The DVD Shelf Experiment.

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So...as I posted in the picture thread, the wife and I recently put up some new shelfs in our new home, then put our dvds in it.

She came up with the ambitious idea of watching EVERY SINGLE one of them, from first - to last.

Not once a day, but whenever we decide to have a movie night, we would go from #'s, to the A's, then the B's....till we hit...what is it, Zoolander?

Anyhoo...I figure I'd document which movies we watched and a quick little reaction. This isn't something that will be huge, just a quick update here and there. I figure it's be interesting, at least to me.

Be prepared, the wife's reactions will be most likely a sentence or two, since that is all I can usually get out of here after watching a movie.

Also, we won't actually watch EVERY movie. If we've both seen a movie and don't particularly want to watch it, we'll most likely skip it. If there is a movie I specifically don't want HER to watch (I Spit On Your Grave, Cannibal Holocaust, etc) then we will skip it as well. I will post which ones we skip though, just for reference.

Shall we?

Suspect's Reviews

10 To Midnight - #1

Matt: My first Charles Bronson film, he seems to have a "not care" attitude about his acting. I feel anyone could have been in that role. The film seems obsessed with sexualized violence. Props to the last act though, it was tense and the best thing about the film.

Michelle : It was funny, but I don't think it was suppose to be funny. Bad acting.

When I read the headline I was like "Nah. He ain't going to do that." I just had a feeling it meant watch every movie you own. But I was right, and you are crazy!

Haha but since it's just here and there and nothing you are bound to, I guess it isn't as bad. But when you finish DAMN that'll be a great feeling! :P don't know if I could do this myself though, holy crap...

2 Days in the Valley - #2

So we have our first snafu. She decides that since the first number in 10 to midnight was a 1, it would go ahead of 2 days in the Valley. I didn't realize this until this was our next film. My way of putting it would have been from lowest # to highest. Meaning this would have been our #1. We have since then, re-arranged our #'d dvds...

Matt : A Pulp Fiction rip off with a decent cast. It's obvious this one was not only thrown together, but rushed out into production quickly to capitalize on the Pulp Fiction success. Lots of characters with different threads that don't tie up too neatly. This film is most remembered for the Terri Hatcher / Charlize Theron cat fight.

Michelle : I don't think I'm following this movie too well. It's a confusing plot and the film isn't very clear with anything.

When I read the headline I was like "Nah. He ain't going to do that." I just had a feeling it meant watch every movie you own. But I was right, and you are crazy!

Haha but since it's just here and there and nothing you are bound to, I guess it isn't as bad. But when you finish DAMN that'll be a great feeling! :P don't know if I could do this myself though, holy crap...
It will take YEARS my friend....years....

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I couldn't imagine watching them in order. I've watched all my DVDs in a year and a half awhile back, but not in any particular order.

Yup.

Shouldn't "2" be before "10"?

So we have our first snafu. She decides that since the first number in 10 to midnight was a 1, it would go ahead of 2 days in the Valley. I didn't realize this until this was our next film. My way of putting it would have been from lowest # to highest. Meaning this would have been our #1. We have since then, re-arranged our #'d dvds...

Matt : A Pulp Fiction rip off with a decent cast. It's obvious this one was not only thrown together, but rushed out into production quickly to capitalize on the Pulp Fiction success. Lots of characters with different threads that don't tie up too neatly. This film is most remembered for the Terri Hatcher / Charlize Theron cat fight.

Michelle : I don't think I'm following this movie too well. It's a confusing plot and the film isn't very clear with anything.

I always think fondly of 2 Days in the Valley, but the only scene I ever think of is the one you mentioned.

I also remember 10 to Midnight exactly how you described.

Cool idea for a thread

Anyhoo...I figure I'd document which movies we watched and a quick little reaction. This isn't something that will be huge, just a quick update here and there. I figure it's be interesting, at least to me.
Sounds interesting to me.
Be prepared, the wife's reactions will be most likely a sentence or two, since that is all I can usually get out of here after watching a movie.
A fresh perspective is a good thing.

If there is a movie I specifically don't want HER to watch (I Spit On Your Grave, Cannibal Holocaust, etc) then we will skip it as well.
Why don't you want her to watch them?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Okay, I didn't notice that part. I saw the title, and posted my question before I read your review.

Why don't you want her to watch them?
Well for one thing, I think they are a little too extreme for her liking. I can't imagine her sitting through either of those movies.

She hates nudity in films too, which is why Showgirls is off the table .

Funny thing though, both of the films reviewed have nudity. 10 To Midnight is littered with it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well for one thing, I think they are a little too extreme for her liking. I can't imagine her sitting through either of those movies.

Funny thing though, both of the films reviewed have nudity. 10 To Midnight is littered with it.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in mine that my wife definitely wouldn't watch. She doesn't mind some of the old classics, but for instance stuff like Grapes of Wrath, Ben-Hur, and Bridge on the River Kwai she would not like.

I agree with your wife. I wouldn't want to sit through some of the more extreme movies either, and I don't care for a lot of unnecessary nudity in films.

Are there movies that she likes that you don't want to watch?

Not really, she loves Disney and....Drop Dead Gorgeous.

I haven't seen Drop Dead Gorgeous, but there's nothing wrong with a good Disney movie every once in a while.

It sounds like her tastes in movies may be similar to mine. How does she feel about musicals and romantic comedies?

I haven't seen Drop Dead Gorgeous, but there's nothing wrong with a good Disney movie every once in a while.

It sounds like her tastes in movies may be similar to mine. How does she feel about musicals and romantic comedies?
Loves musicals, watching romantic comedies a lot.

Cries EVERY TIME she watches PS: I LOVE YOU.