Who are some acclaimed directors you can't get into?

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
All the big fans certainly like 2001, strange love, clockwork, or shining as favorite.
I consider myself a big fan, for me Kubrick is the best director that ever lived... And for me, Lolita is better that The Shining!

I'd rank The Clockwork, Strangelove and Lolita very close!

2001 is different because its importance in the history of cinema. I am completely amazed by it but if you ask me what I prefer to watch, then I'd say the other 3!

Master of My Domain
Tyler Perry is not acclaimed. Everyone knows he's a hack.
Acclaimed does not necessarily mean 'high-rated', its also means someone or something that is approved with enthusiasm and joy... meaning that it depends on people's opinion.

Mainstream movie viewers with a simple mind and a lack of understanding sophisticated humor Tyler Perry is a good director, which is as mentioned before totally wrong.

Me me me me me. I'm a loyal crew member.

I'm not an extreme anti-Nolan guy though, while his direction in Memento really shined The Dark Knight series and Inception's success had nearly nothing to do with his direction yet he gets most of the credit. Same thing with most films actually, with directors getting all the spotlight while the crew members work the hardest only to be a eternal shadow... especially in South Korea its like this but idk much about other countries.
What?! If it's not for Nolan's direction, what made his films successful? The dude is so meticulous he doesn't even use a 2nd unit. I understand if you don't care for his films, but you can't take his credit away from him...

I'd second Altman and add Ron Howard to this list. I've not seen tons of Altman or Howard films, but I've never really connected with either directors films.

Master of My Domain
What?! If it's not for Nolan's direction, what made his films successful? The dude is so meticulous he doesn't even use a 2nd unit. I understand if you don't care for his films, but you can't take his credit away from him...

I'd second Altman and add Ron Howard to this list. I've not seen tons of Altman or Howard films, but I've never really connected with either directors films.
Script, cinematography, editing, and one of the world's most famous superhero. Basically everything but his direction. Sure his direction kept the flow of his movies stable, but if it didn't exist it wouldn't have made a huge difference anyways.

Script, cinematography, editing, and one of the world's most famous superhero. Basically everything but his direction. Sure his direction kept the flow of his movies stable, but if it didn't exist it wouldn't have made a huge difference anyways.
You named all things he had a direct hand in and one of the world's most famous superheroes wasn't in Inception. The scripts for the Batman films are all pretty lousy and Inceptions screenplay (written by Nolan, BTW) is 90% exposition. Film is a medium that lives and dies by the direction. TV is a writers medium, film is the directors medium. Nolan owns his films and it shows on every frame.

I predict Interstellar makes minimum $500 million and it won't be based on Batman being in it.

I used to hate Woody Allen films but then quite liked Midnight in Paris and loved Vicky Cristina Barcelona so am wary of saying who I don't like as my taste obviously changes.
I used ot love David Lynch but that was as a teenage film student and it was sort of law. Now he just irritates me.

I used to hate Woody Allen films but then quite liked Midnight in Paris and loved Vicky Cristina Barcelona so am wary of saying who I don't like as my taste obviously changes.
I used ot love David Lynch but that was as a teenage film student and it was sort of law. Now he just irritates me.
What other Woody Allen films have you seen? I love Woody, but HATED Vicky Christina Barcelona.

How could I forget that guy who made Faces! Though I didn't know he was acclaimed. Though like Altman, I have only watched one movie of his so I cannot say I dislike his work because I don't know much about it.

Interestingly, in animation I loved everything that from acclaimed directors. That's because I love animation, while film is only a medium to me, I like watching pure animation, watching pure film? Not really.

Lolita is my favorite Kubrick, which basically means I'm not a Kubrick fan.
Lolita is my favorite Kubrick, Fanny and Alexander is my favorite Bergman, The White Ribbon is my favorite Haneke, Ivan's Childhood is my favorite Tarkovsky.

I have no names to offer. Pretty much every director I've seen referred to as "acclaimed" by film communities has made at least one or two movies that I really enjoyed. I wouldn't say I can't "get into them."

How could I forget that guy who made Faces! Though I didn't know he was acclaimed. Though like Altman, I have only watched one movie of his so I cannot say I dislike his work because I don't know much about it.
I, like you hated Faces, but I actually liked Woman Under the Influence so I can't write him off.

I'm curious as to What David O. Russell and Tim Burton films you have seen.
David O. Russell: I Heart Huckabees
The Fighter
Silver Linings Playbook
American Hustle

His early work looks stupid, but I admittedly want to see Three Kings (because of the premise, not him) but no longer have high hopes for it.

Tim Burton: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Batman
Batman Returns
Edward Scissorhands
Mars Attacks!
Planet of the Apes
Big Fish
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Alice in Wonderland

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed