Please name this episode. Very nostalgic

Tools    

Okay guys, I've got a hard one for you.

About 5 years ago I watched this VCR. It was something to do with space but thought it was "Thunderbirds" but I was wrong.

I was watching this episode where these guys were trapped on a spaceship and these rescue guys came in to cut the reactor out because it was failing. Then they tossed it into deep space where it was exploding.

Please help me as I have googled all over for this episode!
I hope I've given enough information.

Thanks!

Checked the Wikipedia article on episode lists for those series, found nothing that matches my memory. Thanks anyway!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
About 5 years ago I watched this VCR
This sentence confuses me, is this a 5 year old show, or was this a old old show you watched on a VHS 5 years ago with your VCR, I do not mean to sound like a jerk but it would really help narrow down the search. Also is this a cartoon, your never really say in your question but I am assuming that it is.

Yep, sorry. It was a VHS disk I watched about 5 years ago.

Hm.... This looks promising!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Okay guys, I've got a hard one for you.

About 5 years ago I watched this VCR. It was something to do with space but thought it was "Thunderbirds" but I was wrong.

I was watching this episode where these guys were trapped on a spaceship and these rescue guys came in to cut the reactor out because it was failing. Then they tossed it into deep space where it was exploding.

Please help me as I have googled all over for this episode!
I hope I've given enough information.

Thanks!

You don't give a lot of information, but if this is something with actors, (as opposed to cartoon or puppets), there was an episode of the original "Star Trek" series called "The Changeling" with a computerized being called Nomad. When Nomad finds out that it is flawed, it must destroy itself. It does this by causing itself to overload and explode. Spock and Kirk beam it off the ship just before it explodes in space.

Nope, it was definately not a computerized being. It was a space ship, and I'm pretty sure the ship's power core (or reactor, or whatever) is on overload on meltdown, so we see some people in space suits cut into the ship and cut the reactor out. Then they somehow throw it into deep space where it somehow explodes.

Bumppppppppppp.

Thunderbirds link ? Gerry Anderson ? Try "Space : 1999"

Oh my god.. Becky37, thank you, thank you. I've been searching for this for years.