Best Animated Feature Oscar 2015

Tools    

Oscar's Best Animated Feature will be...?
28.57%
8 votes
BIG HERO 6
7.14%
2 votes
THE BOXTROLLS
57.14%
16 votes
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2
3.57%
1 votes
SONG OF THE SEA
3.57%
1 votes
THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA
28 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
What's equally bizarre is Everything is Awesome being nominated for best song while Where No-one Goes from HTTYD2 isn't.

Who the hell is a fan of the Oscars? Maybe the ceremony, but even diehards like Gideon who only seems to rate movies in terms of Oscars won or should've won, mainly creates threads about how much he's pissed at the Oscars . All i think of it is the extravagant, fun end to the (limited) awards Season.
No one who is a movie bluff.

Who the hell is a fan of the Oscars? Maybe the ceremony, but even diehards like Gideon who only seems to rate movies in terms of Oscars won or should've won, mainly creates threads about how much he's pissed at the Oscars . All i think of it is the extravagant, fun end to the (limited) awards Season.
Can't say I am a fan, but it is more something that just exists.

I LOVED Big Hero 6! Surprising because animated and super hero movies aren't my favorites. I thought it was so well done, great story, beautiful animation, and had one of the most lovable heroes to grace the big screen in some time in Baymax.

I just can't believe no Lego Movie, however in an unjust world i'm making due with what we have, and How To Train Your Dragon 2 was one of the best sequels i have ever seen animated or real! However every other nom besides box trolls i agree with and think are great! However for me, everything is not awesome...

I just can't believe no Lego Movie, however in an unjust world i'm making due with what we have, and How To Train Your Dragon 2 was one of the best sequels i have ever seen animated or real! However every other nom besides box trolls i agree with and think are great! However for me, everything is not awesome...
I didn't see the Lego movie but know lots of people were shocked it wasn't nominated. Any ideas why it wasn't?

We'll find out which non-LEGO animated feature wins this Sunday! Don't forget to vote here, and more importantly on your own MoFo ballot (click on the Oscar on the top left banner of the site).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We'll find out which non-LEGO animated feature wins this Sunday! Don't forget to vote here, and more importantly on your own MoFo ballot (click on the Oscar on the top left banner of the site).

Your other left -->

Of the nominations, I have only seen HTTYD2 and Box-Trolls. Dragon was great
while Box Trolls was horrible

I planned to write a lengthy review of the movie after I watched it weeks ago but since I didn't sit down to write it soon after the viewing, I don't have great memory to write it in length. In short, the movie had cliched characters, the villain was lame and his motif was even lamer (he wanted to become mayor so he can eat cheese. Big f***ing deal). He also happened to be very allergic to milk products and every time he ate cheese, he broke out in giant disgusting rashes. He exploded at the end of the movie and it was described to be "a hurricane of yuck." Worst metaphor ever.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yeah, the gross-out bits spoiled The Boxtrolls for me a little bit. I still think it was mostly a good film, though. How to Train Your Dragon 2 will probably win, but it's really nothing more than an extended episode of the TV show, I didn't care for the story all that much.

With the mysterious exclusion of The LEGO Movie from the ballot, Disney's Big Hero 6 went on to win the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. Of those five, it was my favorite, and super-duper entertaining and wonderfully made.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	osc big hero.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	20055