The MoFo Map

Tools    

Aluminium. Hilarious.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Rodent deleted that great "Young Guns" marking. I don't know who did it, but Lincoln County, New Mexico, the setting of "Young Guns", was marked earlier.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm added. I would doubt I'll meet a mofo but you never know. I still think it would be interesting to skype or call some mofos though.

I'm added. I would doubt I'll meet a mofo but you never know. I still think it would be interesting to skype or call some mofos though.
If I become a cultural anthropologist, I'll come study all you strange creatures.

Now that's an idea. Let's get a skype group together. Kind of like for the podcasts, but we just talk whatever.
You know you can get a group of people and watch a film together on skype... its some type of option they offer....

Oh by the way... totally shameless plug... I'm hoping for a MoFie nomination for this one, guys

Way ahead of you there, Rodent. It's already on my list.

Brummy is Birmingham.

To be a Brummy, you have to come from Birmingham. To have a Brummy accent, means you have that localised accent.

It's very down sounding, miserable sounding almost. Not trying to sound like I'm taking the p*ss, it's genuinely how it sounds.

They add syllables to words too.

Gold is pronounced "Gahwuld"
Soap is pronounced "Sahwup"

Things like that.

To give an idea of the diversity of British accents:
Wolverhampton, which is in the same area as Brum, have completely different mannerisms to the accent. Same sound almost... but Wolverhampton's people are often referred to as Yam-Yams. Yam-Yams hate being called Yam-Yams though.
They say things like "'Ow am ya?" which means "How are you?"

Oh by the way... totally shameless plug... I'm hoping for a MoFie nomination for this one, guys
You shouldn't have removed that funny "Young Guns" marking that someone made up.

Don't see your ballot HG. Must be a PMed one.
I haven't posted it yet. I'm being radical and working it out on...wait for it...paper!

I know, I know...trendsetter!

Brummys use the term Brummys for themselves though. They love the term.

They even refer to Birmingham as Brum.

"Where are you from?"
"Brum"

The U in Brum is an "Oo" sound. Not like Broom, almost like Brawm. Don't accentuate the "aw", shorten it. Brawm.

The swear word F**k... fook. That kind of sounding U. Brum. Brawm.