Rodent Quizzes...

Tools    

Hey MoFos...

With all the updating of the site that Yods and the Mods are doing, I started writing quizzes.

So far I’ve made quizzes for Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection which have been available on the site for a while.

New quizzes recently written by me but yet to be included:

Back To The Future Part 1
Back To The Future Part 2
Back To The Future Part 3
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Die Hard With A Vengeance
Dredd
The Expendables
The Expendables 2
The Expendables 3
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Rear Window
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Scream 4
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
The Simpsons Movie
Tremors

And to tie in with The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring quiz that has been on the site for a while:
The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

They’re all of varying difficulty and some are a mixed bag.

One thing I’ve noticed is that Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection haven’t received much love… probably due to lack of interest in those films… which is why I haven’t written quizzes to Die Hard 4.0 and A Good Day To Die Hard., simply because they’ll probably be left untouched.

So… big question…
Other quizzes you’d like me to write up?

Here’s a rundown of some films I can get started on, as I have them in my DVD collection and can get some Qs & As together.

Also… what would be a preference for difficulty?

The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Gremlins
Gremlins 2
Independence Day
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Mission: Impossible III
Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Indiana Jones And Raiders Of The Lost Arc
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
RoboCop (1987) (Not the sequels though)
RoboCop Remake (aka; PretendyCop)
Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV
Rocky V
Rocky Balboa
The Shawshank Redemption
Silent Hill
Silent Hill Revelations
Starship Troopers (Not the sequels though)
Superman: The Movie
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IV
Superman Returns
The Thing (1982)
The Thing (2010 Remake)

I’m also currently working on a Jaws Quiz… it’ll be a big one too.
The others are 10-12 questions each but I think Jaws deserves a 20 questioner, maybe a 25.
Unless you guys think that might be too much?

Have added a Jack Nicholson Quiz to the collection as well to gauge interest.

I guess a Rocky quiz would be cool. Doesn't necessarily have to be a quiz for each movie, unless you want to.

Well, I can do a franchise quiz. Like, 18 questions, 3 questions per movie or something. This thread is really to gauge interest and see what people actually want from their quizzes

You made some really funny ones. I still have them all and want to give that one another go. It had some really cool features but I never picked a clear direction for the site, which I think hamstrung it a bit. It was an incoherent mix of trivia, funny personality quizzes, and then tons of Roblox/tween stuff.

Well past half way at adding the quizzes I mentioned above.

Won't be long until they're available to you guys. Any thoughts from you lot on my OP?

Will these quizzes ever be added to quiz section? It seems to be a totally dormant area of the site at the moment, their just to fill-out the menu bar.

Sorry, Slob.... I didn't see your post in here till now.

Yeah they're going into the quiz section.
Yods is working on upgrading the section but I've not heard much since a few weeks ago when I first made this thread.

Got a ton of new quizzes coming though.
It's a bit like the new reviews page that Yoda put in when the site was updated, I think it'll take him a little while to get the whole thing updated. No rush though I guess, he said he wanted to get the pages fixed before adding any new quizzes.

I was just after what people wanted from my OP above. I've got all those new ones written up waiting, and that list I posted too of stuff I can possibly write up as well.
But it's pointless me writing up a bunch if people won't be interested in certain ones. As I explained, I haven't written for Die Hard 4 or 5 because they won't get much attention, kinda like Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection have been pretty much left alone for nearly 3 years.

It takes a lot of time to write up and then add them to the page. It's around an hour per quiz, sometimes more... I'm writing these for you guys and, in general, for MoFo... so it'd be great if I could get some input from the people who would actually be doing the quizzes

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Do the quizzes have to be about specific movies, or can they be about other things, like actors, directors, etc., or maybe some of the old classic movies?

Maybe have some quizzes on people like:
Humphrey Bogart
Jack Nicholson
Robert De Niro
Alfred Hitchcock
Stanley Kubrick
Martin Scorsese
Steven Spielberg

Or some quizzes about classic movies like:
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
It’s a Wonderful Life

My movies tastes are different from most people on this site, so these are just some suggestions, not necessarily quizzes that I would take.

Rodent , nice work! I've never really looked in the quiz section much, but I know how long it takes to compile one as I do a quiz at our community centre every few months . I like GBG's ideas for quiz topics.

I've added one more to the collection then to gauge interest. A Jack Nicholson quiz.

It's a right toughie as well

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Do the quizzes have to be about specific movies, or can they be about other things, like actors, directors, etc., or maybe some of the old classic movies?

Maybe have some quizzes on people like:
Humphrey Bogart
Jack Nicholson
Robert De Niro
Alfred Hitchcock
Stanley Kubrick
Martin Scorsese
Steven Spielberg

Or some quizzes about classic movies like:
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
It’s a Wonderful Life

My movies tastes are different from most people on this site, so these are just some suggestions, not necessarily quizzes that I would take.

Great idea!

Will these quizzes ever be added to quiz section? It seems to be a totally dormant area of the site at the moment, their just to fill-out the menu bar.
Your timing's great: we're relaunching the section very soon, with a new look and a bunch of new quizzes (courtesy of our resident Quizmaster, The Rodent). It was a bit less utilized than the other sections so I had to focus on some of the other sections first, but I'm finally getting around to doing it properly.

Check out the main Quizzes page: there are categories on the left that break them down. Most are Specific Movies, but there are a handful that fall into the other categories you're talking about.

Already got that one.

Got that one, too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Check out the main Quizzes page: there are categories on the left that break them down. Most are Specific Movies, but there are a handful that fall into the other categories you're talking about.

Thanks. I haven't looked at the quizzes much, so I never noticed the categories on the left side. I'll have to check out some of the quizzes when I have more time.

Edited the OP... I thought I'd written quizzes for the 5 Superman films (Reeve and Routh versions) but it turns out the files I'd saved were empty

I have however added Tremors to the collection. Won't be writing for the Tremors sequels though because they're total poo.

I’m also currently working on a Jaws Quiz… it’ll be a big one too.
The others are 10-12 questions each but I think Jaws deserves a 20 questioner, maybe a 25.
Unless you guys think that might be too much?

Three tons of 'em? Haha. I'm up for the Jaws quiz and The Thing (1982).

Getting closer! Rodent and I have been hard at work (more him than me; that dude's a quiz writing maniac) and we're not too far from both a huge face lift and a lot of great new content in this area.

I might as well voice my ideas since this thread has come to life again. How about an overall score board, and a badge system for best scores in different genres, or set certain achievements like most plays or average score, stuff like that. I'm looking forward to this now. If Rodent can give me a sample to get me used to the format, I'll have a go at writing a few quizzes.