Voters - 6/35

Road To Perdition

Points - 123
Voters - 10/35

Men In Black

Points - 123
Voters - 11/35

We've gone on holiday by mistake
How are fails like Iron Man 2 getting so high. It's as if some people were picking comic book movies out of a hat.

Didn't vote for any of these ones. Couldn't get into Road myself and haven't seen Blimp... liked the other two though.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I picked Men In Black. Iron Man 2 was utter garbage tho.

Well, we're into the Top 30 now, only 11 more reveals to go...

The Top 20 (starts on Monday) will have a slight difference, it'll be 2 films per day rather than 4, all the way up to the Top 4 then the Top 4 will be posted in one go (as I said in the OP)... the layout is the same but I'm also adding how many times the films got into Voters' Top 10s and #1 Spots.
Just a little extra info for the Top 20

Been a quick Countdown going with 4 at a time. Only takes 29 days.

I'd also like to mention that while Dark Knight will undoubtedly rule this roost, The Crow certainly deserves a top 5 spot.

Also V For Vendetta is awesome and underrated, even by Alan Moore. He's mean.

I bid you Turtle Power.

How are fails like Iron Man 2 getting so high. It's as if some people were picking comic book movies out of a hat.
I had similar thoughts when I first popped into the thread. It's best not to look at this as a list of top movies, so much as a game of what everyone playing comes up with in the end. It is more of a Top 25 best films of the genre, and Top 75 most popular films of the genre, revealed simultaneously and gradually.

Wow, I can't believe Men in Black is this low. It's low enough that I'm expecting a few people will come in here and do the whole "oh, I didn't know that was eligible!" thing.

I had it second on my list. One of the things I love most about the movie is how many different levels it operates on. It works as a funny, exciting romp, which is what I mainly took from it when I was younger and saw it in theaters. But it's also profound and insightful, which I was delighted to notice more and more as I rewatched it over time.

A film this superficially goofy has no business being this well written. I can't believe how well-written some of it is, though I imagine it'd be obvious if you stripped away the subject matter. And I haven't even gotten into the casting. I keep editing this post because it never feels like I'm properly conveying how I feel about it, which I guess, in its own way, says it as well as any of my attempts.

Great movie.

Yeah, even with the number of awful movies revealed thus far and their placements, seeing Men in Black this low is just ridiculous. It was number fourteen on my list (twelve points). And though I love The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp, I didn't include it as originating from a comic, by my own standard, since it really only borrowed the title.

That's twelve of mine, so far. I expect all but one or two of mine to make it, actually.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	edgar.png
Views:	1366
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	13730  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
10. Red
11. Men in Black
14. Blade 2
15. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
23. Dick Tracy

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Beatrice: You here to make fun of me too?
Kay: No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

Men in Black is number 11 for me. It was and still is in my opinion, despite the trash of sequels it produced, fresh and exciting. Smith's the perfect mix to blend with the serious Tommy Lee Jones. They work well off each other when Smith was still breaking into the Summer Blockbuster thing. While Independence Day was a huge blockbuster, I feel that Men in Black cemented Smith as a bona fide star.

Congratulations, Reg. It's a... squid.

It pains me to see it lumped in the same batch with Iron Man 2. Everyone involved in that film agree that it was a rush job and nothing more. Hell, I wish Blade II and TMNT were higher than Iron Man 2.

Suspect's Reviews

The first Iron Man is leap years ahead of the second. But the second is still a classic comic movie.
The first one isn't even...

Meh, just eye twitch. Classic in the lowest form of the word I suppose... I am a snob I know...