The MoFo Top 100 Television Series of All-Time

Tools    

Exterminate all rational thought.
I'm getting there. I have a rough order of the top 15-20. I'm having a bit of trouble picking 21-25 as there are so many I want on the list, but I just don't really think are worthy of an all time tv list.

My brother is making me watch Prison Break. About 15/16 episodes in to the first season. It's a good, thrilling show, but my god do they drag it out

This is the problem with almost all 25 episode season shows once you get used to the 12-13 episode format. Cable shows are so much tighter.

Let the night air cool you off
I haven't received a list in a while, I hope that means you guys are saving them until the final minute.

For Your Consideration:

On the Air

It's David Lynch's take on the sitcom. It's as crazy as you might expect, maybe even crazier. Sadly the world wasn't ready for this madness and only three episodes aired. Seven were produced though, and they are all on youtube.

That's a bizarre comparison.

It might not technically be the "best," but House is my ultimate comfort TV. If I just want to relax and be entertained by something familiar, that's the show I throw on.

I hope some of you lovely people are voting for House. I love that show unconditionally.
Well I won't say whether or not I ultimately voted for it, but Hugh Laurie is a Blackadder alum so of course it was in consideration for my list.

I'll probably vote for Full House, but not House.

I don't mind House, but I haven't seen much of it.

My brother is making me watch Prison Break. About 15/16 episodes in to the first season. It's a good, thrilling show, but my god do they drag it out
Good for your brother, I ****ing loved that show

A system of cells interlinked
****, I missed this thread...I will try to get a list together in time if possible...

Let the night air cool you off
I do not expect many of my selections to show up here. I mostly voted so I could get big numbers for some of my favorite shows and add some others too. I was not a HUGE TV show consumer. My show tastes are limited.
I won't say which ones, but if the list was put up today you would have ten of your selections in the top 100...with that being said, the list is going to be in for a huge change because of how close everything is.

The same rules for the movie lists are what we are using here:
  • Submit your ranked list of twenty-five titles, numbered 1-25 with no ties, to me via a private message with the title "[Your Username] - MoFo ‘TV List".
  • Series will be awarded points as follows: 25 points for 1st place, 24 points for 2nd place, 23 for 3rd and so on, all the way down to one point for your 25th placed series.
  • New members can send in a list as soon as they've been a member here for one month. This measure is taken so that the list isn't jerry-rigged by people who have been here for a week, and then disappear.
  • I am using IMDb for reference points, so anything listed as a TV series or miniseries is eligible
  • Make sure you are specific about which series you are voting for. For example: Specify between American or British Office. Each of the Blackadder series are listed separately so make sure to use the number. Dr. Who has two IMDb entries, so specify whether it's the older one or the newer one. If you have the titled with the year the show started it would be helpful.
  • Anyone who reveals their list before the countdown has ended will be disqualified.
  • The deadline for entries is September 30, 2014. That's two months after the 70s countdown. Plenty of time to review favorites, discover new ones, and order a list.
  • You have plenty of time to consider and submit your list, so no changing it once you've submitted it to me.

I will add some graphics if somebody wants to help me out here.

**** Even though it's not listed as a miniseries on IMDb, I am considering Fanny & Alexander eligible for this list since it was conceived as a television series. ****
Do you submit your list here or somewhere else, like with top 25 films of the 70's where you had to submit to Holden personally?

Good for your brother, I ****ing loved that show
Two episodes left in the first season now, loads of twists and turns already and my brother says there are many more. But yeh, very good stuff

I was done with Prison Break during episode 6, I think it was. Eye rollingly preposterous. I dont' even remember what it was now, but I remember thinking, "No. I'm not bothering with this anymore." Prison Break and Lost. I bailed out of both of them fairly early in the first season because they both felt like writing exercises.

It is contrived and largely implausible, but it's a lot of fun and very effective at what is does. I've enjoyed it a lot. Then again, I love Lost too

And yeah, just finished the first season and watched the first episode of the next, the new environment for this season should be interesting, I think my brother said it's his favourite.

Have you seen The Ringer? Now, I reallly liked that. It had more plot twists in an episode than most of these things do in a season. Only lasted a season, but the real shame was that they tried to extend it. They should've written it as a one-off season.

Speaking of which, while I can't be bothered to trawl through the whole thread to see if it's been mentioned, for those who've not seen it and/or are unaware of it, may I bring Harper's Island to you attention. Great series.