3rd Mofo Movie Hall Of Fame Nominations

Tools    

I thought it was a tad overdone in regards to the dad, but not so much that it really detracted from how I felt about the film.

I've seen alcoholism at work and it does make for melodrama and overreaction, so I didn't find it all that unreal. It's amazing to me what some people have as their "normal" and I unfortunately didn't see it as being all that unrealistic under the right circumstance. Especially the part where the two women are talking after one was been beat. It infuriated me because I could see that happening. It may have been a particularly bad beating for the women to be so cavalier about it, but I still believed the scene.
During the film, the tone was quite OK for me. That beating scene was very effective and the "shock" in the third act also worked really well with me.
The melodramatic stuff I had more problems with, was mainly at the end after the climax. There was some really cheesy and over the top stuff after that, in my opinion.

What part didn't you get? It's not that an ambiguous film...
When things started going bad for him I didn't get it. I loved the beggining a man that just loves to swim and go through his neighbors pool to go back top his house is a great premice, but as the film progress we see that this man probably suffers from a memory loss and the ending just didn't do it for me. I would prefer that he stay like he was at the beggining and that we see as he passes through the houses how the adults have lost their sparkle in life, that's how I felt in the beggining, but it couldn't keep on

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Do you mean her warriors speech? Iiked that. I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. Did you think her inviting the kid to live with them and them going into the house as a family too much or an unrealistic happy ending?

To me it just showed her getting a part of herself back and that they all were beginning the healing process.

Some like it Hot and House deserved better.

I guess i ned to watch The 400 Blows now.

Given that 400 Blows was Pussy's nomination, I was figuring on that one, but if Cob and Inmate had hated it and loved The Straight Story we'd have a different winner.
Had I known those were the two you were waiting on I could've saved you the trouble.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm really glad that The Wind WIll Carry Us made the top 5! While I know a number of people didn't care for it at all, a number of others loved it, which makes me feel better about nominating it
Now watch, I love Trouble in Paradise and it won't do as well. .

There is still a lot of people who haven't posted their lists . I probably post the rest of them tomorrow.

Pussy, don't forget your write-up. You don't need to rush too much, but I'd like to have it in 2 to 3 weeks.

If anyone (you needn't have been a part of this) would like to do an art piece. (Photoshop or otherwise) I'm really hoping to get something for every inductee. I know there are a lot of artsy type people here. I don't photoshop or I'd do something. My drawing and painting is just not at a level where I think it's good enough. I may try something in the future though.

Also we still need something made for Psycho. (That should be an easy one.)

To those who said that Truffaut made some better stuff which of his film is better?
I watched Bed & Board the other day which was the fourth Doinel film I believe. I loved it but chances are it just matched my tastes perfectly.

I would imagine most would prefer The 400 Blows - it's an excellent film

Rodent came up with a nice little Psycho piece. Here it is in case your too lazy to go into that thread.

I love the way the white of the eye stands out so much. I am very pleased. Now I just need someone to do something for 400 Blows.