Buying out of print DVDs

Tools    

There are a number of movies, that I would like to add to my collection. That are not in print. Other than Warner Archives or 20th Century Archives. Is there any other place where I can
Purchase such movies?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I probably wouldn't buy 95% of the movies on the links JRS posted.

...except Scream Queen Hot Tub Party. I'd definitely buy that.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Make sure you do your research before buying any OOP DVDs. Sometimes the OOP versions are only OOP because there was a newer version released, and you can buy the new version much cheaper on sites like Amazon.

Make sure you do your research before buying any OOP DVDs. Sometimes the OOP versions are only OOP because there was a newer version released, and you can buy the new version much cheaper on sites like Amazon.
Sometimes owning the OOP version is better than the so called 'newer' one. The previous one tends to be either an amazing Director's or Ultimate edition with a MASSIVE amount of awesome extras. The new one is a lame re-release with a cut down, slimmer amount of whatever they call a "Special Edition". Because they put out this edition, and then that edition....and then all the extras get lost.

Then a Blu-Ray gets released, with maybe...just maybe with all of the multitude of bonus features that the awesome DVD had.

Take a look at the T2: Judgement Day Ultimate Edition

Not sure if it's an example of OOP, but it's a MAJOR example of this. The special features are MASSIVE and has

Aside from BOTH the theatrical version and the special edition of the film it has...
  • The Making of T2 Featurette.
  • T2: 'More Than Meets The Eye' Featurette (explores the scenes that were cut from the original theatrical release).
  • The Making of T2: 3-D: Breaking the Screen Barrier (an in-depth look into the making of Universal Studio's exciting theme park attraction "Terminator 2: 3D: Battle Across Time".
  • T2 Teaser Trailer
  • T2 Trailer #1
  • T2 Trailer #2
  • T2SE Trailer.
  • The Entire T2 Screenplay (574 Pages).
  • Original Storyboards sequences (Over 700 scenes).
  • T2: 3-D Cinefex Article "Battle Across Three Dimensions" By Estelle Shay.
  • Video archive (60 clips including interviews, behind the scenes and production footage).
  • Data Archive (Over 3000 stills)
    and more...

The measley ass Blu-Ray has....
  • Theatrical and Special Editions
  • Behind-the-scenes video and multimedia galleries
  • storyboard-script mode, quizzes and games
  • Audio Commentary with James Cameron, co-writer William Wisher, cast and crew.
  • BD-Live enabled with additional content, games and more

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sometimes owning the OOP version is better than the so called 'newer' one. The previous one tends to be either an amazing Director's or Ultimate edition with a MASSIVE amount of awesome extras. The new one is a lame re-release with a cut down, slimmer amount of whatever they call a "Special Edition". Because they put out this edition, and then that edition....and then all the extras get lost.

Then a Blu-Ray gets released, with maybe...just maybe with all of the multitude of bonus features that the awesome DVD had.

Take a look at the T2: Judgement Day Ultimate Edition

Not sure if it's an example of OOP, but it's a MAJOR example of this. The special features are MASSIVE and has

Aside from BOTH the theatrical version and the special edition of the film it has...
  • The Making of T2 Featurette.
  • T2: 'More Than Meets The Eye' Featurette (explores the scenes that were cut from the original theatrical release).
  • The Making of T2: 3-D: Breaking the Screen Barrier (an in-depth look into the making of Universal Studio's exciting theme park attraction "Terminator 2: 3D: Battle Across Time".
  • T2 Teaser Trailer
  • T2 Trailer #1
  • T2 Trailer #2
  • T2SE Trailer.
  • The Entire T2 Screenplay (574 Pages).
  • Original Storyboards sequences (Over 700 scenes).
  • T2: 3-D Cinefex Article "Battle Across Three Dimensions" By Estelle Shay.
  • Video archive (60 clips including interviews, behind the scenes and production footage).
  • Data Archive (Over 3000 stills)
    and more...

The measley ass Blu-Ray has....
  • Theatrical and Special Editions
  • Behind-the-scenes video and multimedia galleries
  • storyboard-script mode, quizzes and games
  • Audio Commentary with James Cameron, co-writer William Wisher, cast and crew.
  • BD-Live enabled with additional content, games and more

That's why I said to do your research before buying anything. If you only want to see the movie, you might be able to get away with a cheaper version of the DVD, but if you want all the extras, then you have to figure out which DVD version is the best.

There are several movies that I've bought on DVD multiple times because they keep changing the extras and/or adding new stuff.