I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

17th April 2014

Casablanca (1942, 102 mins) - definitely not my thing unfortunately. At least not right now, the context and story really didn't engage me at all and I unfortunately found it boring. I won't give it a rating because I'm obviously part of a minority here. Don't hate me.
Everytime someone says something like that about Casablanca, a small piece of me just dies. It's heartbreaking to me that some people simply don't seem to notice the sheer perfection of that film.

Pfff...

15/4/14

28 Days Later (2002) -

16/4/14

The Hitcher (1986) -

17/4/14

Redline (2013) -

18/4/14

American Hustle (2013) - review coming soon.

19/4/14

Event Horizon (1997) -

I definitely gave Zombieland an over-rating. So I'll edit it to 85. Return of the Living Dead review coming up!

20th April 2014

The Return of the Living Dead
(1985, 91 mins) - well, thanks for the suggestion because this is now my favorite Zomcom (but only by a small margin). It's very funny at times, especially the scene where we see the headless zombie running around and everyone screaming and going frantic. Films rarely make me laugh but this one did. I like the cartoon looking practical gore and it reminded me a lot of Evil Dead. I even preferred this film to the Evil Dead movies. Very rewatchable too!
My Rating: 86/100

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
20th April 2014

The Return of the Living Dead
(1985, 91 mins) - well, thanks for the suggestion because this is now my favorite Zomcom (but only by a small margin). It's very funny at times, especially the scene where we see the headless zombie running around and everyone screaming and going frantic. Films rarely make me laugh but this one did. I like the cartoon looking practical gore and it reminded me a lot of Evil Dead. I even preferred this film to the Evil Dead movies. Very rewatchable too!
My Rating: 86/100

It should be noted the filmmaker behind this project, Dan O'Bannon, was also the creative force behind Alien, writing the films' script, and coming up with the creature. A very talented gentlemen.

It should be noted the filmmaker behind this project, Dan O'Bannon, was also the creative force behind Alien, writing the films' script, and coming up with the creature. A very talented gentlemen.
Oh, that's actually interesting. Thank you.

20th April 2014 Cont.

Amélie (2001, 122 mins) - well, I wasn't expecting it to be this good! Amelie is one of the most beautifully shot films I have ever watched. The story was incredible intriguing and pretty strange (this is a good thing. I like strange movies). I loved the characters, the narrating and the overall plot. It's definitely a film that will need a re-watch in the future. Welcome to my top 10 Amélie.
My Rating:
95/100

Glad to see you enjoyed it so much. I adore that film. It's just so sweet and it looks gorgeous.

If you've not seen it before, Heat is on Channel 4 tonight and, as you were talking about watching some older films, The Man In the White Suit is on BBC4 at 7pm, while The Graduate is on ITV3 at 10pm.

Glad to see you enjoyed it so much. I adore that film. It's just so sweet and it looks gorgeous.

If you've not seen it before, Heat is on Channel 4 tonight and, as you were talking about watching some older films, The Man In the White Suit is on BBC4 at 7pm, while The Graduate is on ITV3 at 10pm.
Thanks! I watched "The Graduate" a few days ago, I liked it a lot. I have some other films planned for tonight but I appreciate the info. "Heat" definitely looks great but I think the next longer film on my list to watch is 2001. I might watch it tomorrow. I'll take a loot at "The Man In the White Suit" on iMDb and probably add it to my watchlist.

Glad you liked Amelie.

If you liked The Graduate, I recommend Harold and Maude. One of my favorites.

20th April 2014 Cont. #2

Black Hawk Down (2001, 144 mins) - a good war film but this wasn't completely "for me". I just watched it because my mum wanted to watch something with me and she likes true stories. She liked it, but I don't think she loved it. I think people who like war films a lot will like this film a lot more than what I did. I still enjoyed it but I wasn't crazy about it. However I did like that they said not to leave a man behind on multiple occasions.
My Rating: 77/100

21st April 2014

Hercules (1997, 93 mins) - my favorite Disney film so far. I will be watching more of them because I can hardly remember any of them from childhood and I don't think I saw too many of them either. Definitely enjoyable.
My Rating: 83/100

21st April 2014

Kids (1995, 91 mins) - a good film which serves it's purpose of shocking it's audience and sure, it goes a little deep in parts but that's really it. It doesn't go many places, it just takes place over a short time showing some of the things that some teengers get intoand then ending as it did. I didn't believe a lot of the film. Worth a watch... I guess, I just watched it because I'm trying to look at some smaller directors and Harmony Korine is also linked to this.
My Rating: 74/100