The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

How are we going to weed them out (SC )
Just ban me like you do with all my other personas.

Not really. What I mean with a 100-1 order is that the points you give will be weighed by the amount of stuff you've watched. If you watched 100, it's fine, you can give 100 to your favorite. If you watched 50, 50 points. And so on.

I can't seem to find the reason for this negativity anyway. It is extremely difficult to handle a premade list with known entries, but counting and combining dozens of tops with new entries is not? I don't find the logic there to be honest. If only because it becomes easier to track. I already assume that in general terms this process implies more work because there are two rounds of voting and compilation of data, but there's also a lot more time for its development, since each of these rounds will have a specific deadline to vote.

Finally, I'd like to point that the method I mention here was used on another forum I write at, precisely under the premise of changing the format for a top film list. So it can and has been done before.
I see so my vote counts like 90 points, votes of people who don't watch much animation count like 15 points. That's fair.

I doubt you've seen 90% of this countdown Guap, have you? If you have then i think that's another argument against it, Guap has seen 90% of an Animation countdown so he gets a high say in how this will turn out, while people who try to get in as much say 30s films as they can, will have less of an impact in this countdown, one that Guap and a few others will send their lists in for as soon as possible,

If i had the power i would .
TAKE NOTE EVERYONE:

Whenever I get on anyone's nerves from now on, use that Bea Arthur emoticon () and say:
Shady Pines, SC!

I doubt you've seen 90% of this countdown Guap, have you? If you have then i think that's another argument against it, Guap has seen 90% of an Animation countdown so he gets a high say in how this will turn out, while people who try to get in as much say 30s films as they can, will have less of an impact in this countdown, one that Guap and a few others will send their lists in for as soon as possible,
It's the one that I have watched the most. I watched 84 out of the 100, considering that North American animation is not particularly my field of specialty. Jal90 probably watched more since he likes the North American animation genre a lot, I think that Mark F probably watched more than I did as well.

It's the one that I have watched the most. I watched 84 out of the 100, considering that North American animation is not particularly my field of specialty. Jal90 probably watched more since he likes the North American animation genre a lot, I think that Mark F probably watched more than I did as well.
Exactly if we were to go by Jals idea, you'd have 84 for your number 1 and say 50 for your number 35, while someone who's only watched 50; despite any circumstances limiting their movie watching gets the same amount for their #1 as your #35. I get that Jal brought up the point about this not being a competition and i agree, but it also seems like a competion for the users who post just as much or maybe more than us to watch a certain amount of movies for their vote to count at all.

Guap, i love you but you're the best example since you are always one of the first to send your list for a countdown, yet the only one you would make a significant impact on is an Animation Countdown.

And that's putting it mildly.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think Grave of the Fireflies is criminally low, but it was my #3 so obviously I rate it highly. I watched it for this countdown and it could be considered among one of my most powerful cinematic experiences.

Then there's The Incredibles that I did rank at #22, but I don't think it should have cracked the Top 15. Despite that I find it highly quotable and populated with some wonderfully unique and fleshed out characters.

I'm so happy Spirited Away made #3! It was my 2nd, a childhood favorite, and insanely interesting movie. Honestly it was my hope that it'd make #1 on this list, but we can't win 'em all.

My #1 will not be appearing and I'm 99.99% positive I was the only one that voted for it. Yet, I couldn't let any other movie take its place on my list. Just too much affection and it was my absolute favorite animation as a kid.

Your fast, and i have no idea what Shady Pines is so i should just shut my mouth .
The retirement home Dorothy's (Bea Arthur) mother, Sophia, used to live in until it burnt down. It got rebuilt, but Dorothy allowed Sophia to stay with her and the other Golden Girls. However, when Sophia, who's known for saying something she shouldn't, says something that's wrong or almost says something that's wrong, Dorothy threatens to take her back to Shady Pines for good by saying, "SHADY PINES, MA!"

So you thought your #3 was too low despite it reaching 13, and your #22 was too high because it reached #11? Unless you've only watched 25 Animated films or voted for the top 25 in a different order; i don't see why you'd have a problem with the site ranking a film 11 places higher than you did on your list.

The retirement home Dorothy's (Bea Arthur) mother, Sophia, used to live in until it burnt down. It got rebuilt, but Dorothy allowed Sophia to stay with her and the other Golden Girls. However, when Sophia, who's known for saying something she shouldn't, says something that's wrong or almost says something that's wrong, Dorothy threatens to take her back to Shady Pines for good by saying, "SHADY PINES, MA!"
Yeah i'm terrified, i agree wit whatever you said before you hypnotized me into Shady Pines, Ma! .

Spirited Away didn't win.

That's fine. At least its super high.

My Top 25 in its Entirety:

Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Castle in the Sky
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 1
Porco Rosso
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Beauty and the Beast
Grave of the Fireflies
Up
How to Train Your Dragon
Pinocchio
Lego Movie
Secret of NIMH
Yellow Submarine
Wreck it Ralph
Ratatouille
From up On Poppy Hill
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Whisper of the Heart
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Frozen

So you thought your #3 was too low despite it reaching 13, and your #22 was too high because it reached #11? Unless you've only watched 25 Animated films or voted for the top 25 in a different order; i don't see why you'd have a problem with the site ranking a film 11 places higher than you did on your list.
I should have said I would have liked to see Fireflies crack the Top 10. Low and high are apparently confusing words to me when it comes to Countdowns. As far as The Incredibles go, I rated 21 movies higher than it so it would stand to reason I would have preferred to see those above it. 11 places higher is a lot this close to the end of the list. Also, it isn't really a problem I have, maybe just surprise?

I should have said I would have liked to see Fireflies crack the Top 10. Low and high are apparently confusing words to me when it comes to Countdowns. As far as The Incredibles go, I rated 21 movies higher than it so it would stand to reason I would have preferred to see those above it. 11 places higher is a lot this close to the end of the list. Also, it isn't really a problem I have, maybe just surprise?
No idea why your asking me, if you want to change it from a problem (you did say it shouldn't have been top 15) to a surprise go ahead (jk btw just incase it doesn't come across) . Anyway looks like you put up a good list, hope you continue to particapate in the future ones.

Guap, i love you but you're the best example since you are always one of the first to send your list for a countdown, yet the only one you would make a significant impact on is an Animation Countdown.
I think my promotion of Tarkovsky helped him a little on the 1970's and 1980's countdowns. Shoah also made the 1980's countdown because I voted for.

Also, nobody made any significant difference on any countdown, at least not on the top 50.