A damn good tv show that got cancelled!

Tools    

A good place to bitch about a good show getting cancelled. Heres my inspiration for this thread...

I really hope someone picks it up as A&E just cancelled it after its 3rd season, and commands roughly three million seven hundred thousand viewers. A&Es stupid. Theyre wanting more reality show programming they themselves own like Duck Dynasty or whatever crap.

Anyone else watch Longmire?!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Lately, a lot of good TV Shows have been cancelled... Dracula and Crossbones were not bad at all, and Friends with Better Lives and Men at Work were funnier than most stuff being aired now...

"Dads" starring Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi is another good show that was cancelled too soon. It didn't do well in the ratings, but it was so funny.
Damn. Youd think the star power in that one wouldve carried it past 5 seasons alone. Seth Greene was extremely underrated being the straight-man in Austin Powers. If you think about it, Dr Evils son was the only normal acting human being in the 3 movies.

Ribisi can do anything. As good as anyone.

Pretty sure there are similar threads, but as I can't be bothered to find them, I'll post here and a mod can deal with it.

Just as it was about to go off... God knows where, it ended.

I loved this and it had one of the best series finales I can remember.

God I loved this. I was crushed when I found out, as I watched it, that episode 8 was the last episode. We just weren't used to this kind of thing in the UK. Programmes were given a chance.

This really was a wasted opportunity. This'd have to be on HBO or something now, but it was so dark for an American show. Even now this'd come across as pitch black. Loved it.

I've only seen this as broadcast, but I really enjoyed it back then. It managed to combine the reality show with a whodunnit murder/mystery game show. Great stuff and quite atmostpheric too, as I remember it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac...28TV_series%29
I can't find a short clip of Cardiac Arrest, but I thought that was great, too.

I remember this ending with "will be back next year" and I never saw it again. Was the second season ever aired in the States?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This wonderful show cancelled after only two series:

I don't know you, but I know I'm in love.

The first season is my favorite tv experience ever. Above Breaking Bad, True Detective, Sealab 2021, Justified...anything. The 2nd season, well...

To me it was so deep and textured, full of unique characters, excellent writing, costumes and set pieces and most of all...weird.

@ Tongo
They were talking on the radio about the demographic of Longmire. The average age was apparently so high, they couldn't attract advertisers. The belief being that people of a certain age generally don't try new things and are a hard sell.

It's true that, for the most part, the demographic is all. You can get pretty low ratings, low enought to kill most shows, but if they're mainly the highly sought after 18-45 year olds, you can still survive for a couple of seasons. Especially as they'll often factor in expected boxset sales.

Okay, I will cheat a bit here... This show wasn't neccessarily cancelled, but it did have a 3rd season planned (script and all) but was "cancelled" because of the director's late commitment to the series because of family, and lead characters dying making the script impossible to film and the show impossible to work even with re-writes.

I'm of course talking about Lars von Trier's "Riget (The Kingdom)"! After an amazing 1st season and a decent 2nd season the series was looking at an amazing trilogy once the third was released. And there were so many questions left unanswered. Can't believe we never get to see it. I wish I could just read the script since it does exist.

It's obvious isn't it? A damn fine show..

Fire walk with me.

Twin Peaks was great, but I'm not sure if it ended at about the right time. I'm currently rewatching it, first time since broadcast, so I might feel different afterwards.

Twin Peaks was great, but I'm not sure if it ended at about the right time. I'm currently rewatching it, first time since broadcast, so I might feel different afterwards.
I'm not sure I get your meaning

I just mean that I remember feeling, back then, that it was something which could/would quickly feel as if it was being weird for the sake of it. Twin Peaks was a little quirky and odd but, I felt, it worked and it didn't feel as if it was done just to be weird. However, towards the end it started to feel as if it didn't really have anywhere else to go. The story had been told and now we were just hanging out, so something had to happen. Another season and it'd start to lose the essense of Twin Peaks.

However, as I'm rewatching it, it's possible that I won't feel that this time around. Although, even in season 2, I'm already starting to get that same feeling again with Jean Renault. I've never much liked the stuff with Leo in his catatonic state, either.

I just mean that I remember feeling, back then, that it was something which could/would quickly feel as if it was being weird for the sake of it. Twin Peaks was a little quirky and odd but, I felt, it worked and it didn't feel as if it was done just to be weird. However, towards the end it started to feel as if it didn't really have anywhere else to go. The story had been told and now we were just hanging out, so something had to happen. Another season and it'd start to lose the essense of Twin Peaks.

However, as I'm rewatching it, it's possible that I won't feel that this time around. Although, even in season 2, I'm already starting to get that same feeling again with Jean Renault. I've never much liked the stuff with Leo in his catatonic state, either.
I wasn't a huge fan of some of the plotlines in season 2 either, but I loved the characters and the atmosphere of every episode that I was really sad when it was all over. Twin Peaks was such a mysterious place, I felt that there was still so much to discover there.

I'm gonna sound silly,but spectacular spiderman was an awesome animated show that captured all that spiderman was and is. But when Disney acquired Marvel, they canceled that show and made ultimate spiderman, a stupid childish show

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
There have been quite a number of shows in the last 2 or 3 years that have been cancelled I was really disappointed by - V, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, Almost Human, Alphas and Human Target. Oh and King & Maxwell which I was really enjoying.

There are also a number of shows which had a really good run but I wish had been allowed to go on even longer - Leverage, Chuck, Psych, Eureka, Angel, Quantum Leap etc.

Then there are some shows like FlashForward and The Event which I didn't absolutely love but I got caught up in their mysteries and desperately wanted some resolution and closure.

Here however are some of my really big regrets of shows that I feel were definitely cancelled too soon (the first is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes by the way) -

John Doe and Journeyman were particularly painful.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Dead Like Me was fantastic. I even like the movie.

I'm of a different opinion of Mac -n- Cheese. (Almost Human) The homo-eroticism between Mac-n-Cheese was cute (Cheese was forever scanning Mac's testicles. Wouldn't that give him cancer or low sperm count or something?) but other than that I thought it was a yawn fest.

I suspect a whole lot of what is coming to tv this fall is going to be canceled so I wouldn't get too attached to much of it. Gotham looks promising but other than that; blerg.

I'm still not sure what happened to Ben and Kate. I thought it was miles better than The New Girl. I'm never surprised when something gets canceled, but I was surprised that Ben and Kate did while The New Girl went on.