Rate that Movie: Spaceballs

Tools    

SPACEBALLS
(Mel Brooks, 1987)

MoFo Rating: 5.8
(19 votes)

7/10

The Alien scene is one of my all time favorite parody moments in film and apart from that, there's a lot of other stuff I like about it, but there are also certain things that don't work that well for me, hence this rating.

It's been awhile since I saw it....

I mainly just remember Joan Rivers as a robot.

How long since I have seen Spaceballs? Long enough that "I see your schwartz is as big as my schwartz" was a funny line. It has to be twenty years, I kind of don't want to ruin that.

Must be doin sumthin right
3/10

Sort of offends me to think about Mel Brooks sitting around these days probably securely feeling he's cemented as this legendary, influential icon after having been told that for the past fifty years.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

Enjoyed it a lot as a kid, but much of the comedy falls flat to me now.
Me too, which is why I always watch it when my inner child is feeling depressed.

Four out of ten. So much potential, so very wasted.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Not a big fan of this one - one of Brooks' worst films.