The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Just here for the free donuts
I like SOA quite a bit, if only for the sheer "entertainment" aspect of the series. It is a bit over the top and sometimes downright silly but also has very poignant and touching moments. Some of the montages throughout the show are also well crafted and in my opinion, the music choices on the show are very often top notch. Just good, solid entertainment.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. I had it as my number four, twenty-two points. Larry's brilliantly awkward uncomfortable off-center hysteria so perfectly jibes with my own sensibility. I have literally fallen off my couch, several times, watching Larry David at work in this show. I hope he comes back for one more season, at some point. He gets to act the way I so want to in so many situations. OK, and I do give in to those impulses, sometimes. But....damn, he makes me laugh.

And I like "Northern Exposure" a whole lot. It would most definitely be on my list of top shows of the 1990s. It didn't QUITE make my cut, here, top fifty for sure. I wish somebody would pony up the dough for the music rights to get a proper DVD release....but alas. Though it is finally happening with "WKRP in Cincinnati", so there's always hope.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not sure of your objective by pointing that out. It's the way I speak and I type the way I talk. I'm not a very contained person, I get excited by small things and it's an ingrained part of my personality so, yes, it's going to be a word I use a lot. There are worse words to throw around, I guess.
That's because in Brazil nobody says they love something. In fact, I never heard anybody said that. They usually say they like something or if they are really into something that they put it intravenously. Now I know that when one says they love something it means something they like quite a lot.

No, it wasn't on my list. I ended up leaving off a lot of shows that I am not currently watching just because I simply didn't think of them at the time. Turns out they would have been wasted votes anyway, so I'm not that upset by it. I would have been the only one to vote for five of the seven I accidentally left off.
I see.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's because in Brazil nobody says they love something. In fact, I never heard anybody said that. They usually say they like something or if they are really into something that they put it intravenously. Now I know that when one says they love something it means something they like quite a lot..
I don't know that it translates into really "like it a lot" though. I wouldn't say that conveys enough excitement or the correct level of enjoyment of something that I say I love. That's one of my favorites of what ever subject we are talking about would probably be a more apt translation.

So when I say I love something you can assume it's just my favorite of something.

I see. But your favorites appear to be larger set than the favorites lists you make. Because I remember you said you loved Akira but I don't remember seeing it in your top 120 list, for example. Same case here.

I think I would only use the word love only for the top 15 of my animations list and top 30 for live action list. For example. Only list that I love all the stuff unconditionally is my top 100 metal, I mean, music albums list.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Boy Meets World was five for me. So you have jaydee, swan, and myself to blame.
JayDee, Swan and Rauld - Founding Members of the Boy Meets World MoFo Fan Club.

First meeting tomorrow evening. Dress code is hooded shrouds like cults wear.

It's just a cultural thing, Guap, though I understand the confusion, given the language. It's best to think of it like this

It's just a cultural thing, Guap, though I understand the confusion, given the language. It's best to think of it like this

Eddie Izzard....

He's like the Asian movies of drag queens to me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Have any of you watched the new show "Girl Meets World"? If so, what did you think of it?

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Have any of you watched the new show "Girl Meets World"? If so, what did you think of it?

I really enjoy it. It's not nearly as good as BMW was but it doesn't really try to be in my opinion. I have my DVR set to record new GMW episodes though. I like it a lot.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
4. Supernatural
5. NFL Monday Night Football
12. Archer
22. Sons of Anarchy (admittedly I only watched the first 2 seasons. then it got away from me)
25. Eric and Jessie: Game On

Have any of you watched the new show "Girl Meets World"?
Miss Vicky isn't watching it.

Eddie Izzard....

He's like the Asian movies of drag queens to me.
We've danced this dance before, but he's not a drag queen. At all.

I'd like to give it a go as I liked Boy Meets World. I only saw a trailer for it a few weeks ago and, I have to confess, was rather excited once I saw that Cory and Topanga would be in it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

I really like that show. A show I didn't vote for but should have was Mike and Molly. Fricken hilarious.

I see. But your favorites appear to be larger set than the favorites lists you make. Because I remember you said you loved Akira but I don't remember seeing it in your top 120 list, for example. Same case here.

I think I would only use the word love only for the top 15 of my animations list and top 30 for live action list. For example. Only list that I love all the stuff unconditionally is my top 100 metal, I mean, music albums list.
You're overthinking this. It's just my manner of speak and I was trying to help you out so that you could have something to relate it to when you hear it. For example, if someone mentions donuts, I'm going to comment that I love donuts. They smell good, taste good and it makes me happy to eat one.

In relation to films and movies if I say I love it it means that I really had a great experience watching it or it's one that I like to watch over and over again. It's a pretty common for Americans to do that, I guess. I've never payed attention.

But yeah, usually when we do these lists I have a lot more favorites than I do room. The only exceptions where the millennium list and the comic book movie list. If I hadn't forgotten so much that wouldn't be true of the first one.

I'm sorry if it confuses you. It would probably be best just to think of it as really like it a lot as you first planned.

66. Angel (1999 - 2004)

Theme Song

Quote: Los Angeles. You see it at night and it shines. Like a beacon. People are drawn to it. People and other things.They come for all sorts of reasons. My reason? No surprise there - it started with a girl.~ Angel

A private investigating vampire and his group help people by fighting supernatural baddies for them.

In the later seasons the series became more about the groups battle with the demonic law firm, Wolfram & Heart.

Spin-Off: Angel played Buffy's main love interest in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and was later given his own show.

Character crossovers: Both minor and major characters from Buffy became regulars on Angel. Cordelia and Spike arguably being the most popular to appear on both shows.

Often the story lines of the two shows would merge enough so that characters from one show would appear on the other.

Series finale: Many fans were upset that the final episode was so open ended, but Whedon knew that wasn't quite the end. A movie that never happened was in talks, but also Angel lives on in the form or comic books.

Real life Angel couple: Alyson Hannigan (Willow) and Alexis Denisof (Wesley) are married and have two children.

Placements: 1 5th, 1 24th , 1 23rd,1 10th, 1 6th

65. House M.D (2004 - 2012)

Theme Song

Quote: "Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 90, sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens and there's never any dignity in it. I don't care if you can walk, see, wipe your own ass. It's always ugly. Always. You can live with dignity, we can't die with it." ~ House

A brilliant doctor with a horrible bed side manner solves puzzling and severe medical problems.

Popularity: In 2008 House was the most watched program in the world.

On Hugh Laurie: He had quite a few British television shows and films on his résumé, but this was his first American endeavor.

He suffers from clinical depression and often feels insecure about his performances.

Character influence: The character of House is based off Sherlock Holmes. They both share the address 221B

Placements: 2 14th, 1 21st, 1 1st, 1 18th

Loved both shows for a while, though I didn't make it to the end of House (season 6 or 7, I think and if it hadn't been for Lisa Edelstein I might'nt have made it that far) I was with Angel from start to finish. I loved the ending. Much better than the ending of Buffy, IMO. This was, probably, the biggest surprise for me when making my list in that Angel didn't make the cut. I just assumed it would and, had I seen it recently, it's possible, but for me it peaks with Season 2 and there's stuff about the next three seasons which mar the memory of each.

When House was good, it was really good. Good enough to make my ballot even though I quit watching before the show ended. I can't remember what placement I gave it though. My list is saved at home and I'm at work.