Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Escape Plan (2013)

Stallone and Ahnuld decided to make themselves a duo after Expendables went down so well.

Stallone, a guy who is paid to escape from prisons to test their security, ends up in a prison he can't get out of and joins forces with another inmate, Ahnuld, and the two work together to find a flaw in the security of the prison.

Fun, no brainer with a bit of a plot to it and it works pretty well too in general terms... but the general tone feels forced having Sly and Arn in the same film trying their best to play off of one another.

Arn is also showing his age very, very badly. He barely does anything physical, and when he does, it's either a wide shot, or an extreme close up, so as it's hard to see if it's him or not doing the physical work.

Jim Caviezel as the Prison Warden is out of place but plays it well.
Vinnie Jones as Caviezel's right hand man is wooden and underused too.
Fiddy Cent plays a friend of Stallone's and is surprisingly the strongest "actor" on board. He plays a very likeable and believable good guy.

Would have worked without having Sly and Arn together... I would have hoped the two teamed up with something better than this rather than churning out the olde prison escape plot simply to get themselves into a film together.
Still though, it's fun... but lacks the humour that the trailers would have you believe. The trailers make it look like it contains a lot of Expendables 2 style humour, but, it doesn't. It's more along the lines of Stallone's other jail film Lock Up.

6/10

It was very interesting. I liked the techniques, and thought provoking way of storytelling. It wasn't very entertaining for me though. At times I found myself a little bored.

REWATCH

I initially rated this a
. I don't know what was wrong with me that night. This is a great movie. A New York setting, urban crime and grit, Scorsese, plenty of Catholic guilt and symbolism, and you have De Niro and Keitel together in a movie. hard to go wrong.

Wait Until Dark (1967)

Terrific, crafty thriller with great performances from Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin. Richard Crenna is also very good.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

6/10

It was very interesting. I liked the techniques, and thought provoking way of storytelling. It wasn't very entertaining for me though. At times I found myself a little bored.
Have you seen The Holy Mountain? It is much more inaccessible and impenetrable than El Topo, but the bizarre imagery and irreverent humour makes up for it. Truly a distinctive viewing experience.

Finished here. It's been fun.
De Palma's best i'd say. Blow-Out>Scarface>>Carlito's Way>>>>>>>>>>>Turd>>>>The Untouchables

Superbad by Greg Mottola

One of my favorite comedy of all time . Jonah Hill is so freaking funny in this one and Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Mclovin is very funny too . The rating is well deserved .

8.4/10

Son of Batman, 4/5. Some people who have already watched this film say it's bad for this reason here, or that reason there but I don't really see anything too bad about it. The voice acting was good, the story wasn't bad, although Deathstroke's involvement was a little too typical for a character like him. I think and few inaccuracies about how certain characters are the way they are is what makes it lose that one point, but it's still a very good film overall.

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

I used to not like Meg Ryan, and I'm not sure why. I think it was just some strange misconception I had. I enjoyed this movie the whole way through. There weren't any special moments for me that made me think it was anything better than good, but I liked it.
My favorite chick flick! And the only movie I find Billy Crystal even remotely attractive in :-)

My favorite chick flick! And the only movie I find Billy Crystal even remotely attractive in :-)
I thought he was kind of cute in The Princess Bride!

The Aviator (2004)

Extremely well made with several good performances; given who is involved, I wouldn't expect anything less. I thought it was a very good movie for a one time watch, but there wasn't anything I loved about it. A disappointment overall.

Re-watched last night

A comedy classic!

Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd at their funniest and finest.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Agree... Murphy at his best. That and 48 Hours are Murphy's finest.

Danny was fantastic in Trading Places too. Really shows the guy's talent for character acting.