2015 MoFo Challenges

Tools    

Climb the 10 highest mountains in the world.

Well I'll see how it goes. Out of interest does it have to be 49 unique films? Or if there's one film that covers a number of lists can it count for all of them? If I watched Gone With the Wind for example would it count as one film ticked off for the 100 Movies list, the 100 Passions list, 100 Cheers list and Ebert's Great Movies list?
Yes movies can be counted for multiple lists like Gone With the Wind.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've got most of the challenges added to the first post, but I still have to add some more. If Sexy does his naked running challenge you boys have to watch it privately because we don't want him banned from the site.

I was thinking we should come up with a point system for the challenges as some are a lot easier that others. If it's a movie challenge it could be something like 5 points per movie. 5 points could be the standard "easy" challenge then we would have to decide how many points non-movie related challenges could be. I think a 5 to 50 point system would work best. Nothing below 5 and nothing above 50. If it's a movie challenge 5 per movie. What do you guys think?

Also it will be easier to award points after the challenge is completed. There are a bazillion challenges already and I'm not giving them all points. That's a lot of work for something that may or may not happen.

I'm working on half of Seanc's challenge now. Should be done in a couple of days.

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
I challenge Sexy Celebrity to NOT create a new thread for an entire YEAR. You may only post replies.
I may have to seriously take up this challenge.

Look at all of these threads I made in 2014:

Call the Person Above You a "Bitch"
Tacitus Banned Me!
Make Your Own Tarantino Movie
MoFo Clue
The Pretend You're Exercising MoFo Gym
Sexy Celebrity's Game of Torture (a shame y'all didn't ban me for a longer time)
Mother of God Part II: Sexy's 1980's European Vacation
Sexy Casts The Justice League
Love Song Tournament
Sexy Celebrity's Guest House of Hate
The Pretend You're Eating MoFo Restaurant
The Pretend You're Dancing/Pretend You're Singing MoFo Discotheque
MoFo Big Brother
The Pretend You're Drinking MoFo Pub
MoFo Info Desk: Quick & Easy Answers for All Your Burning Questions!
MoFo Big Brother 2
I'm Pimping My MoFo Big Brother 2 Teams For Your Votes!
Name Association
MoFo Sneezes
Pull an April Fool's Day Joke on Me
Health & Fitness Tournament (HATE this name -- Destiny had me change the title because she planned to take over the thread THEN DIDN'T -- it's supposed to be called Weight Loss Tournament)
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire
Each Time You Post, I'll Take a Sip from a 25 oz. Can of Budweiser
The Top MoFos Countdown
The Pretend You're Smoking MoFo Smoking Lounge (the thread that started all my "pretend/use your imagination" threads)
The Tobe Hooper Fan Club Massacre
Hypnotized by Batman Nipples: Fans of Joel Schumacher
The Fans Have Eyes: Waking Up with Wes Craven
The Filthiest People Alive: A John Waters Fan Club
The Arnold Schwarzenegger Tab
The Sylvester Stallone Tab
Non-English Word Association
Welcome Back from MoFo Prison, JRS!
The Good Luck and Good Health Thread: A Place for Positive Powers
The 2014 MoFo Prom!!!
The Brad Pitt Ballroom: MoFo Prom 2014!
The Pretend You're Chewing, Popping & Blowing MoFo Gumball Machines!!!
Learn New Words!
The Visual Reality of Movie Theaters
Oh, no... Meshach Taylor... Hollywood from "Mannequin"... just DIED.
How Do You Decide On Your Favorite Movies?
Sweatin' to the Oldies Song Tournament!
Asian Song Tournament
8 Bit Cinema
Sexy Celebrity and Honeykid's "Sex and the City" Commentaries!
Movie Soundtrack Song Tournament
Random Youtube Video Tournament (a big failure)
Head Puppets
R.I.P. Marilyn Burns
Congratulations to Me! I didn't make a thread when I hit 40,000 posts!
Have a Baby with the MoFo Above You
Mother of The Godfather: Sexy's 1970s Shampoo
Robert De Niro's Gay Father
The Crying Game
MoFo Alcoholics Anonymous (obviously I need to make a thread called "MoFo Thread Making Anonymous")
The MoFo Fight Club and Thunderdome
100 Movies I Love in No Particular Damn Order
Person Who's Been a Member Here 4 Almost 13 Years Has 50 80s Songs 4 U
Time Traveling to My Traumatic Past: Sexy Celebrity's 50 1990's Songs
Welcome to the 21st Century, Sexy Celebrity: 2000-2009 Songs
The Pretend You're Crazy MoFo Mental Institution!
Halloween Big Brother
Save Me from The Space Elevator!
R.I.P. Elizabeth Pena
Trick or Treat! Want some Razor Blade Candy or 25 of my Scary Movies?
R.I.P. L.M. Kit Carson
Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: nostromo87
Ebola
Predict-a-Death
What Scares You?
The Texas Chain Saw Commentary
MoFo Pinatas!
A Trillion Things MoFos LOVE!
A Trillion Things MoFos HATE!
A Trillion Things MoFos ARE INDIFFERENT ABOUT!
Nebbit
Yes, No or Maybe
Sexy Celebrity is Leaving the Forum!
The Top 100 Movie Stars Countdown
MOFO BULLETIN BOARD
Transformers: Renee Zellweger
Design a Set of Trailers to Watch Before a Movie Starts
You're listening to MOFO 97.1 FM Radio.
Post to Yourself
Show Off Your New Avatar
The Secret Words of MoFo Top 100 Countdown in a Unique Kind of Order
MoFo Jenga
Make a Wish
Toss Like a Boss!
What Color Is It?

Plus several birthday and anniversary threads!

ALL THAT IN ONE YEAR?!

Plus:
- Participated in MoFo Survivor several times (even came in 6th place in the second one!)
- Countless movie commentaries (and Sex & The City) that I did.
- Juggled between this name and several alternate identities (apparently)
- Managed to get one of those identities banned permanently
- Co-hosted the first MoFies with Rodent
- Played in several song tournaments
- Fussed a lot about Asian movies and other things in several movie countdowns
- Banged the gong thousands of times
- Unleashed a curse on the site, killing Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robin Williams, Joan Rivers and others
- Made countless jokes about Rodent and Miss Vicky and others
- Read an entire review written by JayDee (and nobody challenged me, either)
- Hosted a prom
- My Top MoFos and Top Movie Stars Countdown
- Countless behind the scenes things, including helping Yoda test the new layout
- Countless other things I'm probably forgetting
- Bathed Captain Spaulding nightly

GOD. Does anyone else do as much as I do around here?!

I have one more thread I might make before the year is over, but in 2015, I might take up Suspect's challenge of no more threads (like that'll happen).
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	urkel.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	18885  

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
For Q people can watch Queer Duck the Movie. It's pretty cute. I want to do the alphabet challenge. Should they be movies we haven't seen?.
Do I need to think of everything?!!! I'm just the ideas guy, you can deal with all the technical aspects!

Anyway I'm not sure whether it should or not

Sure.

I challenge you to start 12 threads next year. At least 7 of them have to be a part of General Movie Discussion.
For some reason I don't like to make threads. But I accept! Now I just got to find something worthy to talk about

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Now I just got to find something worthy to talk about
Did you not see Sexy's big list of threads that he's started? Clearly you don't need to actually have something worthy to say to start one!

Forum Wide Challenges

Here are a couple of boring movie watching challenges for everyone. The purpose is to help people (and that most certainly includes me) expand their movie watching variety.

1. Watch a film from at least 7 different countries. For the purpose of this challenge let's classify the UK and Ireland as one country, and lump the US and Canada together as one country of North America. So for example if you watch films from USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland you've not ticked off 6 countries but just 2.

2. Watch a film from each decade between the 1930s and the 2010s. So that's a film from 9 separate decades.
Challenges accepted.

Did you not see Sexy's big list of threads that he's started? Clearly you don't need to actually have something worthy to say to start one!
I just counted that list and that was 90 threads that I started in 2014.

And there's still a few more birthday and anniversary threads I didn't include. Plus the new "Winter Holidays Party Thread."

I just counted that list and that was 90 threads that I started in 2014.

And there's still a few more birthday and anniversary threads I didn't include. Plus the new "Winter Holidays Party Thread."
If you want to complete that challenge, you better think of everything that you want to make and do it before the first.

If you want to complete that challenge, you better think of everything that you want to make and do it before the first.
There's one more thread I'm seriously thinking about making any time now... which I hope keeps me occupied through the next year.

I was also thinking about making a thread called "Make a Thread for Sexy Celebrity." Where I come up with ideas and tell other people to make the thread for me.

There's one more thread I'm seriously thinking about making any time now... which I hope keeps me occupied through the next year.

I was also thinking about making a thread called "Make a Thread for Sexy Celebrity." Where I come up with ideas and tell other people to make the thread for me.
I had a feeling that would happen.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I challenge everyone who hasn't done so already to watch Brigadoon.

If I've already seen Brigadoon about 100 times, should I watch the 1966 TV version with Robert Goulet, Peter Falk, and Sally Ann Howes?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Forum Wide Challenges

3. Complete the alphabet in terms of films you watch. Taking the first letter of each film try and tick off all 26 letters of the alphabet. If people want to complete this one I imagine we'll be getting a lot of viewings of Quiz Show and Quills.

I started this challenge last night. I watched Amadeus, (uncut and uninterrupted), on my local PBS station. They said that it was even a director's cut with 20+ extra minutes.

I know that most of you won't agree with me, but I thought it was too long, and kind of boring, but I liked the music.

Would the 1966 TV version of Brigadoon count for "B", or does it have to be a "real" movie?

I started this challenge last night. I watched Amadeus, (uncut and uninterrupted), on my local PBS station. They said that it was even a director's cut with 20+ extra minutes.

I know that most of you won't agree with me, but I thought it was too long, and kind of boring, but I liked the music.

Would the 1966 TV version of Brigadoon count for "B", or does it have to be a "real" movie?
I'm not overly fond of it.