Cricket's top 100 horror movies

→ in
Tools    

I have seen Nosferatu, The Lost Boys & 28 Weeks Later. I havent seen the original Maniac but I have seen the remake. Good list so far Cricket!

Thanks MovieGal, and I watched The Woman last night-very good!
Im glad you enjoyed it Cricket, now what about the rest of my recommendations...

I dont think any of my recommendations have ever disappointed you...they may have been a shock to your brain but never a disappointment...

35. Black Christmas (1974)

This recent watch is now one of my favorite slashers.

34. The Stepfather (1987)

This movie proves that you never truly know somebody else.

33. The Brood (1979)

This movie is slow for the first part, but it's creepy and has a great ending.

32. The Mist (2007)

Speaking of great endings, this has the most out of nowhere finale, and made a good movie unforgettable.

31. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

It's not a horror list without Freddy Krueger.

Rep for Nightmare on Elm Street and Night of the Living Dad. My next two movies coming from Netflix are The Innocents and Stepfather (I've seen the more recent version). I feel like I could love or hate Mum and Dad

Rep for Nightmare on Elm Street and Night of the Living Dad. My next two movies coming from Netflix are The Innocents and Stepfather (I've seen the more recent version). I feel like I could love or hate Mum and Dad
I feel like if you're drawn to a movie like Mum and Dad, you're going to like it. It's well done.

All 5 movies in the last set are great ! nice choice Crick'

30. Poltergeist (1982)

I saw this at the drive-in when I was 11; nothing could've been better.

29. Return of the Living Dead (1985)

This one is part comedy, but there's plenty of violence and it's a great time.

28. The Re-Animator (1985)

When I saw this, it was one of the goriest movies I ever saw. It's also funny and has one of the most memorable sex scenes.

27. Freaks (1932)

This is made extremely freaky due to the freaks being real people. Co-starring our very own Swan, as the bearded lady.

26. Hostel (2005)

A lot of people will tell you that this movie is all about what's wrong with horror these days. I'm drawn to these kinds of movies, and this is one of the best.

I probably like 2 enough to include it in this, but I'm trying to avoid sequels and remakes unless necessary. Part 3 is a big step down but still alright.

I probably like 2 enough to include it in this, but I'm trying to avoid sequels and remakes unless necessary. Part 3 is a big step down but still alright.
You disappoint me big time with your anti-sequel agenda.

Hostel: Part II was better than the first movie.

Have not seen III. Don't really care to since Eli Roth wasn't involved.

I ultimately like both. Haven't seen the third though. Like you, I refuse to watch a Hostel film without Eli Roth's involvement.

I wouldn't outright refuse to watch Hostel III. I just don't really have that much of an interest based on what I expect. It could be great. I'd watch it if I found myself in the mood to see it for some reason.

Clearly Hostel II wasn't LIFE CHANGING or else I would watch Hostel III no matter what. Like, if Scream 2 had been followed up by an even worse Scream 3, with no Wes Craven or anything related to 2, I would have to watch it anyway, just because it's the next movie. Just like how I had to buy Jarhead 2, which was a huge mistake.