Donnie Darko
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	donnie-darko-719479l.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	16437  

Nymphomaniac

My mother wants to see it. We will probably watch only Volume One, because 4h is too much for her.
I didn't know kinkiness was genetic

That sounds even worse than when I got trapped watching Belle De Jour with my mom, Bunuel was a radical for his time, but Von Trier can make Bunuels film look like a Sesame Street production. But then again even Sesame Street admiration of Katy Perrys cleavage raised controversy amongst the breastfeeding stay at home mom population.

havent seen Nymphomaniac yet

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
That if you don't understand or feel something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense or isn't deep. I hate Fellini, but I don't deny his films might have a meaning, sense and transcendental power I'm just unable to comprehend (maybe I would if not for them being so annoying I can't focus on anything else). The thing is when I can't get into a movie I usually think of it as my fault, not director's fault. I admit I put directors on pedestal, but that's the way I see it.

I'm also interested in your views on entertaining cinema. Doesn't it bother you it's not deep (some are, but focus on these you like, but consider shallow stuff to chill out to). I guess you just take it as "the movie was made for entertainment, therefore I don't demand any deep meaning from it and just sit and enjoy it". Yet you can't say the same about art cinema. Amirite?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
All I can say right now is that apparently you don't understand me or "entertaining" movies either since you/ve categorized my thoughts about them and "deep" movies falsely.

Finished up the movie club for tonight and contemplating putting these two movies on, which are some of my favorites of all-time:

Blue Velvet (1986) by David Lynch

I cant get enough of the Lynch atmosphere!

Charulata (1964) by Satyajit Ray

Charulata was one of the biggest cinematic experiences i had last year. It is a really well-told melodrama, so im looking forward to rewatching it. I really hope that people will consider it for the 60's list. I know its going to be way up high on the list for me.

I've been debating whether to watch this for a long time and I thought "screw it" so now I'm finally watching it.

Fire walk with me.

High and Low (1963)

This is going to be my third Akira Kurosawa film experience! It looks like this could become a very strong contender for my future '60s list. Let's hope my expectations are met!

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Aviator
I'm a huge Scorsese fan and i've seen almost all of his films, yet this one has always eluded me for some reason.

2nd viewing

very much liked Omar Sharif, Alec Guinness, as well as Peter O'Toole, the 1st time around

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
(David Lean, 1962)