MoFo Fantasy Football 2014 - Week 3

Tools    

Everyones heard of Black Monday, but there were so many injuries in the NFL week 2 it should be called Black Sunday. Then theres the sick bit of business of wife beaters, and the greatest running back of our generation supposedly being a child abuser. This is a tough time being an NFL fan.

The Wolverines (1-1) vs The Milford Men (1-1)

Lisas Wolvies' AJ Green should be coming back this week, but her Jay Cutlers @NYJ. Vernon Davis aint playing as hes on crutches, and Trent Richardsons just worthless in general. Patricks Milford Men got Jamaal Charles replacement, and Lisa will most likely grab Fasano off waivers to go up against Milfords Antonio Gates. ouch! The Milford Men should win this.

Beantown Champs (1-1) vs Wyld Stallions (2-0)

Stallions Peyton @Sea will be a normalizing for Mr Manning, so I say QB advantage even with Champs Nick Foles. I could yarn on about this, but simply Peteys lineup has no holes. I think Beantown Champs got this.

Clockwork Angels (1-1) vs D's Death Squad (2-0)

Close. As. Hell. Im not really paying attention to projections or a teams record this early in the season. When these two lineups are put next to each other I see position advantages for both sides making up for thier disadvantages, evening them out. One glaring weakness that most likely wont be overcome is Angels big point earner Forte is @ NYJ. Theres no making up for that. Yeah.... Im just b.s.ing. Guessing D's Death Squad wins.

Legion Of Boom (0-2) vs Team Zissou (1-1)

I wont be surprised if Boom drops Toby Gerhart this season, and it will be because of games he cost like this weeks. Otherwise its pretty close. So Team Zissou should win.

Lord Of The Rings (1-1) vs Hired Goons (2-0)

Ha! Rings has Randall Cobb, and Goons have Jordy Nelson. Rings will have Lamar Miller going in place of Jamaal Charles, but Goons Eddie Lacy has been producing like Lamar Miller anyway. This matchups actually closer than the other one. Sheesh! Hm. Eenie, meanie, miney, mo, - Lord Of The Rings wins.

11 Angry Men (1-1) vs Mud Dogs (0-2)

Seans Dogs lost Adrian Peterson, Knowshon Moreno, and probably Jordan Reed & DeAngelo Williams too. Terrible blow Sean, just terrible. 11 Angry Men win.

Plastic Pads & Iron Men (1-1) vs The Hot Jamaales (0-2)

The PPIMs vs the Jamaales rematch from last years final. My PPIMs have Gronk, and his Jamaales have Graham. My montee has a tough Seattle matchup, as his Bernard Pierce is just not that good. The Hot J's have Tony Romo @ St Louis, and I have Kirk Cousins @ Philladelphia. Phillys defense is like paper machete. Im guessing my Plastic Pads & Iron Men will win this.

Let the night air cool you off
I'll go through our match-up position by position

QB: Tony Romo vs Kirk Cousins: This isn't a very easy decision to make because of unknowns. Romo doesn't look like his former self right now and it looks like the Cowboys are finally committed to running the ball (at least until DeMarco Murray gets his annual injury.) Cousins looked good in relief of RGIII, he didn't look great last year however. And he played the Jaguars last week, he is definitely facing a tougher opponent. Their defense isn't great, but I think they have a better chance of putting the clamps on Cousins than the inept Rams have of putting the clamps on Dallas' offense. Which means Romo should have redzone opportunities, which means back shoulder fades to Dez Bryant. I think I have the advantage here.

WR1: Vincent Jackson vs T.Y. Hilton: Hilton is not a bad play, but he have less opportunities if Indy gets up early and rely on (hopefully) Ahmad Bradshaw to chew clock. Vincent Jackson still hasn't scored this year, but he eventually has to right? Jackson's last two games against Atlanta have been monstrous (20 rec, 303 yards, 3 tds.) So I think I have the advantage here as well.

WR2: Mohamed Sanu vs Anquan Boldin: Every other week I'd say Boldin has the advantage here, but A.J. Green could be out, Eifert and Marvin Jones are out. Boldin will be an inconsistent play due to San Francisco style of play. Their offense relies on the run game and when they decide to throw it around you never know where it's going. So once again, irrationally, I have the advantage.

RB1: Le'Veon Bell vs Arian Foster: Bell has a tough match-up, but it's not like I can sit him. Arian Foster should run through the awful giants. Advantage: You.

RB2: Bernard Pierce vs Montee Ball: Advantage: duh. You.

TE: Jimmy Graham vs Rob Gronkowski: Jimmy Graham has the advantage over every tight end, every week. Advantage: Me.

Flex: Niles Paul vs Larry Donnell: Very interesting that we are both going with two tight ends this week. I think this match is a push. Donnell seems to be Eli's only reliable target and Cousins seems to love throwing to Paul. Advantage: Push.

Defense: Browns (vs Ravens) vs Redskins (vs Eagles): Defense are incredibly hard to predict, but if I try to use logic I think I have the advantage. Foles has looked like booboo this year, but that offense has way more weapons than the Ravens. Flacco is Yoda's favorite player to hate, so he can tell you about Flacco's struggles to live up to his massive contract. Advantage: Me? maybe? probably? who knows

Kicker: who cares, who knows? Justin Tucker is awesome and I love him though.

A system of cells interlinked
LT's team is in a shambles - I don't see how she can recover, really.

I'll go through our match-up position by position

QB: Tony Romo vs Kirk Cousins: This isn't a very easy decision to make because of unknowns. Romo doesn't look like his former self right now and it looks like the Cowboys are finally committed to running the ball (at least until DeMarco Murray gets his annual injury.) Cousins looked good in relief of RGIII, he didn't look great last year however. And he played the Jaguars last week, he is definitely facing a tougher opponent. Their defense isn't great, but I think they have a better chance of putting the clamps on Cousins than the inept Rams have of putting the clamps on Dallas' offense. Which means Romo should have redzone opportunities, which means back shoulder fades to Dez Bryant. I think I have the advantage here.
Gotta disagree with you on the QB matchup. St Louis Defense is alot more consistent than Tony Romo, and Phillies pass defense is laughable. Chicago lit them up on MNF, so I think Cousins has the edge.

I might be switching out some players by game day.

Kirk Cousins? The back-up? There has to be a better choice available than THAT guy. He just isn't in the same league as real starters... I hate Romo, but he is ten times the QB that Cousins will ever be, hence Cousins only starting when other people get hurt...

Let the night air cool you off
I agree that the Rams defense by itself is better than the Eagles defense by itself, but the Eagles have an offense that will be able to hold onto the ball. I know the Cowboys defense sucks, but the Rams inept offense probably won't be able to hold onto the ball for very long. Or at least that's my logic behind it.

Well, Stacy might chew up that Swiss cheese Cowboys defense. And Cunningham is no slouch. That said, The Rams don't really have any other weapons to stretch the defense at all, and might get stacked up all night. However, my opinions so far on what will happen in games has been worth JACK SQUAT, so there's that...

Decided to go Asiata over Donnell in my flex. I think McKinnon may be getting the starts within a few games though. From the experts there doesnt seem to be any good said about Matt Asiata.

Kirk Cousins? The back-up? There has to be a better choice available than THAT guy. He just isn't in the same league as real starters... I hate Romo, but he is ten times the QB that Cousins will ever be, hence Cousins only starting when other people get hurt...
Cousins came in and executed better than RG3 had so far this season. Its either Cousins @ Phi, their pass defense doesnt exist, or Andy Dalton vs Titans. Tennessee's truly tough.

Atlanta is doing whatever they want to the Buccaneers tonight. This isnt even competitive. 35-0 at the half. How bout them Bucs?!

...and he just caught his second TD, making his total for day (so far) at 32.60.

Falcons winning 42-0.

So how bout them Bucs?!

This really looks like the 1976 Buccaneers team. Just a clownish performance all around. Now Steven Jackson wills himself past 3 Bucs to make it 49-0.

56-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Atlantas defense has scored 34 fantasy points so far. (Nobody has them)

Oh screw Asiata! With Vernon Davis 99% chance of being out, Im going Anquan Boldin in my Flex. So there. Yeah.