The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Where is How I Met your Mother I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for it.

Oh, no. Not The Cosby Show. Is that actually coming? I don't hate it, but it's never really worked for me, especially as a comedy. I've praised the show before, but if it shows up now, even I feel like it's too high. Although, there is much worse.

Nah, it's not coming. I know you people.

I very much doubt The Cosby Show will be on the list.

Some people hate popularity. Popularity=Shite.
This is the most likely explaination, IMO. It's extremely popular and has been on for a long time. As I've said before, for some reason, few things annoy us like not finding something funny which lots of other people think is great.

Hence, Honeykid, a known atheist and who has even tried to push boring science shows on me to watch, likes Big Bang Theory now.
You mean made recommendations after you've showed an interest in a subject? Yes, I'm guilty of that.

Also, if an interest in science and not believing in God were reasons to like The Big Bang Theory, surely I'd have liked it from the start? Hell, surely I'd have loved it from the start?

I like Futurama . Not seen Deadwood. I always think of Ian McShane as Lovejoy
This is 50% of the reason I didn't watch this programme.

Futurama is OK. It's usually watchable, sometimes very good, but it's never been anything I've gotten into. I can quite happily catch a couple of episodes and enjoy them, then not think of it again for years.

I could see All In The Family making the list, due to the number of Americans on the site, but I can't see it being this high up. I probably should've put Till Death Us Do Part on my list. It wouldn't have made any difference as it wouldn't show up, but thinking about it, I probably should've put it there.

You mean made recommendations after you've showed an interest in a subject? Yes, I'm guilty of that.
Yes, I showed an interest, but that doesn't mean I need The Discovery Channel all on my ass afterwards.

Originally Posted by honeykid
Also, if an interest in science and not believing in God were reasons to like The Big Bang Theory, surely I'd have liked it from the start? Hell, surely I'd have loved it from the start?
It's not necessarily that having an interest in those things makes people like the show or why it's popular. It's just that this whole fascination with science is very much in the air these days. The Big Bang Theory is here now because of this very thing. It is of the moment. It fits in with our current popular culture.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
1. Doctor Who
4. Supernatural
5. NFL Monday Night Football
7. Criminal Minds
12. Archer
21. Deadwood
22. Sons of Anarchy
23. The Walking Dead
24. Angel
25. Eric and Jessie: Game On

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Futurama is another from my list. Loved that since I was really young and I still do. I didn't vote for Deadwood, but that's another great show that deserves to be here.

The Big Bang Theory is watchable, but I can't believe it made it this high. It's just Sheldon saying something nerdy, cue laugh, episode over.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Well I don't remember many shows that entirely ruin 9 seasons in 5 minutes
I don't even like the show and the finale made me mad. Had I been a fan I think it would be really difficult to rewatch any episodes knowing the outcome. Even the few episodes I've seen are rendered pretty meaningless by the finale.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well I don't remember many shows that entirely ruin 9 seasons in 5 minutes
what ruined the show was having 9 seasons instead of 6... the 5 minutes were just another mistake in 3 seasons of mistakes!

I don't even like the show and the finale made me mad. Had I been a fan I think it would be really difficult to rewatch any episodes knowing the outcome. Even the few episodes I've seen are rendered pretty meaningless by the finale.
While the finale was terrible, and the last season pretty much made Teds journey meaningless. The worst thing the show did imo was, the 2-3 seasons of build up to the Robin-Barney Wedding, that lasted like 3 episodes .

Just here for the free donuts
I didn't vote for Deadwood but I loved this show. This little clip from the show always makes me smile. Morning Greetings in Deadwood (NSFW)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I thought All in the Family and The Honeymooners were locks. Maybe I'm just out of touch with television.

I'm not sure that "The Honeymooners" stood the test of time, but "All in the Family" is a great show. I'd be surprised if it didn't make the list.

Welcome to the human race...
Futurama is a solid show that I never watch as much of as I should. I watched Deadwood in its entirety last year and I have mixed feelings about it. It's a good show and definitely cancelled too early, but for some reason I just hit a wall with it near the end of season two and only finished the rest of the series because I'd already made it past the halfway mark so I might as well finish it. I guess that says more about me than the show itself.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
While the finale was terrible, and the last season pretty much made Teds journey meaningless. The worst thing the show did imo was, the 2-3 seasons of build up to the Robin-Barney Wedding, that lasted like 3 episodes .
Yeah, I've never seen any of that but I have heard a lot of complaints about that. I don't understand the reasoning behind either making Robin the mother or just letting Ted get over her, but that seems par for the course in most sitcoms. No one can ever just remain friends after a break up. Besides Elaine and Jerry that is.