Users you miss

Tools    

I'm really saddened if MovieGal is gone I enjoyed talking to her both on the board and in PM. She's a very unique person and the world and MoFo needs more unique people. MovieGal if you reading this, please don't leave permanently.

Master of My Domain
Sir Toose came back but is now gone again.

Like the others above me I really do miss MovieGal, and maybe n3wt but I didn't interact with him much before he disappeared. Still, he is a cool guy that this site would be good to have again.

A system of cells interlinked
Ash, Cait, Toose, MeatwadSprite, Frog, Blib, Annie (saw her fairly recently, actually), and of course...Slay.

Golgot should be around more, too. I wonder what he thinks of Spurs season thus far?
I've never spoke to him on the site before, but he seems to regularly post in the Videogames Tab.

Powdered Water, Caitlyn, Mack, Swedish Chef, Pyro Tramp, Valerie Writer, and Linespalsy.

Though I'm aware PW and lines pop in from time to time.

Mack posted something in The MoFo Support Group a couple of weeks ago.

Really? Always thought she put her opinions across well. Don't really go in that thread though. Maybe I should considering how homesick I am for Britain at the moment.

She shared a fascinating problem about a lesbian co-worker hitting on her.

Haha! I have the Marmite and there are plenty of places that sell good chocolate i.e. European stuff. The bacon here's the streaky kind though, unless you get peameal bacon which is unsmoked and breaded...yes breaded. Yuck. I swear the beans here are flown in from Chernobyl...disgusting.

How about some nice historic architecture, a decent boozer and a new Canadian/North American law that makes calling football 'soccer' punishable by a slap. How about a row of shops (or strip malls as they're referred to here) that doesn't look the same as every other row of bloody shops.

Sigh I could go on but for the fact there are many good things about Canada, like the absence of dog sh:t on the pavements (sorry sidewalks), and there's no such thing as chavs. God I even miss the chavs.

You miss chavs? No, I can't imagine it. You're in Canada though, so isn't that what Americans call Canadian bacon? You'd think proper bacon would be everywhere. Breaded bacon? What the hell is that? I mean, it might be nice, but.... That's just weird. Though I'm sure they'd say the same about Sandwich Spread which, as we all know, would be ridiculous.

I must say that, on my briefest of US stops, I was surprised how quickly I missed proper shops that were actually just down the road, as opposed to 10 miles away and, as you say, a strip mall and kettles. Why does no one have a kettle? I mean, I know why, but have you tasted coffee that's been in a percolator for hours? It's awful. God I missed greenery, too, though I was in the desert, so that's not something I'd associate with N.America in general.

I can't remember the last time I saw dog **** on the pavement. But then, I don't live in a city.

Oh stop playing devils advocate HK You'd miss chavs too if the only alternative was pickup-truck-driving-redneck-jocks (a straight to DVD title if ever there was one).

I have to head out now. This topic either needs it's own thread or I'll have visit the MoFo support group, where I may be set upon by offended Canadians. Could be fun.