The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Didn't you vote for The Bachelor?
If this is true, shame on you, raul.

Also shame on anyone who voted for any reality show.

I personally never watch much TV anymore, so most of the shows I remember are shows I watched when I was a kid.

Full House is something I'll watch if I find it on and there's nothing else to watch. During those rare moments I actually have the TV on to watch television shows. I hunt for shows I remember and like. Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Married... with Children... those are things I can find easily on TV still.

I watched Big Brother 16 this year and that's the most TV I've watched in a great while. I hadn't even been watching Big Brother in years.

Those drama shows... those hour long things... urgh. I would rather watch some reality show than that stuff. I've never been big on reality shows, but they're better than those stupid, overrated dramas. Breaking Bad... I've never seen it, but I don't give a damn. Like I need a show about some jerks who make meth. How is that gonna enrich my life? I gave True Blood a chance, but it lost me during the second season.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Speaking of reality shows:

50. Survivor (2000- )

Theme Song

Quote: Outwit, Outlast, Outplay.

A reality game show in which contestants try to win challenges and form alliances to become the last remaining survivor.

In the beginning the contests are split into tribes. The tribes compete against each other in challenges. The winning tribe is safe while the other tribe(s) must go to tribal council where one person is voted off the island.

Contestants live in a primitive manner and are given minimal food and must make their own fire and shelter. "Luxuries" can sometimes be won in specific challenges.

Controversies: The most famous Survivor controversy is no doubt "the dead grandma lie" Contestant Johnny Fairplay made the lie up to gain sympathy from fellow contestants believing that no one would vote out someone that just lost a loved relative.

Richard Hatch purposely had his exposed genitals come into contact with fellow contestant Susan Hawk during a challenge. When later asked why she didn't sue for sexual harassment she stated that the show helped her deal with it.

Boston Rob: Arguably the most famous Survivor contestant, Boston Rob had made somewhat of a career out of reality shows appearing twice on the Amazing Race and four times on Survivor.

He married fellow Survivor contestant Amber. The marriage was broadcast on CBS making the union a reality tv show in and of itself.

Placements: 1st, 1 4th, 1 8th, 1 15th

49. Everybody Loves Raymond (1996 - 2005)

Theme Song

Quote: I'm a cop and live with my parents. I'm on a constant diet of human suffering. ~ Robert

A sitcom centered around an Italian-American family. The main focus of the show is sports-writer Ray and his wife and their dealings with his overbearing mother and the sibling rivalry with his brother.

Amy's changing brother: In earlier episodes he was played by Paul Rubens and was named Russell. In later episodes he was played by Chris Elliot and became Peter.

Almost horrible casting mistake: Originally, CBS wanted Jane Sibbet to play Debra but the show's creator threatened to quit if Patricia Heaton wasn't given the role.

It's hard to imagine the bland almost forgettable actress that played Carol on Friends in place of Heaton.

Peter Boyle's audition: After getting lost on his way to the audition and other nuisances, Boyle was in an extremely foul mood when he auditioned for Frank. Whatever got him the job, he fit the part perfectly.

Placements: 1 20th, 1 15th, 1 7th, 1 3rd, 1 9th

I didn't have it on my list, but I really do like Everybody Loves Raymond. I don't know if I've seen every episode or not, I just watch them as they're on, but I do have a season or two on dvd and can quite happily watch them on a loop for a good while. Never really in contention for my list, but if I were doing a 100, it'd be there.

Very pleased to see Patricia Heaton was cast. So hot.

Never watched Survivor and only saw the first episode of the UK one.

These two are alright, though I've never been big fans of either show. I've never watched an entire season of Survivor and haven't even watched a single episode... God. Probably not since the first year or two it was on. Big Brother appealed to me and I just didn't care for it.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica(2011- )

Placements: 1-1st, 1-2nd, 1-9th, 1-18th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? 1 vote for 1st and 2nd???

Who wants to claim they voted for this show?

Are these 4 votes from members that are known here?
Look at my top 10. Madoka is the best thing made over the past 15 years, in any medium, be it TV, film, music, books or animation. Anime fans are in general crazy about the show and since it was also released as a movie duology it is also my favorite film series.

Read this:

http://kotaku.com/non-anime-fan-revi...ours-740913532

It's extremely brutal show as well, I have never watched anything that felt more evil to it's characters than this. Though I don't think you would actually feel anything watching it. I also showed it to people here in a hall of fame, and most people didn't feel anything for it. Like showing The Godfather to an African tribe, nobody there will feel anything for the film as it comes from a different culture working with a different visual language. Though the plot is mostly derived from European literature (Faust).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Speaking of reality shows:

50. Survivor (2000- )

I don't watch "Survivor" because I don't care for that type of reality show. (I only like the reality shows that are talent shows.)

But Richard Hatch from "Survivor" was a guest star on an episode of "Becker", and it has one of my favorite TV quotes. They talked about his time on "Survivor". I can't find a link to the video, but here's the transcript from IMDB's quotes page for "Becker":

[Becker's patient is Richard Hatch, winner of "Survivor: Borneo"]
Dr. John Becker: [checking his clipboard] Okay, uh, Mr. Hatch. I'm Dr. Becker.
[he and Richard shake hands]
Richard Hatch: Hey, Doc. Want me to take my clothes off? 'Cause that's no problem.
Dr. John Becker: Uh, why don't we just talk first.
Richard Hatch: Okay.
Dr. John Becker: [checking his clipboard] All right. It says you're here for... stomach distress. Any, uh, recent changes in your diet?
Richard Hatch: No, but, uh, several months ago, I was out of the country.
Dr. John Becker: Oh, yeah, I've seen that before. Mexico?
Richard Hatch: No, I was on this island. My diet was very exotic. I pretty much existed on stingray, dog food, beetle larvae...
Dr. John Becker: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop. What the hell's wrong with you?
Richard Hatch: Hey, some of the *other* people there ate rats.
Dr. John Becker: Rats? Well, why in the world would anyone do that?
Richard Hatch: It was for "Survivor."
Dr. John Becker: "Survivor?"
Richard Hatch: You know, the contest? The show? It was on television.
Dr. John Becker: Television? Oh, my God! You know, what is this world coming to? People are eating bugs and rats on a stupid television show? I swear to God! You know, TV has become nothing more than the... the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots! Don't they have better things to do than to debase themselves coast to coast?
Richard Hatch: Well, I won.
Dr. John Becker: Oh, yeah, won. Yeah, please. I mean, what could you possibly have won that would make up for your loss of self-respect?
Richard Hatch: A million dollars?
Dr. John Becker: Now, h-h-how could I get involved with something like that? Is that something that any... just anybody...
[the scene fades out]

49. Everybody Loves Raymond (1996 - 2005)

A sitcom centered around an Italian-American family. The main focus of the show is sports-writer Ray and his wife and their dealings with his overbearing mother and the sibling rivalry with his brother.

I love "Everybody Loves Raymond", but it didn't make my list. I'm glad to see that it made it on the list without my help.

It's a show that my whole family loves because we can relate to it. Besides the fact that they live on Long Island, and we live on Long Island, they're Italian, and we're Jewish, and the two are very similar.

Do you know the difference between an Italian grandmother and a Jewish grandmother?

WARNING: "ANSWER:" spoilers below
The Italian grandmother says "Eat or I'll kill you". The Jewish grandmother says "Eat or I'll kill myself".