Great films about homelessness

Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
My first thought is the nearly-silent South Korean film 3-Iron. The protagonist breaks into peoples' homes when they're on vacation, crashes their for a couple of days, then moves on to another house. It's not really about "life on the streets," and the guy is clearly homelesss by choice, but it's a phenominal film.

City by the Sea (2002)
Homeless in America (2004)
Stone Pillow (1985)
The Children of Times Square (1986)
Where the Day Takes You (1991)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey..

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Not sure if it is exactly homelessness per say, but Into the Wild (2007) could be considered. He abandons conventional life for life in the wild.

In the UK Cathy Come Home was a famous play by Ken Loach which you can get on dvd. I know it's not a film but it was very influential in it's time. It gave impetus to the setting up of Shelter one of the UK's leading charities for the homeless

Not sure if it is exactly homelessness per say, but Into the Wild (2007) could be considered. He abandons conventional life for life in the wild.
Yeah, I was wondering if Into the Wild qualified here too...I mean, Christopher chooses to live the life he does....it's not like he lost his job and couldn't pay his rent anymore.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thanks guys. Only ONE of those movies mentioned is here at the library, and it's an animation. I guess I prefer to see real humans, although I did love the animation film, "Persepolis" and have been told to get "Walking Life" which I have downloaded...

The Pursuit of Happiness is fantastic