Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2017 - Sign-Ups! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=50045)

Yoda 07-17-17 02:15 PM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2017 - Sign-Ups!

Always feels weird starting this thread when my thoughts are mostly consumed with baseball (and/or softball), but man, I didn't invent the calendar. Go talk to the Gregorians 'bout that crap.

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its tenth (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner this trophy each year:

http://www.movieforums.com/community..._med.jpg&w=600

Can I play?

Yes! Well, maybe. As I said, we have high owner retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We give some preference to returning owners as well, but each year we lean a little more towards the first criteria, because it tends to make for a more fun and engaged league. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring.

If we don't have room, I started a money league (it's modest: just $50) that's been going for a couple of years that will very likely have room, with a handful of the same owners anyway.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Yoda 07-17-17 02:18 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2017 - Sign-Ups!

Post reserved for ongoing confirmed owners list.
  • Yoda (11 Angry Men)
  • Sedai (Little Machines)
  • mikeython1 (Silly Nannies)
  • seanc (Mud Dogs)
  • rauldc14 (Lord of the Rings)
  • Fabulous (The Empire)
  • TONGO (PlasticPads&IronMen)
  • Captain Spaulding (Censored Clowns)
  • 7thson (The Paper Curtain)
  • donniedarko (Donnie Football)
  • Powdered Water (Russell Wilson's War)
  • spudracer (Discount Chiefs)
  • Halfangel337 (Angry Gnomes)
  • Piledriver (Beantown Champs)

Sedai 07-17-17 02:32 PM

It's that time of year again! (Already??)

I am in!

mikeython1 07-17-17 02:33 PM

I would like in! :D

Yoda 07-17-17 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 1737560)
It's that time of year again! (Already??)

I am in!
Yeah, the first few years I was actively waiting for it, but the last 2-3 it's flipped into "what, ALREADY?" Guess I'm busier than I used to be.

seanc 07-17-17 04:12 PM

In like flyn

rauldc14 07-17-17 07:04 PM

In

Fabulous 07-17-17 07:57 PM

In

Powdered Water 07-19-17 01:11 PM

I'll come back if a spot opens up. If not, you know I'm down for the money league.

TONGO 07-20-17 09:09 AM

IN !

Yoda 07-24-17 03:35 PM

Bump.

Going to sound out direct notifications to a handful of owners soon. Wanna nail this down in the next week or so.

7thson 07-25-17 01:45 PM

Would love to play in the pay league if there is a spot.

Captain Spaulding 07-26-17 05:33 PM

I should probably allow a more active mofo to take my spot, but I can't bow out now considering how close I've come to winning that trophy these past two years, so I'm definitely in if you'll have me again.

Yoda 07-26-17 05:35 PM

Hehe. Big of you to volunteer re: the more active thing, but I think we'll have room. :up:

Yoda 08-02-17 09:46 PM

At the moment, I think we have right around 12 teams. 14 is pretty ideal, since that balances the playoff setup well and lets every team play each other team exactly once. So if anyone's on the fence about playing (or coming back), go for it: we actually have a couple of spots wide open for the first time in years! Let me know ASAP, though.

TONGO 08-06-17 05:42 PM

Just sent a PM to Cricket & Sleezy

Sleezy 08-06-17 08:46 PM

Thanks for the invite, guys, but I'm still retired. Good luck to all the owners this season, though! :yup:

7thson 08-07-17 11:24 AM

If any spots are open id love to play this year.

TONGO 08-07-17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 1749730)
Thanks for the invite, guys, but I'm still retired. Good luck to all the owners this season, though! :yup:
Aw hell!

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 1749941)
If any spots are open id love to play this year.
\
Hell yeah!

TONGO 08-08-17 03:42 AM

Cricket may join. In his own words "If you can't get anyone else by the deadline, I'll give it a shot."

Hes never done Fantasy Football before, but I explained in 2 sentences how to play, and hes more open to it now

I mean, after all, you cant have too many Patriot fans :rolleyes: