Horror Movie HoF

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Aaaaaaaand my vote is in.

This is another great lineup, everybody. I'd be happy if any of my top ten won this whole thing even though I know it's probably a two-horse race, or maybe just a one-horse race.

My awards:

Best female performance: Isabelle Adjani for Possession

Best male performance: Klaus Kinski for Nosferatu the Vampyre

Best movie featuring Chris Pratt's wife: May

Best cinematography in a movie I didn't care for: The Ring

Best set/costume design: The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Best colors/music: Suspiria

Best movie not enough people love: Alyce Kills

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Oh Chris, really? Anna Farris? I like her but I don't know about marrying her.

All my fantasies get ruined. First Benicio knocks up a bimbo reality star and now I find out my other crush is married to Anna Farris.

What does everybody think of the miscarriage scene in Possession?

I know it's a pretty infamous scene, but I "love" it. It's brutal. Well the whole movie is brutal, really. Possession is the most emotionally draining experiences you can through in a film, and definitely the most emotionally draining film in this hall of fame. That scene, in my eyes, is the movie wrapped up in a just a few short minutes.

Lol that scene in the subway? That is the most stupidly hilarious scene I have ever seen. I just starred at it until breaking out into laughter after a while.

Emotionally draining, really? Didn't feel any emotion at all. It was a senseless mess imo. Anyways, I know it's a well-known horror film so obviously there are people who love it, but it didn't do anything to me...

I know it's a "horror" film, but the real horror is seeing a marriage dissolve. I don't know how you don't get any emotion out of that. Though I do understand the "senseless mess" comment, as it seems to me that a person going through something like that would indeed feel like a senseless mess. That scene in the subway is what happens when a person lets out all of the emotion in their body while going through an ordeal they can't comprehend. I've only felt that way once in my life, and it was during a time when my parents split up. I think I was thirteen years old. I didn't do that, but I did go outside one night and throw rocks at trees, swing sticks at trees, cry, and yell. Maybe it's just because I connected with that, but to me it makes sense.

Master of My Domain
Sent my list in. Thanks for an awesome Hall of Fame G-dawg. Not sure yet but I think I found a new favorite horror film.

I'm with you, JJ. Possession was easily the most emotionally intense nominee for me, and like you say, that's before any of the horror elements come into play. I also agree about the subway scene being the best in this HoF, again, easily.

I'm with you, JJ. Possession was easily the most emotionally intense nominee for me, and like you say, that's before any of the horror elements come into play. I also agree about the subway scene being the best in this HoF, again, easily.
Good man