The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Oh, give me a break. Look at the hairstyle. Look at the fat faces. Look at the eyes. The nose. The expression. The eyebrows. The skin tone.

God. Honeykid just wants to ruin the ability to look at two people and think they look alike, just like Honeykid ruins a lot of other things. Well, excuse me, but I have no free will and I cannot help if, when I look at David Mitchell, my brain computes, "This looks kind of like Matthew Broderick." And I wasn't the only computer that thought so. So shut up.

How did i manage to forget Peep Show . I really like Robert Webb, but it's David Mitchell who is one of my favourite human being. From Talk Shows and stuff it pretty much seems like Mark is an exaggerated version of David. Definetely one of the funniest British shows.

I watched the 1st Season of Walking Dead but just couldn't get into it.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Two more I haven't seen. So far only three from my list have shown up. :/

1. Avatar: The Last Airbender
20. I Love Lucy
22. The Andy Griffith Show

I love "Peep Show", which like "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and some of my other favorites is more brilliantly awkward uncomfortableness and characters getting caught being horrible people. Can't get enough of the misadventures of Mark Corrigan and Jez! Not to mention Sophie, Super Hans, Johnson, Big Suze, Dobby, and the rest! It sort of built to a natural conclusion in Season Four, with the wedding. But as perfect as that was (and the fifth episode of that series, "Holiday", may still be my all-time favorite), I am so glad they kept it going, letting these characters become more and more cowardly, selfish, insecure, and despicable, following their proclivities and weaknesses to the natural extremes, which makes them ever so enjoyable for me to watch.

I didn't start watching until the third season, as I feared the gimmick was too, well, gimmicky. If you don't know, everything the camera sees is from a character's point of view, often shifting many times in a scene, and this point of view perspective also lends itself to hearing character's thoughts as voice over. As unwieldy as that may seem, it is done not only seamlessly but rather brilliantly. Being able to hear interior monologue is a constant winner, as is the first person perspective.

I had "Peep Show" as my number nine overall pick. For me it is the best Britcom of the past fifteen years, surpassing "The Office' and "Spaced" and everything. Yeah, I like it that damn much.

My list...

1. "The Rockford Files" (#64)
4. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (#70)
7. "The Larry Sanders Show" (#99)
9. "Peep Show" (#53)
12. "Lonesome Dove" (#60)
14. "The Colbert Report" (#81)
20. "Parks and Recreation" (#58)
25. "Have Gun - Will Travel" (DNP)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	peepers.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	18218  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Even as someone who's not seen an entire episode and doesn't like the POV, its use with an internal monologue does work very well indeed.

Even as someone who's not seen an entire episode and doesn't like the POV, its use with an internal monologue does work very well indeed.
You haven't even seen an entire episode of Peep Show? Then you are not the authority on David Mitchell's looks.

Yeah, that's not the only programme he does over here. Also, I'm not an authority on his or anyone elses looks. I simply don't think they have more than a passing similarity. A bit like a lot of Ricky Gervais lookalikes are slightly fat white blokes with a small van Gogh ala David Brent.

Yeah, that's not the only programme he does over here.
Oh, you don't watch enough TV.

Idk i kind of agree with SC.

They do look pretty similar, the way they both have one nose which is above the mouth but below the eyes. They've both even got two ears.

What else do you want?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
52. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (2011- )

Quote: Tiro Finale!

A Japanese animated series about school girls who are given the opportunity to become magical girls.

Latin, sort of: Puella Magi is latin for Magical Girl. However, the correct Latin would be Puella Maga.

Kajiuran: is a Latinesque made up language heard in the music.

Kyubey: A cat like creature which is a telepathic creature that grants the girls one wish if they become magical girls. It is supposed to be like a H.P Lovecraft character in that it is uninterested in human feelings.

Placements: 1 1st, 1 2nd , 1 18th, 1 9th

51. I'm Alan Partridge (1997- 2002)

Theme Song

Quote: You work in a petrol station Michael. It's not the Gulf War. Which ironically is like a large petrol station. ~ Alan Partridge

British sit-com centered around Alan Partridge, a failed television presenter.

The series is preceded by Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge and is followed by Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridg

Fernando: Alan's son. He's named after the Abba song of the same name.

Drama school: Simon Greenall (Michael) and Steve Coogan went to drama school together. Simon gave Steve his first break.

Placements: 1 20th, 1 8th, 1 7th, 1 4th , 1 16th

Never heard of Puella Magi, but the thought of watching cartoon schoolgirls becoming magical girls fills me with dread

On the other hand Alan Partridge makes me laugh. I love him and his assistant Lynn. This one was my number 20

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm Alan Partridge was my #4.

I first saw Coogan's creation when Alan was the sports presenter on The Day Today and something clicked. Unlike the rest of the Chris Morris vehicle, Partridge wasn't trying to be edgy or absurdest. He was a traditional sitcom character of the nerdy, gaff-prone, socially awkward variety.

Knowing Me, Knowing You followed and I loved it. Like The Day Today, KMKY was filmed as a faux TV show and that was the part which was holding Coogan back, for me. I wanted an unleashed Alan...

With I'm Alan Partridge I got precisely that.

Season one is better than season two (something that Coogan and Iannucci agree on) in that it's less sitcom-y but I'd still happily watch it over 99% of other TV comedies. Partridge was both Coogan's finest creation and the albatross around his neck but he's become more at ease with the fact that he'll forever be remembered for the character as he's got older. In fact, the Mid Morning Matters show contained some quintessential Alan. It had a bittersweet tone that comes from a comedian approaching middle age (and fast approaching the age of Alan himself) and deserved a lot more praise than it received.

Even the film, Alpha Papa, was surprisingly not sh*t.

There's a little of Alan in all of us...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Didn't vote for him in any of his incarnations, but I do like Alan Partridge. The film was surprisingly decent too.

This is just disgusting.

DISGUSTING.

What the Hell is this *****?! Especially the first ... that Asian Wiccan show. Whatever it is.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica(2011- )

Placements: 1-1st, 1-2nd, 1-9th, 1-18th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? 1 vote for 1st and 2nd???

Who wants to claim they voted for this show?

Are these 4 votes from members that are known here?

A system of cells interlinked
Wiccans are cool.

That show...does not look up my alley at all.... as for who voted for it, clearly Guap was one of the people, as he has been talking about it for quite some time. He knows his anime, so there is probably something to it. Just not my thing, is all. Each, to his own.

I have never even heard of the other one!

I think I approached this list much differently than others. To me, no multi-camera sitcom is ever going to be as good as something like Breaking Bad, which is shot like a film using single camera, has much higher production values, and is overall just approached and written on a much more cinematic and engaging level. I dunno, I just dislike sitcoms I guess; every last one of them. I didn't consider anything like that for the list when I was able to choose from giant pool of extremely well-written and produced contemporary stuff, and classics like The Twilight Zone, which are still more engaging to me today than a lot of the lighter fare I was exposed to over the years. I am sure some of my listed shows will appear soon! Uh, right?