Profile Banners...

Tools    

for the Captain of the Starship MoFo

for TheGunslinger45

Thanks to Nostromo for finding me a Beerfest banner, and adding it to my profile for me!

"I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it, and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

Barry Badrinath

alright, so i know that was kind of gif banner overload, although i learned some things that i'll try and share... the most easily understood version

just about an hour ago i realized my software had screwed up all the widths even tho i plugged them in right, and pretty much none of them were the correct dimension

wanted to get it right, bc the extra widescreen dimensions look great, i think

so this is the way that ended up working best, and may save time for anyone who may want to give it a try:

step 1: find a gif file on the internet. works best if you pick out one that is more widescreen rather than square

step 2: copy and paste the url here - http://www.online-image-editor.com/on the 'From URL' tab

step 3: once your file is uploaded, click on the 'Resize' tab. on the left side, uncheck 'Aspect Ratio.' then plug in 960 for width and 316 for height. click Apply. wait for the image to lighten, that means it's finished resizing. under the image it will show the file size. as long as its under 1.9 MB it will work as a profile banner here. if it's under 1.9 MB, all you have to do is save the gif to your computer, upload it to a simple image uploader like photobucket. and then VOILA, use it here. if you try and base your images from the editing site your files will expire in a day

now, if your file is over 1.9 MB, do this. it's easy

(if necessary) step 4: click here http://ezgif.com/optimize paste the url from the Resizing site here under 'OR paste image url.' click upload. when that's finished, type 0 (yes the number 0), in the 'Reduce colors to' box. then click 'Optimize it!' this will bring up some images that are reducing your file size. find one that's under 1.9 MB, save it to your computer & upload it through something like photobucket- & you're ready to use it here

decide for yourself if you think it's worth the effort

This is what my banners will be like for forever I believe. I'm obsessed, infatuated, insane . . . whatever works. I decided to watch Slap Shot a couple months ago. I had only seen it one other time, years ago. I became curious as to why the other brother didn't play his part, so I looked into it, and now I'm simply annoyed. They should have waited until he could be in it. I would have waited. Oh yes! Hell, from what I can tell, he's the main attraction. He's been referred to as the best fighter in hockey history. He kicked the crap out of anyone who messed with his younger brother. Whenever he would come out for the game, they would play the Jaws theme. That's funny. Anyway, I've honestly never watched a game of hockey in my life. I usually just keep up with our college team, the UT Vols. They used the fact that we finally got a pro football team, the Tennessee Titans, in the movie Cast Away. I don't watch them either. From what it looks like, our hockey team the Nashville Predators are rather new. They're not so hot, it would seem. I dunno. I don't watch them either. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime soon.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack Carlson Hockey.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	13394  

This is what my banners will be like for forever I believe. I'm obsessed, infatuated, insane . . . whatever works. I decided to watch Slap Shot a couple months ago. I had only seen it one other time, years ago. I became curious as to why the other brother didn't play his part, so I looked into it, and now I'm simply annoyed. They should have waited until he could be in it. I would have waited. Oh yes! Hell, from what I can tell, he's the main attraction. He's been referred to as the best fighter in hockey history. He kicked the crap out of anyone who messed with his younger brother. Whenever he would come out for the game, they would play the Jaws theme. That's funny. Anyway, I've honestly never watched a game of hockey in my life. I usually just keep up with our college team, the UT Vols. They used the fact that we finally got a pro football team, the Tennessee Titans, in the movie Cast Away. I don't watch them either. From what it looks like, our hockey team the Nashville Predators are rather new. They're not so hot, it would seem. I dunno. I don't watch them either. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime soon.
Joined the NHL in '98. Defensively sound with one of the best defensemen in the league (Shea Weber) and one of the best goalies (Pekka Rinne), who's just back from injury. Can't score for sh*t though. You should check it out. Only sport that I care to watch/keep up with.

Hey, thanks a lot for the info. Weber is from Canada, and Rinne is from Finland. That sure is a lot of traveling to join a team. I will check it out. I've been on their site a bunch already, and they seem to do some really nice things for people. One player had a video of some little boy who he became close with. He has MD, or MS. It was really sweet. I can't seem to find it now, though. I'll keep trying.

Here is my banner, I took this picture last year in South Africa
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeters.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	13369  

Well, this may be a little off topic, but I don't care. I can't put it in "Favorite Youtube Videos" because it's not a favorite. Just the person in it is. The video actually scares the crap out of me, and as much as I'm obviously smitten like a kitten over this man, I can't watch these things. I just have another question for Skepsis93 up there. You said I should give watching hockey a try, but is it still violent like this? I don't know how anyone can watch someone they care about do the things in this video, game after game. I'd wanna go down there and hurt somebody myself. To bad I can't skate. Anyways, these fights are funny enough in a movie, but not in real life. He's a referee now, but he's changed a lot. He was saved, and I read that he's super sweet. Nothing like before. OK, I'll shut up, but he has aged like a fine wine, inside and out . . . seriously!

So, is it still like this?

Jack Carlson Hockey

I don't have a lot to compare it to since I haven't been watching that long, but from the videos I've seen of Hockey in the past:

I'd call it very feisty and tough rather than outright violent. There are more unwritten rules than written ones and a great deal of those are to do with fighting and standing up for your teammates. Big hits are still common and an important part of the game but dangerous plays (hitting from behind, hits to the head, elbowing etc) have been greatly reduced by safety and disciplinary measures. Not that there aren't any "dirty" players out there, still (the likes of Matt Cooke, Raffi Torres and recently James Neal have become notorious for playing on the edge of the rules), but they are quick to be ostracised by fans these days.

Hope than answers your question.

Yes it does.
I was only 5 when this man started his career, and I was graduating high school when his hockey playing career ended, so I wouldn't of had much time to start watching it, either.

For Rauldc14 Survivor challenge. Sorry man I am the worst at this kind of thing. I am lucky I have an avatar.

Raul, this is my profile banner for you. I hope you like it. Try it out and see how it looks.