4th Movie Hall of Fame Nominations

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I never said that I've seen those movies I just said that it look boring and completely out of my style and genre of movie. At least I'm honest I didn't try to find reason to like a movie that I'm not gonna be liking anyway... so scuse me if I offend , hurt or injure someone here by my lack of participation in this tournament. You could make fun of me with my poor english knowledge or my reputation of voting in a movie tournament when supposedly I didn't see the movie in question ?.... (Werckmeister Harmonies was an error I was new I don't totally knew all the rules) so get over it please lol.... and please stop acting like your better than everybody... (for all or near in this topic)

Thank you
Derek, don't play the victim. Your language skills have nothing to do with this. You came into a thread that you bailed on to insult the winners, never mind the fact that you haven't seen them. It was rude and people responded. What else did you expect?

Well, nobody followed the rules of discussing every movie they watched on this thread as several people had lists but didn't talk about my nomination.
This was just a weird HoF all around. I say let's just figure out which movie we are nominating and move on.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Here's my list

1. On the Waterfront
2. Sansho the Bailiff
3. Ed Wood
4. Trouble in Paradise
5. Autumn Sonata
6. Sweet Smell of Success
7. Primal Fear
8. Cherry Blossoms
9. Singin in the Rain
10. Yojimbo
11. Punch Drunk Love
12. Synecdoche, New York
13. Bigger than Life
14. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring
15. 8 1/2
16.Revolutionary Girl Utena

The first six are absolutely great films. But I would vote Sansho to win.

I think that we should cancel it. Nominate nothing since half of the people did not participate and the other half did not discuss everything and hence did not follow the rules. It was a failure.

Here's my list

1. On the Waterfront
2. Sansho the Bailiff
3. Ed Wood
4. Trouble in Paradise
5. Autumn Sonata
6. Sweet Smell of Success
7. Primal Fear
8. Cherry Blossoms
9. Singin in the Rain
10. Yojimbo
11. Punch Drunk Love
12. Synecdoche, New York
13. Bigger than Life
14. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring
15. 8 1/2
16.Revolutionary Girl Utena

The first six are absolutely great films. But I would vote Sansho to win.
Your two last ones are my top 2! We have almost symmetrically inverse tastes!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think that we should cancel it. Nominate nothing since half of the people did not participate and the other half did not discuss everything and hence did not follow the rules. It was a failure.
Not gonna be cancelled. It will be Sansho or Autumn Sonata.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Here's mine:

1. Sansho the Bailiff
2. Trouble in Paradise
3. Yojimbo
4. Bigger than Life
5. 8 1/2
6. Singin' in the Rain
7. Synecdoche, New York
8. Autumn Sonata
9. Punch-Drunk Love
10. Sweet Smell of Success
11. Ed Wood
12. Cherry Blossoms
13. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ... and Spring
14. Primal Fear
15. Adolescence of Utena

Like always, I regret the placement of several movies the minute I send it in. I really like the top 8, and generally like the top 10. Ed Wood I'm pretty "eh" on, and the bottom 4 are the only that I actively disliked, and among those the order is pretty arbitrary.

I'm not going to cancel it. I only ask for eight to run one and anymore is a bonus.

I fully trust everyone that sent in a list. Therefore the reason that rule was in place didn't matter. It would have been nice to have more discussion, but it still stands that two deserving movies placed first.

Just wait for two more months then. I can watch everything and send my list over the next 60 days. I think that the others who did not send their lists also should be given more time. This way we have more participation and hence we can have a decent winner that reflected the tastes of a larger proportion of the people participating.

The usual timeframe for these things was 6 months, this one people were given way less time than usual while having to watch more films than usual. As result the proportion of the people who watched everything greatly declined.

Placing the movies still torments me. I'm always trying to work on a better system.

I guess it's time to put this to a vote. You can vote publicly or privately, it doesn't matter to me, but I want all nine to voice their opinion before I announce the winner.

Here's mine:

1. Sansho the Bailiff
2. Trouble in Paradise
3. Yojimbo
4. Bigger than Life
5. 8 1/2
6. Singin' in the Rain
7. Synecdoche, New York
8. Autumn Sonata
9. Punch-Drunk Love
10. Sweet Smell of Success
11. Ed Wood
12. Cherry Blossoms
13. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ... and Spring
14. Primal Fear
15. Adolescence of Utena

Like always, I regret the placement of several movies the minute I send it in. I really like the top 8, and generally like the top 10. Ed Wood I'm pretty "eh" on, and the bottom 4 are the only that I actively disliked, and among those the order is pretty arbitrary.
We have very similar taste for film.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
When I was in college I studied 10 hours a week. When I got into the PHD, I studied 70 hours a week.
I can't really quantify my work in hours, but it's certainly far more that 10 hours a week, and more than studying.

#1 Sweet Smell of Success
yeah it was my nomination and it almost was second, but I just love it to much. One of the greatest noir if not the best, the atmosphere,the dialogue, Burt Lancaster as JJ Hunsecker just perfect.

#2 Autumn Sonata
What a surprise, for me Bergman is hit and miss this one if by far my favorite. The honest relationship of a mother and daughter and the almost psychoanalysis of their life. The acting is among the best I've ever seen.

#3 Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring...
Just beautiful, it's a very calm, quiet movie. It's the kind of movie I just let the beauty go and enjoy this calm experience.

#4 Yojimbo
Just one of the best action films ever

#5 Singin in the Rain
Funny, good music, probably that best movie about the emergence of talkies

#6 Sansho
Great raw emotions, excellent movie

#7 Trouble in Paradise
#8 On the Waterfront
#9 Primal Fear
#10 Punch Drunk Love
#11 8 1/2
#12 Bigger Than Life
#13 Synecdoche NY
#14 Ed Wood

I can't really quantify my work in hours, but it's certainly far more that 10 hours a week, and more than studying.
When I was in college I didn't do anything, didn't work and studied to not fail. Good times.

Not being mean man, just saying that I have a conflicting opinion. Nothing to get mad about.
It's because there is nothing to have a conflicting opinion about. Raul said there wasn't a person who would have placed my nomination in first place among the ones nominated, I just showed there was indeed. There is no room for conflicting opinions in this case, or you would argue that the review I posted was written not by a person, a monkey perhaps?