The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
that's very good news N3wt Hope the meeting on Friday went well
Ive only just seen this, Thankyou Christine it went brilliantly and we really hope we can get him into this school as it was like a breath of fresh air going there and speaking to people who actually care for your child not just their attendance.

Ive only just seen this, Thankyou Christine it went brilliantly and we really hope we can get him into this school as it was like a breath of fresh air going there and speaking to people who actually care for your child not just their attendance.
That's brilliant n3wt! It'll make all the difference having teachers who are experienced and possess the skills to help children like your son. I suppose you can't expect all teachers to have the training, but some teachers don't even seem to possess the empathy either

I'll never forget my first day as a teaching support assistant for an 11 year old lad with Aspergers in the first week of senior school for him. We were in a science lesson and the teacher was writing notes on the board that the kids were supposed to be copying into their books. My lad was getting agitated cos she was rolling up the board before he had a chance to finish. I asked her not to go so fast but it was too late and he started wailing and banging his head on the desk. While I'm trying to calm him, you know what she does ? Goes and hides in the science stock cupboard crying , leaving me with the whole class on my first day! FFS! Stupid woman.

All the best to you and your little lad n3wt, I'm sure he'll be fine with caring parents like you. Keep us up to date

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Keep us informed Monkeypunch. Try to keep in touch with her while giving her some space and time.

I suffer from anxiety (or GAD). It's usually not terrible, I can talk myself down from it or use sensations to pull myself out of a panicky state (music, showers, even picking up ice cubes to feel the cold usually helps). Lately it's been...really hard to control.
Sorry to hear that you have been a hard time with your anxiety, it can be terrible

Yesterday I had a huge freak out and it caused an argument between me and my girlfriend. I knew it was my fault, and I apologized, but things are now kind of awkward. She's always known I have anxiety, but she's never seen me have an attack in the three years we've been dating til now.
If she has only seen this once that is a good thing as she knows that this isn't you normally
How long do I need to feel like crap before she'll forgive and forget and we can go back to our normal happy selves?
She will let you know how long and that depend on what happened when you freaked out, what was said in the fight because sometimes words can hurt more than we think Good luck Monkeyboy luv ya mate

Hang in there, MP. As nebs said, sometimes words hurt a lot more than we think. It has only been a day and it was the first time she saw you like that. It's probably been quite a shock for her.

Best of luck with it, MP.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Engage in something that would stop you thinking about the whole situation, like watching movies, or anything time- and mind-consuming. Wait a couple of days. Make something for her. Like romantic dinner or invite her somewhere. Don't forget to have a kinky time after you're reconciled.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
If you've been a good boyfriend up until now this won't be a deal breaker.

When we mess up all we can do is sincerely apologize and work on our behavior so that we don't keep making the same mistakes. Then it's up to them. Make sure an apology never contains the word but or includes excuses. Also make sure that if she needs to talk about it listen without getting defensive. Trust me on that one. More than a romantic dinner or a fancy present us women want you to listen to us when we tell you how you hurt us.

Do give her time. If you haven't sat down and told her how it is to live GAD and what it is, do so. It's possible that she feels alienated from that part of you. I know you says she knows you have anxiety, but have you really brought her in to what that means for you?

I think, like Nebbit said, space is the best thing to give at this moment. It's hard to cool down if we can't get away from the thing that upset us. (I don't mean you, but rather being reminded of the argument. )

Just a bit if advice on the romantic dinner and things of that nature; it's not a bad idea but people need to be very careful in relationships that they don't only do those things at the end of an argument. You don't want someone associating every good thing you do with every bad thing you do.

That last bit is a great piece of advice, Godoggo. When I've bought flowers or chocolate or something like that, about a third of the time the person, usually a woman, has made a comment along the lines of "what have you done?" or "Oh,in trouble are you?" I always say that I never do these things out of guilt. That way, she knows I always mean it and was just being thoughtful/romantic.

I had problems anxiety and depression during alcohol withdrawal. I couldn't sit still for more than five seconds; I was bouncing off the walls. The doctor put me on a high dose of Diazepam - only problem is, mixing benzos with drink is a bad idea.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That last bit is a great piece of advice, Godoggo. When I've bought flowers or chocolate or something like that, about a third of the time the person, usually a woman, has made a comment along the lines of "what have you done?" or "Oh,in trouble are you?" I always say that I never do these things out of guilt. That way, she knows I always mean it and was just being thoughtful/romantic.
Yeah, I felt it was important to throw that out there because I hear guys give other guys that advice all the time. It's not a bad sentiment to do something nice for someone if you've upset them, but if the only time one gets flowers, nice meal, back rub etc, it can do a lot more harm than good. I can't tell you how many countless talks I've had where the exact words " the only time he does something nice for me is when I an mad at him" have been said. It can also become a source of frustration because the person may still feel angry or that they are not being heard and that a meal has taken the place of real communication
A sincere apology and really listening are way more important.

I love the small little "just because" gifts. My boyfriend does that for me a lot. (Of course we are really new ) and you're right about them having more value when there isn't any negative association behind them. It's amazing what little things can do.

Yeah, I felt it was important to throw that out there because I hear guys give other guys that advice all the time. It's not a bad sentiment to do something nice for someone if you've upset them, but if the only time one gets flowers, nice meal, back rub etc, it can do a lot more harm than good. I can't tell you how many countless talks I've had where the exact words " the only time he does something nice for me is when I an mad at him" have been said. It can also become a source of frustration because the person may still feel angry or that they are not being heard and that a meal has taken the place of real communication
A sincere apology and really listening are way more important.

I love the small little "just because" gifts. My boyfriend does that for me a lot. (Of course we are really new ) and you're right about them having more value when there isn't any negative association behind them. It's amazing what little things can do.
Are you free this weekend?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It doesn't really matter anymore, I think it's over. All signs point to that. I don't even blame her. I'm no picnic.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

*GASP* I read what MP wrote the wrong way. (why do I keep doing this?) I thought he meant the fight was over. Not the whole relationship. *GASP* I can't believe that. Monkeypunch, I don't know what you really did, but someone ditching somebody after three years because you had a mental freakout .... well .... I hope you guys patch things up. That's a really sh!tty thing to do, I feel.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If you type "monkey punch" into Google Image you get some anime titties.

Monkeypunch, hope things are easing now between you and your girlfriend . It could be a good thing in the long run that she's seen you having to cope with a full blown attack. If you're to stay together she'll have to understand and be able to handle the situation . I

It was probably a shock for her too to see you like that, the helplessness you feel seeing someone you love going through that is immense . Your girlfriend is probably trying to come to terms with seeing you like that and it may take a while for her to think things through.

Sounds like you yourself are coping well using strategies tho, good work.
Thinking about you and sending you best wishes x

It doesn't really matter anymore, I think it's over. All signs point to that. I don't even blame her. I'm no picnic.
Oh dear I obviously wasn't reading the up to date posts. I'm sorry to hear that MP. You must be hurting a lot . Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have our personality traits that a partner has to cope with , it's just finding compatibility somewhere down the line . Chin up xxx

I'm not old, you're just 12.
we're going to "talk" on Tuesday, and I'm sick thinking about it. Meanwhile I'm supposed to NOT have any contact with my best friend in the entire world, I'm not allowed to tell her about my day or share a stupid joke with her...it's hell.