The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Duck Dodgers is my favourite Looney Tunes short, but What's Opera Doc? and Duck Amuck aren't neccesarily my second and third. I love them and their no doubt up there, more than anything i thought they were the two other people were most likely to vote for.

I'm just curious where it might have ended up in theory if the people who voted for it in the movie had voted for it as a separate short instead.

By allowing shorts, it split the vote. If there were a separate list for shorts, Duck Amuck might have had more votes on a shorts list. Plus the shorts that didn't make the list might have made it onto a shorts only list.
There's no way to answer that, since I don't know which specific shorts the people who voted for Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner would have chosen or where they would have put them on their ballots had they gone for the shorts instead.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. Aladdin
2. Toy Story
3. Up
4. The Incredibles
5. The Lion King
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Fantastic Mr. Fox
8. Wall-E
9. Shrek
10. The Lego Movie
11. Beauty and The Beast
12. The Rescuers: Down Under
13. Rango
14. Wreck-It-Ralph
15. The Pirates! Band of Misfits
16. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
17. Finding Nemo
18. The Great Mouse Detective
19. A Goofy Movie
20. Ninja Scroll
21. SpongeBob: The Movie
22. How To Train Your Dragon 2
23. James and the Giant Peach
24. Toy Story 3
25. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

If it weren't for my early childhood nostalgia for Aladdin, Toy Story easily would have been my number one. It's simply magical in every way. Changed the way animated films are done today and holds up. Sure the animation isn't as crisp...but they are toys. It works. I LOVE Toy Story.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Duck Dodgers is my favourite Looney Tunes short, but What's Opera Doc? and Duck Amuck aren't neccesarily my second and third. I love them and their no doubt up there, more than anything i thought they were the two other people were most likely to vote for.

I would have voted for all three of them individually in a shorts countdown, but I didn't have enough room for all of them on my list, so I decided to include the Looney Tunes movies instead.

Which individual shorts would you have voted for gbg?

I'm a big Looney Tunes fan, so there would have been quite a few Looney Tunes shorts on my list if this list were shorts only.

Duck Dodgers in the 24˝th Century
Mad as a Mars Hare
Hare-Way to the Stars
Duck Amuck
One Froggy Evening
Rabbit Fire
Rabbit Seasoning
Duck! Rabbit, Duck!
What's Opera Doc?
Transylvania 6-5000
Hyde and Go Tweet
High Note

Which individual shorts would you have voted for gbg?

I most likely would also have included Hair-Raising Hare, Feed the Kitty, I Love to Singa, 8 Ball Bunny, Yankee Doodle Bugs, and Bugs and Thugs.

Hey, gbgoodies, nice list of Warner's shorts there! I particularly love I Love to Singa, my favorite cartoon from my childhood, through to this day.

Super Job Miss Vicky, with the countdown and soliciting voters. You deserve a ton of credit.

My list-

1. Ratatouille (2007)
2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
3. Rango (2011)
4. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
5. Persepolis (2007)
6. Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
7. Animal Farm (1954)
8. Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
9. Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
10. Waltz with Bashir (2008)
11. The Plague Dogs (1982)
12. The Incredibles (2004)
13. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
14. Mary and Max (2009)
15. The Lion King (1994)
16. The Wind Rises (2013)
17. Pinocchio (1940)
18. Charlotte's Web (1973)
19. Kung Fu Panda (2008)
20. A Town Called Panic (2009)
21. Fantastic Planet (1973)
22. Felidae (1994)
23. Wrinkles (2011)
24. The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926) Near Miss
25. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

I ended up seeing 79/100, a few of those after the countdown started. Wolf Children would've easily made my top 5 if I had seen it prior.

I've got a couple of box sets of the Warners cartoons and I think most that you listed are on there. I Love to Singa definitely is.

I have the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volumes 1 through 6 on DVD, plus a bunch of other single disc Looney Tunes DVDs.

I also have The Golden Age of Looney Tunes Laserdisc box set, but my Laserdisc player doesn't work anymore.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I think it's one of their weaker movies as far as plot and characters go but I'm glad one of Ghibli's movies placed so high. I like Up OK but not enough to vote for it (sorry Miss Vicky ). I'm not really of fan of the Toy Story series but the first one is the best in my book so no complaints there.

My list:

Beauty and the Beast (#12)
2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica part II: Eternal (#68)
3. Princess Mononoke (#9)
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (#30)
5. The Little Mermaid (#37)
6. Castle in the Sky (#56)
7. My Neighbor Totoro (#18)
8. Children Who Chase Lost Voices (This one not showing somewhere is a horrible crime)
9. Puella Magi Madoka Magica part I: Beginnings
10. The Secret World of Arrietty
11. Wolf Children (#71)
12. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (#70)
13. Anastasia (#90)
14. The Last Unicorn
15. Kiki's Delivery Service (#38)
16. Hercules (#73)
17. Waltz with Bashir (#26)
18. Porco Rosso (#43)
19. The Secret of Kells
20. The Cat Returns
21. Sword of the Stranger
22. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
23. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
24. The Iron Giant (#22)
25. The Prince of Egypt

Looks like I have watch 74/100.

There's a couple though, which I'm not sure if I have watched, and there is quite a few I really want to watch as well.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Am I the only member who voted for these two?
I don't know about the Animatrix but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was on the top 10 near misses list with 52 points. That one almost made my list but I ended up dropping it at the last minute.

Spotted a minor goof on the list. Alice in Wonderland at #33 has the year of release as 2010. Since this is an animated movie list the date should be 1951. :P
Many thanks. I do a lot of auto-detecting stuff with the database matching and it has a bad habit of prioritizing remakes.

I voted for that too!

A system of cells interlinked
I like Animatrix a whole lot, but I didn't think it fit the criteria well enough to include it on the list. It has a variety of different shorts on it of varying quality, so I ended up not including it.