Taxi Driver Sequel by Robert DeNiro

Tools    

Closest we came to another Taxi Driver movie was a Lars Von Trier remake, and that never happened. That being said, we do not need a sequel.
Where did you hear that Gunslinger? I like what i've seen from Von Trier so far, but words can't express how happy i am that it never happened.

Where did you hear that Gunslinger? I like what i've seen from Von Trier so far, but words can't express how happy i am that it never happened.
Oh this was a rumor years ago. I think mid 2000's. He said he wanted to remake the movie. Thankfully he never did.

Paul WS Anderson to direct... Justin Bieber in the lead role.

That'd be magic.
I think the near universal hatred of those two people would cause a literal meltdown of the internet if they ever teamed up.

Kanye West could be the lead tbh. He could get all angry about people in wheelchairs who don't stand up when he's on stage.

Oh this was a rumor years ago. I think mid 2000's. He said he wanted to remake the movie. Thankfully he never did.
]

Thankfully: Antichrist, Nymphomaniac, etc, had this maniac occupied. I like Von Trier but i'd be quick to contribute to a "distract Lars campaign" as long as his memory of Taxi Driver was wiped .

]

Thankfully: Antichrist, Nymphomaniac, etc, had this maniac occupied. I like Von Trier but i'd be quick to contribute to a "distract Lars campaign" as long as his memory of Taxi Driver was wiped .
Indeed. People need to leave masterpieces alone.

I love Taxi Driver and the idea of a sequel might have been a viable one within a decade of the first film, but it has been almost 40 years since the release of the film and I think re-visiting the character of Travis Bickle after all this time is rather an odd idea. I will say if it is done, I wouldn't want anyone but Scorsese in the director's chair.

''You're a big man but you're out of shape!''
Maybe he becomes the senator for NY and gets round to washing the scum off the streets?

I can't see this film happening. As a previous poster said, DeNiro is way too comfortable pulling faces in safe movies these days to get onboard. And Scorsese I guess wouldn't want to go there.

Hang on.......Son of Bickle directed by Michael Bay? Bickle jr is tooled up and ready to finish what pops didn't!
Mmmm that'll have a few studio execs listening.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think most pictures offered to DeNiro have been bad. I wish he'd have better judgement, but in 76' almost any movie a lead actor got would be a pretty good movie.

I'm the kind of person who wants a sequel, even though I might not like it, or that I usually criticize remakes.

I'd much prefer a remake to take place with either Christian Bale or Ryan Gosling as the lead. That or no dice.
Gosling would look like a clumsy acting student, but Bale would be the one guy that could pull it off. He was practically doing a DeNiro impersonation anyway in American Hustle, but its his ability to get across what he wants with as little expression as possible. Honestly, Bale could be the DeNiro of our generation.

Derek probably already said this but, Edward Norton could be a good Travis Bickle
Fire walk with me.