Another 100 Movies I Love in No Particular Damn Order

Tools    

Master of My Domain
I loooove Clue for it's silliness and delirious atmosphere, the film knows how to have fun.

Not a fan of American Hustle.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Cruel Intentions was very close to making my top 100. Ime not normally a fan of movies like that but I love Cruel Intentions.

I still need to see American Hustle.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Always good to see Copycat get some love. Connick Jr. makes for a really great sicko in that one; especially when he asks for a pair of Weaver's used panties. The way he eventually drawls out the request always makes me laugh. That's not to say the film isn't an effective serious thriller though. I remember those computer animations creeping me out in the cinema, and the penultimate bathroom sequence is especially tense. I think it suffered due to being released around the same time as Se7en which is superior of course, but Amiel's film is definitely worth rediscovering.

Welcome to the Dollhouse is a cult classic. It's an almost totally unrelenting portrait of a bullied outsider desperately searching for validation. The ridicule she endures is ferocious. It's a very relatable film for anyone who has experienced even a smidgen of what Dawn goes through.

Great post SC. I couldn't agree more about your comments on Dollhouse. I was also bullied in secondary school but for different reasons to Dawn Wiener - at least they seem very different with hindsight. Perhaps one of the most enduring things about her is that she never breaks and seems quite ambivalent towards the whole experience. She's almost otherworldly in that respect. A real individual who suffers for her lack of conformity but it's never a conscious decision to be different; it's just who she is. That's what makes her cool to me.

I don't really see her as f**ked up, that seems a little too harsh. To me she's just being a teenage girl and doing what teenage girls do. Yes she's a little disfunctional but so is the world she inhabits - particularly her family and the way they so obviously favour Missy. As a product of her environment I think Dawn's remarkably balanced considering. Then again it is quite a few years since I saw it last. I do agree with you on the film's indie credentials being a virtue as opposed to the hackneyed hollywood cliches we'd probably see if the film was re-made for a mainstream audience.

Incidentally Clue is my wife's favourite film. Just thought I'd drop that in there.

I remember the shrine and her turning up to a promise of rape (god that sounds terrible doesn't it), but both seemed perfectly within the realms of behavior for an eccentric teenage girl. The shrine could merely be equated to a wall plastered with posters of a favourite pop idol, and the rape? Well I think she just wanted to have a sexual experience with a boy, and didn't fully understand the connotation. Twisted yes, but it goes back to the validation thing. Thankfully the scene comes to nothing.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm a little hazy on the debacle with Missy getting kidnapped. Clearly I need a re-watch which probably means I'm not fully qualified to be having this conversation. I'm even more hazy on Palindromes which I have seen (honest) but remember disliking. Doesn't the girl in that one keep changing completely? That's all I can remember.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dogma is terrible. Turned it off after 20 minutes.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
Taxi Driver, Amadeus are all superb. For films related to my username I prefer the older ones.

I also like the song where they go clothes shopping for the fake dad, what'd they sing, Shlyma?

I prefer A Very Brady Sequel to the first. Better fun.
My favorite part of A Very Brady Sequel is when Greg and Marcia realize they might not be brother and sister and start thinking about each other sexually.

Lethal Weapon is an 80's classic. Gary Busey's character Mr Joshua is one of the best villains ever. Donnie Darko will probably make the top 20 in my revised top 100 (coming soon). The Lost Boys was in the top 30 of my original list. I'm not really into the sequels of the Friday the 13th films, but each to his own. Anyone who doesn't like or at least respect Stars Wars should be put down, and Blair Witch is a guilty pleasure of mine. Great list, keep them coming.