Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Gonna give this a go... I hope its good.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Mean Streets-In the mood for some Scorsese.

I liked the realism of Sorcerer, but I think the most amazing thing was... how in the hell did they get those shots without killing themselves? Maybe that's why I only recognized one of the actors, the others must have died on set. :P

Film makers have become so lazy now with the green screen.

Alright, now I'm really excited to watch:

I had a really hard time with Au Hasard Balthazar, but maybe I didn't get the film
It's my favorite Bresson film or at least the one that impressed me the most.

You might not worship at the altar of Bresson.
Still better than any other French filmmaker. Though in the art film "genre" I think that the best ones may still be Bergman and, by far the greatest, Tarkovsky, though I haven't watched as many art movies as some other guys here. But for me, Tarkovsky's work stands tall above all the rest.

Au Hasald Balthazar
Enjoy, my favorite Bresson film so far.

I think I'm going to have to watch Au Hasald Balthazar soon too. I haven't seen any Bresson films yet. Never even heard of him before.

Im in the mood for more short movies, so i have planned to see some more, from the experimental movies of Maya Deren to the animation of Yuriy Norshteyn. Also tonight is movie club night, where we will be looking into some Japanese Pink Wave movies.

Junkopia (1981) by Chris Marker, Frank Simeone and John Chapman

Hedgehog in the Fog (1975) by Yuriy Norshteyn

At Land (1944) by Maya Deren

Darkness/Light/Darkness (1989) by Jan Svankmajer

The Man Who Planted Trees (1987) by Frédéric Back

A Country Doctor (2007) by Koji Yamamura

Fireworks (1947) by Kenneth Anger

Le Retour à la Raison (1923) by Man Ray

Living (1971) by Frans Zwartjes

Black Snow (1965) by Tetsuji Takechi

I have read a small book on the subject of Jaoanese Pink Wave and this should be one of the defining movies. It looks like a real obscure pearl!

Violated Angels (1967) by Kôji Wakamatsu

I love Kôji Wakamatsu's movies and as far i remember this one should be based loosely on The Stranger by Camus. Japanese Pink Wave FTW!

Demons (1971) by Toshio Matsumoto

Albeit not really a Japanese Pink Wave movie, we are still interested in seing Toshio Matsumoto's Demons after we saw Funeral Parade of Roses. He is a really interesting director!

I went to the library and rented 4 films that seems really interesting that I haven't seen yet

Stalker

The Tenant