The MoFo Top 100 Television Series of All-Time

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have not seen most of these long-running shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire or Lost, and don't really have time to catch up with them before compiling my list. I'll probably be sticking with British comedy shows that only have 12 episodes and not holding my breath to see if they make the countdown.

I will say that movie fans (especially fans of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) could do worse than give Spaced a watch.

I will have plenty of fluff. There are four or five sitcoms that I absolutely love. Maybe a MNF entry, I don't know that I will have room.
15/25 of my nominations are sitcoms or cartoons and one of the remaining ten is a "reality" show. So I guess my list is pretty fluffly.

Personally I think there should perhaps be 2 separate top 100's here, one for all fictional shows... Just a suggestion. It's going to be weird comprising a top 25 of anything that's ever been on TV.
No weirder than doing the same for all films. I think two separate top 100s would be pretty pointless, especially given that television only comprises a small percentage of the discussion that actually takes place on these forums anyway. TV is TV.

That said, I've never regarded any talk show, sports show, documentary series, or game show that highly and none of them were included on my list.

I have not seen most of these long-running shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire or Lost, and don't really have time to catch up with them before compiling my list.
I've seen a lot of them, but while I think The Wire or The Soprano's are great, I don't love them. I've only seen them once for a start. I'd guess that the majority of my list will be sitcoms/comedies, as those are the programmes I watch time after time. There'll be other stuff too, of course. I suspect an Australian soap opera will feature very highly.

I'm watching Band of Brothers again, haven't seen it since it first aired on tv. It's good too because I forget most of the show.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I haven't seen / completed many Tv-series, so i wont be participating.

However the one series, that was hands down, some of the best tv i have ever seen was The Wire. I really hope its going to be high on this list.

I also had a thing for british crime series at one point. I think one of the best must be Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren!

I'd love to participate, but I don't feel knowledgeable enough about television shows to do so. I've never seen a single episode of many of the most critically-acclaimed shows, like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc. One of my best friends is a big TV junkie. He owns numerous box-sets, some of which I borrow from time to time, but it just takes so damn long for me to watch 5-6 seasons of a TV show. I'd rather spend that time watching movies.

Personally, I'm hoping that The Sopranos comes out on top or at least finishes in the top three. I borrowed the box-set from my friend last year and just finally finished watching the series a couple of months ago. In terms of sheer quality, no other television show I've seen comes close to it. (And it's also forever changed the way I listen to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing.")

If I participated, though, most of my entries would unfortunately have to be sitcoms and cartoons.

I'd love to participate, but I don't feel knowledgeable enough about television shows to do so. I've never seen a single episode of many of the most critically-acclaimed shows... If I participated, though, most of my entries would unfortunately have to be sitcoms and cartoons.
Who says anybody needs to be "knowledgeable" about TV to participate? And since when are sitcoms and cartoons somehow lesser than other programs? Fortunately, only 9 of the shows I submitted are "serious," and many of them were towards the end of the list.

Make a list of your top 25 favorites and submit them.

Just submit a list, Captain. I'm with MV, it's your favourites. I've seen most of the 'big critical successes' and few of them will be on my 25. Not because I don't like them, I do, and not because they're not good or good enough, but because I don't love them like I do those that'll make my list. I think this 100 will be pretty diverse simply because I don't think it'll take much to make the list. Well, certainly not the bottom third, anyway.

The problem is, I don't even think I could list 25 shows that I truly love. I just don't watch all that much television. I mainly stick to movies and sports. I don't want to negatively influence the list by including shows that I'm not even a big fan of in lieu of shows that are more deserving.

But we'll see. There's still a lot of time left to discover more shows before these lists have to be submitted. I've borrowed Twin Peaks from my friend. Considering how much I admire Lynch's films, I'm sure that's a show that will make my list once I've watched it. If I can make a list of 25 shows I truly love, then I'll participate. Otherwise, I'll be happy to just watch from the bleachers.

[EDIT:] Actually, now that I'm reading what all qualifies, it might not be so difficult for me to put together a list after all. I wasn't thinking about including mini-series or things like The Late Show with David Letterman.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, I've definitely included a lot of comfort tv in my list. Shows that I don't get really excited about or even need to watch, but that I like to have on in the background.

I know -- you own several seasons of it on DVD. It's your top secret favorite TV show.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't expect more than 10 of my choices to make the list, mainly because I'm turning in a lot of childhood favorites, not Golden Globe winning TV shows.

I've tried to get him to do a Golden Girls TV show commentary with me. I really want to.

We could watch three or four shows. That would equal a movie's running time.