The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

I didn't take this list very seriously, in all honesty.
I will rep you for having the courage to include Little House on the Prairie. I like that show too, it's been years but I might watch it again some day.

I actually seen this show, Pawn Stars, every time I'm on vacation in a hotel. I like it!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
1. 1. Breaking Bad (2008 - 2013)

Theme Song

Quotes: Like I came to you, begging to cook meth. ‘Oh, hey, nerdiest old dude I know, you wanna come cook crystal?’ Please. I’d ask my diaper-wearing granny, but her wheelchair wouldn’t fit in the RV. ~ Jesse Pinkman

Just because you shot Jesse James doesn't mean you are Jesse James. ~ Mike Ehrmantraut.

He knows like everything there is to know about chemistry. He's patient with you, he's always there for you. He's just decent. And he always does the right thing and that's how he teaches me to be. ~ Flynn

‘I am the one who knocks.’ ~ Walter White

Your number 1 television show. Exactly half of the people that sent in a list voted for this show. It beat The Simpsons by a whopping 136 points.

Breaking Bad is a drama series about a chemistry teacher that becomes involved in the meth trade after being diagnosed with cancer.

It won sixteen Emmys during its run and in 2014 was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the highest rated show of all time.

Spin Offs: Better Call Saul will be airing as a prequel to Breaking Bad. It is set to air 2015.

The White's Home: It is an actual inhabited home by a woman named Fran.

Bryan Cranston murder suspect: a long time ago he and his brother worked in a Florida restaurant. The chef, which nobody liked, was found murdered. As he and his brother had just resigned, the two became suspects.

The X-Files Connection: Not only was Vince Gilligan a writer for the show, Bryan Cranston was in one episode. Remember the man who had to travel west at a high speed or his head would explode? That was Cranston.

The Seinfeld connection: Everyone who watched Seinfeld remembers
Cranston's role as the dentist who coins the term "regifting" and converts to Judaism for the jokes. Anna Gunn had a stint as Jerry's cheating girlfriend and Bob Odenkirk played Elaine's sexual frustrated boyfriend.

King Cranston: Gina Torress is the list Queen, but with roles in three of the top ten shows, Cranston rules the top ten.

New Mexico: It's happy about the show. Tourism has boosted and stores happily sell blue meth candy and blue meth donuts.

Placements: 4 1st,4 2nd 4 4th, 3 5th, 3 6th, 2 7th, 2 10th, 2 11th, 2 17th, 1 3rd, 1 8th, 1 20th, 1 24th

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Best TV show ever bitches!

It had to be done.

I really love Breaking Bad. Obviously a lot of you love it more than me, but it is fantastic.

10 years from now Breaking Bad won't be remembered like The Simpson is today.
I was literally thinking this same thing yesterday -- was gonna make the same comment -- in case Breaking Bad wound up being #1.

It took me three or four attempts to get into Breaking Bad, but boy am I glad of persevered. The first few episodes of the first season leave you no clue as to how good this is going to get. By the time it really gets rolling, it's amazing. I'm so glad I didn't watch it as it was aired because I couldn't watch it without watching at least three episodes at a time. I eventually caught up to it and it was painful waiting for the next episode.

Many of is grew up with The Simpsons and can't remember life without it. It's always praised for being exceptionally funny, which it was but underneath it all was a really good warm family show.

My big but here is that I have to say good things about The Simpsons in the past tense and it's a current show. That made voting for it tricky and ultimately I opted out. You got to know when to end a show and that time is come and gone.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1. Breaking Bad (2008 - 2013)

I'm not surprised at all that "Breaking Bad" landed at the #1 spot on the list. I didn't watch it when it originally aired, but I heard so much about it that I bought the DVDs and watched the whole series as a marathon over about a week or two.

The show is definitely a top quality show, and it deserves the #1 spot. If this was a list of the best quality shows, it might have been #1 on my list, but as a list of favorite shows, it didn't make my list. That's not because I didn't enjoy the show, because I loved it. Every time an episode ended, I couldn't wait for the next episode to start, and I was glad that I wasn't watching it on a weekly basis.

However, it didn't make the list of my favorite shows because it's not a rewatchable show for me. Now that I've seen it, I'm glad that I watched it, but I have no desire to go back and watch it again.

And just for the record, I hate "The Simpsons", and I'm surprised that it landed this high on the list.

MoFos, you disappoint me. Again. Breaking Bad is a very good show, but better than The Simpsons it is not.

Here are my votes:

1. Blackadder II IMDb
2. Roseanne IMDb
3. Queer As Folk (American Version) IMDb
4. Dexter IMDb
5. Daria IMDb
6. Sherlock IMDb
7. Blackadder the Third IMDb
8. The Big Bang Theory IMDb
9. Arrested Development IMDb
10. Blackadder Goes Forth IMDb
11. Night Court IMDb
12. Jack of All Trades IMDb
13. Nash Bridges IMDb
14. Archer IMDb
15. The Ren and Stimpy Show IMDb
16. The Tudors IMDb
17. Married With Children IMDb
18. Burn Notice IMDb
19. The Girls Next Door IMDb
20. The Simpsons IMDb
21. House, M.D. IMDb
22. Roots IMDb
23. I, Claudius IMDb
24. Mr. Bean IMDb
25. The Black Adder IMDb

I'm not surprised at all that "Breaking Bad" landed at the #1 spot on the list. I didn't watch it when it originally aired, but I heard so much about it that I bought the DVDs and watched the whole series as a marathon over about a week or two.

The show is definitely a top quality show, and it deserves the #1 spot. If this was a list of the best quality shows, it might have been #1 on my list, but as a list of favorite shows, it didn't make my list. That's not because I didn't enjoy the show, because I loved it. Every time an episode ended, I couldn't wait for the next episode to start, and I was glad that I wasn't watching it on a weekly basis.

However, it didn't make the list of my favorite shows because it's not a rewatchable show for me. Now that I've seen it, I'm glad that I watched it, but I have no desire to go back and watch it again.

And just for the record, I hate "The Simpsons", and I'm surprised that it landed this high on the list.
I'm like you in that shows must be rewatchable for me to think of them as favorites, but I differ in that I do think Breaking Bad is rewatchable. How many times is the question for me so I ranked it low. I will be able to revisit it again but it won't be something I can watch over and over like Buffy, Angel, The X-Files or Little House on the Prairie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
10 years from now Breaking Bad won't be remembered like The Simpson is today.
Obviously, they are two totally different shows.

Breaking Bad WILL be remembered ten years from now. It has the HIGHEST rated episode of television, ever. Bryan Cranston is unbelievable in the role of a lifetime and it did NOT fumble the series finale like so many other shows have. A more reasonable comparison would be The Sopranos or The Wire.

The Simpsons is LEGEND. So many shows owe their style and success to the Simpsons. There are people on this board who have never been in a world where there are not new episodes of the Simpsons. Yet with the brilliance, comes the bad. I don't even remember the last time I saw a new episode of the show. Probably 5-10 years.

Suspect's Reviews

I actually started rewatching Season 1 last night. I'm on episode five and I definitely still love the show. Such a great mix of humor, sex, and emotion. Plus Gale Harold and Hal Sparks are really hot.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Yeah, Borgen is fantastic. Much better than The Bridge. Especially the first series.

TUS: your list looks a lot like I imagined most of the lists submitted would look.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
MoFos, you disappoint me. Again. Breaking Bad is a very good show, but better than The Simpsons it is not.

Here are my votes:

1. Blackadder II IMDb
2. Roseanne IMDb
3. Queer As Folk (American Version) IMDb
4. Dexter IMDb
5. Daria IMDb
6. Sherlock IMDb
7. Blackadder the Third IMDb
9. Arrested Development IMDb
10. Blackadder Goes Forth IMDb
11. Night Court IMDb
13. Nash Bridges IMDb
14. Archer IMDb
15. The Ren and Stimpy Show IMDb
16. The Tudors IMDb
17. Married With Children IMDb
18. Burn Notice IMDb
19. The Girls Next Door IMDb
20. The Simpsons IMDb
21. House, M.D. IMDb
22. Roots IMDb
23. I, Claudius IMDb
24. Mr. Bean IMDb
25. The Black Adder IMDb

+ rep for including these shows on your list:

11. Night Court IMDb
13. Nash Bridges IMDb

I haven't seen "Jack of All Trades" in quite a while, but as I recall, it was a very good show. I may even have to pick it up on DVD so I can watch it again.

I only recently saw a few episodes of "Nash Bridges", but I liked what I saw. That's another show that I'll have to watch some more of, and maybe even look into buying it on DVD.

Two more announcements:

The winner of the top 10 prediction with a score of nine:

Frightened Inmate # 2

Here were your predictions in case you forgot:

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Simpsons
3. The Sopranos
4. The Wire
5. Friends
6. Seinfeld
7. Game of Thrones
8. Twin Peaks
9. The Big Bang Theory
10. Doctor Who

Congrats Inmate!

Also for anyone to browse this is the entire list with all the shows and everyone that voted for them Tv list

I haven't seen "Jack of All Trades" in quite a while, but as I recall, it was a very good show. I may even have to pick it up on DVD so I can watch it again.
It's a very Bruce Campbell show, which is why I love it.

I only recently saw a few episodes of "Nash Bridges", but I liked what I saw. That's another show that I'll have to watch some more of, and maybe even look into buying it on DVD.
Sadly, only the first three seasons got released on DVD. It definitely had some low points, especially once Yasmine Bleeth came on full time, but it also had some really great, funny and emotional episodes. I watched it religiously when it was on the air. I really wish the rest of it would be released.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
People who say "The Simpsons" has been lousy for the last half of its run don't watch it so how do they know? I've never stopped watching it because I've never gotten the hip hate, and I'm usually rewarded with the miniscule effort I put into it to get some laughs or tears. But I'm old-fashioned because I watch shows when they're on. What else do I have to do, Guap?

gbg - How many times have you watched "The Simpsons", when and why do you hate it?