Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Interstellar is a tricky movie- it can either be a big hit or a big flop depending on so many things.

A system of cells interlinked
"Those aren't waves, they're mountains..."

p.e.

ok, maybe a lil' dyslexic on that one...you get the drift
"I like to think of space and time as analogous to the ocean, and changes in it as analogous to waves on the surface of the ocean, but those waves, of course, don't show up when one's miles above the ocean. It looks flat. Then as one gets down closer to the surface one sees the waves breaking"

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm the biggest Nolan indifferent ever. I'll pass on seeing this one.

"Those aren't waves, they're mountains..."

p.e.

ok, maybe a lil' dyslexic on that one...you get the drift
Reminds me of Lewis' Perelandra, which largely takes place on an ocean planet and had some similar cool ideas. Like flexible islands that rested on top of the sea and moved up and down wildly with its undulations.

I'm just hoping it's better than Gravity
what's wrong with gravity? i'm sorry but if gravity is bad to you, then i'm lionel messi !!

Interstellar is a tricky movie- it can either be a big hit or a big flop depending on so many things.
There is no way under the sun it will flop. Nolan gets butts in chairs and the success of Gravity last year shows that people are willing to watch space films.

I predict it lands somewhere in the $800 million to $1 billion mark.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
I'm gonna go watch it, even though I'm still kind of unsure what to expect. With Nolan, anything seems possible!

what's wrong with gravity? i'm sorry but if gravity is bad to you, then i'm lionel messi !!
It's not bad, it's just not that great

It's not bad, it's just not that great
Please elighten me how it could have been better????

Ton of very positive buzz on twitter about the film from those who saw it. I have come to temper my expectation based on early screening twitter hype. A lot of people were buzzing about TDKR and while I really enjoyed it I thought it is Nolan's weakest film, didn't quite meet my very very loft expectations that his previous films did. It's definitely reaffirming that so many people are amazed by Interstellar, but it could just be excitement from seeing it before anyone else.

I definitively will be there opening weekend. I know I will really really enjoy it, but I'm hoping it meets my very high expectations Mr. Nolan has put out for every movie he releases now. Just an insane standard he has set for himself. We shall see.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
I am pumped. Until today, all I had seen from Nolan was the Dark Knight trilogy. I watched Inception for the first time today and was completely blown away by it, and I plan to watch The Prestige at some point, too. So, I have high hopes for this one.

I am pumped. Until today, all I had seen from Nolan was the Dark Knight trilogy. I watched Inception for the first time today and was completely blown away by it, and I plan to watch The Prestige at some point, too. So, I have high hopes for this one.
damn! The Prestige is probably my favorite Nolan film and I love me some Nolan. Try to catch everything he has made. Not a rotten apple in the bunch. Insomnia was full of great performances and Memento is what got the ball rolling for Nolan, innovated flick. Even his first sorta short film Following is great. I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve after Interstellar.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The way the movie looks and Nolan's experience with IMAX (looking at you John Wick ), makes it an opening weekend must for me.

I do have to temper it with some skepticism. I realize that I am excited because of the story, Mr. alright, Michael Caine, Nolan and the format it was shot in. Then I watch the trailer and realize it doesn't really move me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inte...id=home_list3a

Surprisingly mixed reception so far. It has a 69% right now.
Might be a good sign, because critics have been praising every mediocre flick under the sun this year with a 90% or higher.

Master of My Domain
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inte...id=home_list3a

Surprisingly mixed reception so far. It has a 69% right now.
Might be a good sign, because critics have been praising every mediocre flick under the sun this year with a 90% or higher.
Personally I don't trust RT. A lot of the critics who write their two cents on movies are not professionals.

Looking forward to Interstellar. I'm off to Bradford as part of a uni visit to the media museum and then to the IMAX to see it in 2D.