Why do you hate/love rap music?

Tools    

I hate metal because it's all screaming and my ears don't like to be assaulted by indecipherable noise.
you generalized.... I actually very like Metal and you have many genre or category of metal ... you have Power Metal , Death Metal , Hardcore Metal ,etc.

This Band is a Power/Metal group with two of the best guitarist ever Herman Lee is simply a beast

you generalized.... I actually very like Metal and you have many genre or category of metal ... you have Power Metal , Death Metal , Hardcore Metal ,etc.

This Band is a Power/Metal group with two of the best guitarist ever Herman Lee is simply a beast
another one of my favorite genres of metal ... "Medieval Metal"!!!!!!!!!

Of course I would most respectfully decline Miss Vicky's challenge to "enlighten" her. Firstly, I was responding to Guapo's generalisation and obviously I have respect for all types of music - metal and hip hop. Instead of shutting oneself from particular styles of music, and failing to give any credible evidence to support one's claim, at least try to be more consistent in your reasoning instead of saying that "sex and violence" are the valid reasons for disliking hip-hop (which I have discredited by stating that hip-hop is not all about sex and violence) but can be used as an excuse for cinema. Secondly, don't use your naïvety or apathy towards social issues to justify their lack of relevance. Just because it isn't important to you does not mean it isn't to others. Give me a break.

Just because it isn't important to you does not mean it isn't to others. Give me a break.
I never said it wasn't important to others, I said that's not a reason for me to like it. I'm also asking you to explain how those issues are "just as relevant to [my] life as [my] personal desires." If you can't explain that statement, fine, but don't think it holds any weight without an explanation.

I like rap a lot, but not for cultural/lyrical reasons. I really love hearing the voice as a instrument in rap. Their is some really great syncopation and rhythms that rappers can do. The actual words are like different kind of percussion sounds to me. I like The Roots as mentioned as well as Outlawz.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Saying Rap is all about sex and violence is ignorant...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like rap a lot, but not for cultural/lyrical reasons. I really love hearing the voice as a instrument in rap. Their is some really great syncopation and rhythms that rappers can do. The actual words are like different kind of percussion sounds to me. I like The Roots as mentioned as well as Outlawz.
I've been listening to The Roots a lot lately. Fantastic stuff.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, I love rap, specially the one who is still untouched by media or big record companies!

Ah, and I love metal aswell, specially heavy metal (that has nothing to do with "indecipherable noise", btw).

I study opera singing, btw, so one thing does not forbid the other!

Rap is talking nonsense over an electronic rhythm in the same way that metal is screaming nonsense over blastbeats.
Not quite. It's the same as saying that metal is riff driven music with a guy screaming nonsense and blast beats. Metal is not vocal driven, it's mostly instrumental driven. Rap is mostly vocal driven, like other popular music. They are completely different approaches to music.

Of course I would most respectfully decline Miss Vicky's challenge to "enlighten" her. Firstly, I was responding to Guapo's generalisation
Generalization? I have been listening to rap for 20 years. If you want to give a more precise definition give it. My definition of "dude talking fast over electronic rhythm" fits all cases of music considered rap that I have listened though I have not listened to much, I guess only about one thousand different rap song.

I dislike the genre, never liked a single rap song among the many hundreds I listened.

and obviously I have respect for all types of music - metal and hip hop.
True I sounded a bit close minded. I tolerate all genres of music but I am not interested by most of them though.

Instead of shutting oneself from particular styles of music
I am not shutting myself. I just dislike the genre. One has a finite number of years in life, hence, you do not have the time to actually listen to everything, specially because more hours of music are being composed/recorded today in the world than the number of hours in a day. Hence I allocate my music listening time to the genres that I like, I dislike the characteristics of music considered to be inside the rap subgenre of hip hop music.

and failing to give any credible evidence to support one's claim, at least try to be more consistent in your reasoning instead of saying that "sex and violence" are the valid reasons for disliking hip-hop (which I have discredited by stating that hip-hop is not all about sex and violence) but can be used as an excuse for cinema.
Agreed on that part.

Let the night air cool you off
You do realize that when they would release rap singles the B-sides often times were the instrumentals of the A-side, right?

More instrumentals are released than a capella raps are released. Not that any of that matters or proves the importance of either.

Some rock bands use rapping style in their songs.... Linkin Park is one band

even alternative pop got into the act

but during the 80s we had.....

now this type of Rap I dont mind....

Rage Against the Machine is the first that comes to mind when it comes to rock-rap for me.
well "Walk this Way" by Aerosmith with Run-DMC was the first cross over