The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
LOL, I love to hate Captain America. I mean why doesn't one of the others just kill him ffs. I really hope he dies in Ultron.

And not to nit pick, but Thor is like a God with an epic weapon, Captain Gaylord just has some crappy tin shield and like slightly above average strength.

LOL, I love to hate Captain America. I mean why doesn't one of the others just kill him ffs. I really hope he dies in Ultron.

And not to nit pick, but Thor is like a God with an epic weapon, Captain Gaylord just has some crappy tin shield and like slightly above average strength.
Doubt that'll happen - the Marvel films are aiming very very light on the violence, even for PG-13 rated films.

That's what I was talking about when I said the Marvel films are too tame - even when there's massive violence going on in the plot such as at the end of the Avengers, none of it effects any of the main characters in any significant way.

The films would be better if they did kill off a main character (or someone close to a main character) every now and then and show how the violence impacts the characters, like the Dark Knight films did, instead of keeping the violence about as tame as a Saturday morning cartoon.

---

PS. While I'm on it though, in the films Captain America's definitely on-par strenghtwise with the others, because in Avengers he challenged Iron Man to a fist fight while in the suit. I've never read a comic so I have no idea what his 'strength rating' is in the comics continuity.

Doubt that'll happen - the Marvel films are aiming very very light on the violence, even for PG-13 rated films.

That's what I was talking about when I said the Marvel films are too tame - even when there's massive violence going on in the plot such as at the end of the Avengers, none of it effects any of the main characters in any significant way.

The films would be better if they did kill off a main character (or someone close to a main character) every now and then and show how the violence impacts the characters, like the Dark Knight films did, instead of keeping the violence about as tame as a Saturday morning cartoon.

---

PS. While I'm on it though, in the films Captain America's definitely on-par strenghtwise with the others, because in Avengers he challenged Iron Man to a fist fight while in the suit. I've never read a comic so I have no idea what his 'strength rating' is in the comics continuity.
I'm calling it, Captain America will die in Avengers 2 or soon after.

What makes you think they won't just give him an early retirement instead?

Doesn't a lot of the civil war stuff people are excited about revolve around him?

Doesn't a lot of the civil war stuff people are excited about revolve around him?
Steve Rogers died in the Civil War comic story. It's confirmed that Chris Evans is in Captain America: Civil War, but I don't expect him to be Captain America in Infinity Wars.

Steve Rogers died in the Civil War comic story. It's confirmed that Chris Evans is in Captain America: Civil War, but I don't expect him to be Captain America in Infinity Wars.
Got ya. I would like to see them do something like that. I want them to commit to it though. I don't exactly need my Superhero movies grounded in reality but I kind of hate how there are no stakes.

Steve Rogers died in the Civil War comic story....I don't expect him to be Captain America in Infinity Wars.
Chris Evans has 2 more films left in his 6 movie Marvel contract. Which are Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War Part 1. It's most likely that his story from Civil War will carry into Infinity War.

What makes you think they won't just give him an early retirement instead?
Or just tell him to **** off.

I'm getting excited!!!

Unlike previous Marvel films and The Avengers, when you go to see Avengers: Age of Ultron don't plan on seeing a post-credits sequence. Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige told EW that the film will have “a short, epilogue-like scene that pops up shortly after the credits start,” but there will be no post-credits footage.

According to Whedon, there was just no topping the shawarma scene from Avengers:

“We all came at it separately—we don’t want to chase that. That was a jewel and a weird little quirk.” “It didn’t seem to lend itself in the same way, and we wanted to be true to what felt right. The first rule of making a sequel is take the best moments and do something else. Don’t do the Indiana Jones gun trick again differently. Just go somewhere else. Don’t try to hit the same highs, because people will sense it.”
He also noted...

“There is nothing at the very end. And that’s not a fake-out. We want people to know so they don’t sit there for 10 minutes and then go: ‘Son of a bitch! I’ll kill them!’”

Feige promised Avengers: Age of Ultron will still be packed with surprises. Linda Cardellini and Julie Delpy are in the movie, but they don’t want to reveal their characters just yet. We’ll also get to see some material with young Black Widow’s instructor that “will be a powerful moment in the history of Scarlett Johansson’s character.”

Kevin Feige did note that there is a secret female character making an appearance:

“It’s not a big deal. But it’s a good character,”
Source: Collider

Unlike previous Marvel films and The Avengers, when you go to see Avengers: Age of Ultron don't plan on seeing a post-credits sequence.
Very interesting. Well since this thread seems to be slacking a bit, here's a new poster and a collection of the latest and final promos.

Vision got his character poster:

Avengers: Age of Ultron Final Trailer:

Avengers: Age of Ultron TV Spot 3:

Avengers: Age of Ultron TV Spot 4:

Avengers: Age of Ultron TV Spot 5:

Avengers: Age of Ultron TV Spot 6:

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The reviews are saying this is what you thought it would be. Too much setting up the next phase...superfluous storylines...Ultron is that mega baddie you have been wanting to see...not as good as the first one.

I'm good on just seeing the hulkbuster by now.

It'll be awesome if Captain America dies.

The reviews are saying this is what you thought it would be. Too much setting up the next phase...superfluous storylines...Ultron is that mega baddie you have been wanting to see...not as good as the first one.

I'm good on just seeing the hulkbuster by now.
If true I think this is a real shame. Joss Whedon's comments before production emphasized making it a self contained storyline that is more personal, and he sounded hugely passionate about it. Now, it sounds like he's had to make sacrifices to bring the running time down and work it into the larger story and he sounds dissapointed. I don't have time to comment in depth here but read this interview to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/how-a...ss-whedon.html

Then send an email to Marvel asking for the 3.5 hour directors cut! I will be.

Welcome to the human race...
It'll be awesome if Captain America dies.
That would make it really hard for them to make Captain America: Civil War, though.