Camos Top 50

→ in
Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Nice set there. Monsters Inc. is from the time when Pixar was still batting 1.000

Se7en is what everybody else is saying it is. I just got the special edition dvd yesterday, so I will probably watch it again soon.

Two great picks, Camo. Both on my own 100 and, like you, Monster's Inc is my favourite Pixar by a huge margin.

More please.

46.12 Angry Men (1957)
Directed by Sidney Lumet

12 Angry Men
is about 12 members of a jury trying to decide beyond reasonable doubt, if a young man is guilty of his fathers murder. For a film set in the one room about 12 men talking this film is unbelievably tense and gripping. No doubt Fonda get's most of the praise for his role, but i think Lee.J.Cobb steals the show as the Angry, Stubborn; polar-opposite of Fondas character. Actually there's not a bad character in this, all 12 are involved and have their individual scenes and each one is unique in their own way. Like, the timid banker or the guy who just wants to get to the ball game or the hilarious advertiser. Excellent movie with stunning performances, an excellent premise and great directing by Sidney Lumet.

Quote:Juror#3:You're talkin' about a matter of *seconds!* Nobody can be *that* accurate! Juror#8:Well, I think testimony that can put a boy into the electric chair *should* be that accurate.

45.Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
Directed by Wes Anderson

Fantastic Mr Fox, was my favourite book as a child so i assumed i must love this. I must admit though i was quite paranoid about Wes Anderson directing, while some of his movies i love (Rushmore,Bottle Rocket), some not so much (The Life Aquatic,The Darjeeling Limited. I do have to say he did a fantastic job, and this is now my favourite of his. Some of the modern additions could've killed this for me, but they actually worked incredibly. Add to that a fantastic soundrack, great voice performances and Animation that i thought i wouldn't like from the poster but eventually did. And this is among my favourites of the 21st Century so far.

Quote:Mrs.Fox: Why did you lie to me? Mr.Fox:Because I'm a wild animal.

12 Angry Men is a classic for all the right reasons. Great piece of drama.

Like you, Fantastic Mr. Fox was my favourite book as a child and I was happy to hear there was an animated version happening. Then I saw who was directing it. Sigh. Nevermind, it's Fantastic Mr Fox, he can't mess it up. Then I saw the animation. Maybe, one day, I'll give it a go just because it is Fantastic Mr. Fox, but it looks horrible.

Unregistered User
12 Angry Men is a personal favourite of mine, i find it impossible to look away while its on. Not the biggest fan of Mr Fox but its definately watchable.

12 Angry Men is a classic for all the right reasons. Great piece of drama.

Like you, Fantastic Mr. Fox was my favourite book as a child and I was happy to hear there was an animated version happening. Then I saw who was directing it. Sigh. Nevermind, it's Fantastic Mr Fox, he can't mess it up. Then I saw the animation. Maybe, one day, I'll give it a go just because it is Fantastic Mr. Fox, but it looks horrible.
Try it HK. I wasn't looking forward to the animation after seeing the pictures, but i think it goes incredibly well with the realistic (as a film about talking foxes can be ) atmosphere he tried to create.

Two fantastic choices. 12 Angry Men was in my 100 . In my next 100 I am going to have a hard time not including Anderson's entire filmography.

Despite my love of animation, I did not like Fantastic Mr. Fox.
I haven't seen 12 Angry Men and I know I should fix that, but I've never been interested in it. Seeing that it's Lumet, though, there may be some hope.

Both great movies. Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of my favorite animated movies of all-time. Let me just put it this way - stop-motion is one of my favorite things EVER and Fantastic Mr. Fox may be my favorite stop-motion film.

Let the night air cool you off
I still haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox for some reason. 12 Angry Men I have seen, but it's been awhile. I remember liking it a lot though. Good choice.

Fantastic Mr Fox is not only also my favorite Wes Anderson, but also my favorite book when I was a kid!

Finished here. It's been fun.
12 Angry Men is one of the most perfect films ever. Bar None.

Try it HK. I wasn't looking forward to the animation after seeing the pictures, but i think it goes incredibly well with the realistic (as a film about talking foxes can be ) atmosphere he tried to create.
It's not the animation so much as it is the horrible, scratchy looking puppets. Ugly things.

44.The Shining (1980)
Directed by Stanley Kubrick

Well this had to show up somewhere, sorry HK . As a kid i never thought this was scary overall save for a few infamous scenes, to be honest i still don't but i highly respect the tense and creepy atmosphere Kubrick has clearly worked so hard to build. I remember watching a 100 scariest movies countdown on TV here, The Shining topped it and was aired straight after it. Ever since it's been a favourite. Nicholson is amazing as struggling writer and new caretaker of the Overlook Hotel; Jack Torrance. I know alot of people are indifferent to Shelley Duvall here (or in general) but i thought she did a very good job as his terrified wife Wendy Torrance. As already mentioned the tense atmosphere and creepy build up as well as the performances are what makes this movie great to me.

Quote:Jack:Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in. [axes the door]

43.The Godfather Part 2 (1974)
Directed by Francis Ford C
oppola

This continuation sees Michael begin to try to fulfill his promises to Kay of legitimizing the business he inherited from his father, by venturing into both Nevada and Cuba. There's also a sidestory of how his father became Don starting from when he was a young child in Sicily. So much new stories and characters are added to this that it easily could've turned out as one big mess. As well as Michael, Kay, Fredo and Tom we have the young Vito,Tessio,Clemenza and Mama Corleone. Some great new characters are added like the old Jewish gangster Hyman Roth. As well as the eccentric and slightly crazy Frank Pentangelli played by the wonderful Michael V. Gazzo. This is possibly my favourite sequel of all time; i still prefer the first but can see why people enjoy this more.

Quote:Michael: I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies.

The Shining is a masterpiece

I haven't seen Godfather part 2 yet but I must fix that real soon.

TGTBATU, 12 Angry Men, The Shining and Se7en are all among my top 100 great choices.

The Shining will always be high on my favorites list.

I've only seen The Godfather II one time, and I respected it as great filmmaking, but I didn't love it. That could change with further viewings like it did with part I.

I was completely bored with the first Godfather, so I never bothered with the second. The Shining I haven't seen and am doubtful that I'll like it. On the one hand, I like Jack Nicholson. On the other, I hate Stanley Kubrick.