Mother of God: Rauldc14s 100 TV Shows

→ in
Tools    

I've not seen the US version of Deal Or No Deal, but I have to confess that it looks even worse than ours. Actually, it 'looks' better, but that's the problem. Without the bonhomie from the members of the public in our version (at least at the start of its time here) I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch it.

Coach was a sitcom that was only ever on at about 4am over here. I've seen a few episodes but from which seasons, when, and if they were in sequence I have no idea. It's OK. For the most part, Ive usually liked US sitcoms, so it passes 20 minutes or so.

Wow. Is The Jerry Springer Show actually still on the air? I don't see an end date for it. I wonder when it's on and where. I do remember seeing it some years ago. It didn't seem the same to me. It was simply -- someone came out on stage. Someone had cheated on somebody. They started throwing chairs. That was it.

In the '90s, they did this, but it wasn't MANDATORY that they did it all the time, you know? There was a lot more originality to the shows. Sometimes the Ku Klux Klan was on. Sometimes it was flamboyant gays. Sometimes incestuous families. Sometimes strippers, sometimes prostitutes, sometimes drag queens, sometimes transsexuals, sometimes pregnant women, sometimes bestiality people.
I've not seen an episode since the early 00's. I watched it in '99 when I got depressed and was only sleeping for 3 or 4 hours a night. It was something I could stare at without paying attention or worrying about what was going to come up. It was ridiculous, but that was the point. As you said, later ones seemed to consist of "JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!" Intos, horrible things being said/done onstage, Jerry turning his back on it all and/or giving a "whaddya gonna do?" shrug to the audience, followed by a calming period before violence and/or chairs being thrown. Repeat.

Jerry Springer was all the rage in the late '90s. At least, it was for me and my family. My aunt loved it. She died in '98, so that was around the time Jerry fever was happening. I used to have a Jerry Springer t-shirt and a poster on my wall. I also went to see the Jerry Springer movie, Ringmaster, when it came out. Remember that movie? With Jaime Pressly.

Deal or No Deal is great, HK.
Really? Great? I liked it for the first few months that it was on, but I'd have never called it great. There again, as I said, our version is different, so maybe it is great in the US.

Deal or No Deal was fun to PLAY. At least, sometimes. I played it on a TV / DVD based thing and thought it was fun.

The show was okay, but I think it was too long or something. The episodes were long. Weren't they an hour? It got redundant.

I never really cared for The Jetsons. Great theme song, but the show? Didn't care for it.

I watched Mr. Rodgers as a little kid, but I made fun of him even then.

Fear Factor, Jerry Springer, Jeopardy, Coach, Deal or No Deal, and The Jetsons are all great.

Never saw Touched by an Angel.

Never heard of Legends of the Hidden Temple or Strip Poker.