THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Someone come and take these coconut mushrooms off me before I eat them all
Not really looking to trip out today, but thanks.

Anybody here ever play Limbo? I am watching some of a playthrough video right now and it looks down my alley.
Just started playing this a few weeks ago, haven't had time to get into it properly but it's very atmospheric. The instructions leave a lot to be desired - there aren't any! I found using the keyboard a bit clumsy so I'll use my gamepad next time. You won't get any prompting and have to figure out what to do and how to do it - I like this aspect.
I could see myself getting hooked on this.

Hope that helps!

I watched someone play it. Great if you like straightforward puzzle games. Really stripped down, and rather beautiful at points. Very minimalist.

More useful response, though: if it looks like the kind of game you'd like, then yeah, you'd like it.

Already glad I am rewatching Temple Of Doom. I had forgot the whole opening sequence which isn't quite Raiders but is still pretty great. Loved the running behind the gong. Sexy needs a animated gif of that.

Master of My Domain
My Top 100 on Letterboxd, for those of you who are interested. I'll probably be posting this list sometime this summer. It probably will change by that time, but just want ya guys to have a peek.

http://letterboxd.com/gatsbyg/list/the-gats-top-100/

If you're wondering why the rest of my profile and stuff is desolate, it's because I only use Letterboxd for the watchlist they have.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm sending an application for a housing Co-op.. Basically I provide my services to the community, and get low rent.

If you have any suggestions, etc etc., please let me know. I'm going to send them a hard copy later today. I'm in a tough bind, I need housing where I can play my drums, so I need to be accepted.

This is the application home page
http://flintpublicartproject.com/fpa...eet-residency/

Letter of Introduction
My name is Matt Selou. I am a musician, writer, photographer, and filmmaker. Rather than just imposing my skills on the community, I'd like to see what local artists need.
Music-wise, I have been playing drums for 22 years, and then progressed to instruments like guitar, piano, bass, percussion, as well as Eastern instruments. I've played live, recorded, and have given lessons throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
I was introduced to this project by Nadia Alamah, and think it’s a great way to get people involved. For example, I never knew such a thing existed until I attended her “Must-Art Monday” after meeting her at local open mics (Good Beans Café).
Art is my life, and my career. I have lots of time to do as much as I can. I also feel that the one who gives their time benefits just as much, if not more than those who receive help and support through this program.
I published my first musical album “The Battle” on Amazon in 2013 after years of writing and editing completely on my own. I wrote my first book “How Did We Get Here” the following year about my experiences, observations, and anything else in my stream of consciousness at the time and retrospectively with five trips to Europe, living in Australia two different times, as well as being in Asia, where I played music, wrote, photographed, made videos, made long-lasting friendships dating back to 2004. I also published “Shots Seen Around The World” giving a glimpse of things I’ve seen with descriptions. I also published two plays, “The Telemarketing Dialogues (Season One and Two), and am within days of publishing a comedic “Fake Quotes To Live By.”
I would like to take this opportunity to help others, to collaborate, as well as my own future projects. Being a musician for example makes it nearly impossible to find a reasonable housing where I’m able to do work, which has led to exile, being able to join artistic communities all over the world. But I’ve lived here all my life, I’m familiar with the city, I know the people here, and this is the place I’d like to work and collaborate.

Describe your proposed project in detail, including timeline for progress and completion, deliverables

(what will be its final form), and the reasons why it is needed in the community.

I would include my instruments for musicians who either can't afford them, or for those who haven't been exposed to them. And for those artists who want to be recorded, I have a portable studio. I just need the space and a place where sound is acceptable at reasonable hours of the day. Because my mixer has eight tracks (as well as the ability to add more), I am able to collaborate with people throughout the community. It can be an individual project, a few. I can also fill the holes for a performer who can't do other things, but there needs to be a platform first to gauge the interest of the community.
If people aren’t aware of what’s going on, there’s no possibility for the community to be engaged. I have been away off and on for over a decade and didn’t know about a lot of things in Flint. It was only possible by me attending local events, listening, and finding out things outside of particular events.
I did some research on rates throughout Genesee County using the Yellow Pages and other online sites such as Craigslist. It can cost up to $2,000 a week, and that’s just to record! This does not include many other services I can provide free of charge.
The key is artistic freedom. If someone can't express themselves in a way they wish, what's the point of art? I've seen all over the world artists who’ve had to compromise and conform within the context of the manufacturers (i.e. a recording studio), to which many have regret, since there are sometimes only one chances.
I am able to copyright and publish their work if they choose to as well. Some might want it just for personal use, or as a way to create or expand their artistic portfolio, as well as local and international exposure.
Even for non-musicians, I am able to record poetry, spoken word, and if they want instrumentation, that's up to them. I have a built-in CD burner so they are able to distribute locally, but have the choice to put their art accessible anywhere throughout the world, as well as the ability to use CD and cover art for a nice, professional look.
Comedy is another artistic expression that not only brings us joy, but can also bring out the truth through satire for example; a literate x-ray into our way of living. Those who are interested or already familiar with standup would be able to release comedy albums, as well as having an audience who can give support, and if asked, could give constructive criticism as well as praise. I believe it’s easier to develop any act in a more intimate and comfortable setting before venturing out to local clubs.
I know other filmmakers who have the equipment, the knowledge, but have no setting to do anything. I know actors who could benefit with a workshop where they can act out different scenarios in a way that’s beneficial for them to grow.
I would also be interested to go more in-depth, to teach artists how to engineer, mix, and produce, so that the tools and skills they learn can be beneficial for the rest of their lives.
I also feel that through simple discussion, we can talk about the different forms of art, and maybe introduce someone to something they’ve never heard before that can be a source of inspiration and joy.
And to make this even greater, I will try to find out people who can help. Even by donating an instrument temporarily can give more choice to the artist. I think because the FPAP is an attributed local center, people will be more inclined to help out.
The first meeting can be setup to get acquainted with those who are interested. Not just on a professional level, but as people living in the community. Through discussion, ideas evolve. With other people, there are things I haven't considered that could be applicable to this project. I also envision asking people individually in the group what they want to do. Since not everyone can always attend these meet-ups, keeping a database of people and what they want to accomplish can help coordinate collaborations they wouldn’t have otherwise.
There also might be people who are equipped when it comes to social media, spreading the word about projects throughout the community. I would be more than happy to refer people who want to do collaborative painting with Nadia Alamah, or for those who are ready to go to public events to perform but to also listen, such as the Good Beans, Churchills, and other places. There might be venues I don’t know of, but thanks to a collaborative discussion, we can all learn from each other, leading us to our goals, as well have having fun, making personal contacts and relationships, enjoying each other’s company. When people know there are others, possibly even strangers willing to help, I believe it makes us all better as people. Some artists I know have become cynical and have totally withdrawn from their previous artistic endeavors, when everyone is needed to make a community strive.
As for time, this will depend on the projects. If I know I have a certain amount of time, I'll make it clear so the community knows, to give them a better idea of the kinds of projects they want to undertake. When I'm not

What will you add to the house, to the neighborhood, or to the city?
Accessibility to any or all the instruments, drums, guitar, keyboards, percussion. As well as:
-Laptop and audio software if they so choose.
-Recording audio, video, photographing equipment. With this they can take what is created to other projects happening throughout the city as they wish.
Having a place to pursue my own personal ventures, I'm able to use any money from my personal sales to expand the tools to provide for the community.

Describe your philosophy of collaboration.
Me being one person only has so many tools. With more people, each person does what they are able to do. Everyone has their own taste, and will be able to contribute accordingly. I also believe we get energy from each other, enabling us to create a little more when there is support and encouragement and with a community where we can learn from each other.
Workshops to give freedom for ideas we want to venture with. For comedy, it's nice to have a small group as an audience to try things to develop their act from a content standpoint, and through the confidence from support, as well as a more intimate and casual setting where comfort is necessary in order to become more public with what we do. Having as many options as possible so no one is excluded.
Let's not forget relationships. Through collaboration throughout the world, I've acquired long-lasting friendships, and there’s no reason why this can’t grow in our community.
We have a true community when the lives of everyone matters, when we have a common bond of progress, both professionally and personally.
People who have a community get a profound sense of happiness, which can't be measured in dollars.

Is there anything else we should know?

I did some reading on the site and came across the last name of Zachs. In fact, exactly ten years ago, I used to provide my cellular business as a place to get a copy of “The Uncommon Sense” which I believed was edited by Matt Zachs, at least that’s who I would speak to. I’d have bulletin boards for events, and always encouraged people and other businesses to help out. My parents still have a business in Flint where flyers and events can be distributed and displayed to hundreds of people each day to spread the word exponentially hopefully.

http://www.amazon.com/Fake-Quotes-Li...5331846&sr=1-1

Please help out your local MOFO artist... Music and writing is my only source of income. I'm completely independent, which means I have no money. Hell, I wrote most of my first book homeless. Amazon gets most of the money anyway, but besides the $3, I want people to read it.

Trust me, I hate asking, and if you or someone you know is an agent, I'll be happy to give 15%

Please help out your local MOFO artist... Music and writing is my only source of income. I'm completely independent, which means I have no money. Hell, I wrote most of my first book homeless. Amazon gets most of the money anyway, but besides the $3, I want people to read it.

Trust me, I hate asking, and if you or someone you know is an agent, I'll be happy to give 15%
Why's this one so expensive?

http://www.amazon.com/Shots-Seen-Aro...5335776&sr=1-4

Color photos - that's the only reason. I don't expect anyone to buy that; half of me just wanted it published, the other half thought it would be something to showcase if there was a job in the photography field.

Amazon also puts a minimum price that I can't go under. And they don't even have an equation. For example, my minimum price was about $68, but if I raise it $11 it doesn't mean I get that much in profit. You enter a price, and then automatically comes what I get.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My Top 100 on Letterboxd, for those of you who are interested. I'll probably be posting this list sometime this summer. It probably will change by that time, but just want ya guys to have a peek.

If you're wondering why the rest of my profile and stuff is desolate, it's because I only use Letterboxd for the watchlist they have.
A nice interesting list of stuff I love and of stuff I hate

I'm gonna be real with you here --

No. I'm not buying your damn book.

I'm not interested in your book and I bet practically everyone else here feels the same way.

We do not want to pay $13 (plus shipping) to get an ugly looking book you put together where you probably just threw a bunch of random "fake" quotes you found on the internet together in one place.

Nothing about that book looks appealing. Your other books don't look appealing, as well. Why should I read all about your opinions and about your travels to other countries? I CAN READ YOU FOR FREE ON THIS FORUM!!!! And I wouldn't pay for any of these free samples I've read around here so far.

It's great that you want to write and make music and be artistic and all that, but, THIS IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME????????

I told you to go work at the library and fix the shelves. You said, "I'll only be involved with the library if they need me to do lectures and seminars or if they need me to read to the other library patrons through something called "Armchair Traveler" (or whatever) because I am an artist and that's all I can do for them."

Honey, I am more of an artist than you are and I'm not receiving a penny for it. I can't even receive a damn "Funniest MoFo" award that I deserve.

I'm sick of you and your stories about how much of an important artist and writer and musician that you are. Put down the bong and go do something real with your life. I am not paying $13 to read a stupid quote book written by a supposed homeless man who's traveled all over the damn world and seen things I haven't even seen. I would rather be forced to live in a room, with a TV, with Guaporense, and made to watch all of his anime sh*t than read all of your stupid books. I would rather be forced to do an Asian Hall of Fame here.

That's all.

Nice list

SC, you're mad because I told you twice your private messages make me feel uncomfortable. You're not gonna get special treatment. Double-standard, if I was to say how pretty a girl was, after told to stop, anyone would have been kicked out. But because you think "you're" special, because you're gay.... that's not progress, that's alternating victim and oppressor.

I have all your private messages. All you do is gossip on here...

What the hell have you EVER done in your life?