.

Does anyone with a little knowledge of food know how my "hopefully expected" diet is?

After abdominal pain, today I'm going to try to stick with a better diet. I don't know much about food, health, etc., as much as I should considering how important it is. My sleep medication makes me eat sooo much, so I bought a lot of fruit, so I'll try to pig out on that at midnight.

So far (10pm now, woke up at 9:30am)

-McDonalds hash brown
-5 thin slices of thin smoked turkey
-2 Cheesy Breadsticks
-1 banana
-2 Tabelspoon of Vanilla Ice Cream
-Small amount of Fat Free Milk to blend it
-6 oz blackberries

Plan on eating one pita of hummus, a packet-sized of mape syrup (they were out of cinammon) oatmeal, with a cup of water or so.

I drank a little over One Liter of water.
Drank one can of Vernors (only drink it a few times a week, if that)

I just hope I don't eat more.

Does anyone with a little knowledge of food know how my "hopefully expected" diet is?
If you mean what you ate today - sounds too low on protein and fats, too high on simple carbs (sugar, wheat), and too much processed food. Also no vegetables - at least you did get some fruit.

I recommend avoiding processed foods whenever possible and just learning to cook simple meals, you don't have to be a chef, but even grilling a piece of stake, scrambling some eggs or microwaving a potato is better than eating McDonald's food or processed deli meats; it's a lot cheaper too.

I'd definitely recommend avoiding sugar and refined carbs whenever possible; vegetables > fruit. For healthy carbs potatoes and beans are a much better option. I eat organic pasta a few days a week, but I don't make it an every day meal.

Fats are also important too even though they've been made out to be the route of all even with the trendy "fat free" marketing (when refined carbs are the real culprit). Red meats, olive oil, peanuts, cheese, and fish are good sources of fats.

For protein I'd recommend eggs, red meats, poultry, or fish any day over processed deli meats (if you eat beans you'll get some protein too) - I'd aim for about 20% of your calories come from protein, the rest divided evenly between carbs and fats.

-----

Other than that I'd go well out of my way to avoid anything with soy or soybean oil because it's a testosterone killer - sadly this crap is in everything from bread, to potato chips, to condiments, to salad dressings, to canned soups. Avoiding processed foods eliminates the majority of this problem; other than that you can choose stuff like salsas, or certain horseradish brands, or olive oil, and bottled spices as favorings instead of salad dressings, BBQ sauce, etc. Mustard should be fine too.

And not to get too personal, but I'd definitely recommend taking a good look into your day-to-day lifestyle (diet, exercise, social habits, mental habits, use of recreational drugs, etc) before resorting to any drugs or over the counter medications.

I try to stick to low-carb high-protein diet but I find myself eating a lot of fat then which,I feel, is as bad 'cause I still can't lose weight. I've cut down sugar completely,I would have sugar once a week or two weeks. Obviously, sugar is everywhere so I guess I do consume around 1-10 grams a day anyway.
I have porridge or scrambled eggs with a piece of brown bread for breakfast,eggs or a salad for lunch,chicken breast and some carbs like rice or potatoes with it for dinner,I try to eat every 3-4 hours so I snack on nuts,peanut butter or cottage cheese. I drink at least 2 big cups of green tea.

I don't have a routine or anything, for me trying to eat food with good ingredeients/ preferably organic is much more important to me than low carbs, low sugar, ect. As long as I feel confident in the ingredients used, I feel good. For that reason I cut out sodas and fast food about a year ago. Closest I come to fast food is chic-fil-a, but that's the utopia of fast food so **** it.

So far today

Breakfast:
Black Coffee
Croissant with egg and cheese
Walnuts
Yellow raisins

post workout:
2 small protein cookies (12 grams each)

Lunch:
went out for Sushi
4 pieces of yellowtail, 4 prices of Octupus
1 order spicy tuna avocado, 1/2 order regular Tuna avocado
1 order philedalphia roll (cooked salmon at this location, which I'm not a fan of)
3 pieces green tea mochi ice cream

snacks:
Mandarin fruit cup
Pineapple/Papaya fruitcup

edit:

Dinner:
Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms
Baby tomatoes/cucumber

Before Bed:
Greek yogurt
tea