Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Sopranos: Camo & Friends (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=46471)

Camo 08-16-16 07:17 PM

The Sopranos: Camo & Friends

Yeah, i'd love to discuss this with Christine and Tacitus so just so they know i wasn't kidding :p. So anyone talk about The Sopranos in here and if you haven't seen it yet i may be able to convince Tacitus to ban you on trumped up charges.

http://i67.tinypic.com/wtvr02.jpg

TONGO 08-16-16 07:31 PM

Re: The Sopranos: Camo & Friends

LOVE this series!!!!!!!

cricket 08-16-16 07:33 PM

I'd like to watch this. I heard it was great, almost as great as The Shield!!! WooooHoooo!!!

Camo 08-16-16 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1561944)
I'd like to watch this. I heard it was great, almost as great as The Shield!!! WooooHoooo!!!
It's better than The Shield. Hopefully you persuade the missus ;)

TONGO 08-16-16 07:56 PM

I wish they were able to do one more episode or movie before Gandolfini died. There simply will never be any replacing him.

In all honesty, I prefer Tony Soprano over any other mobster performance done by anyone ever. Not even Joe Pescis Tommy from Goodfellas could compare, or any DeNiro mobster performance. Gandolfini was able to intimidate you and amuse you all at the same time. Think Sonny Corleone with a splash of Henry Hill, an everyman.

MovieMeditation 08-16-16 08:00 PM

Maybe if I give this series a chance of 20 episodes I will actually like it by then. It seems so popular everywhere, but what I saw was never worth my time except one of two episodes.

Camo 08-16-16 08:04 PM

I don't think you'll ever like it MM mate. That's fine, just don't think you should watch it more, unless you actually want to **** on it.

MovieMeditation 08-16-16 08:09 PM

It seems like a show I'd like though tbh. Gondolfini is great in it. But from what I've seen it comes off as a cheap and sometimes satirical rip-off of better mob dramas. I haven't seen nearly enough to sh*ttalk it in detail or with complete confidence, but that's just my observation...

I'm still willing to give it another shot some time in the future.

TONGO 08-16-16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1561955)
Maybe if I give this series a chance of 20 episodes I will actually like it by then. It seems so popular everywhere, but what I saw was never worth my time except one of two episodes.
It does get better after season 1 and continue that pattern but if you didnt like it what you saw, its just not gonna be your cup of tea. :shrug:

MMs not the first to say it, and Ive spoke to people that dont like ANY mobster/mafia themed films/series at all. Can you believe that? Prejudiced against italians. ;)

Fabulous 08-16-16 08:17 PM

One of the best shows I've ever seen. It's a masterpiece.

Tugg 08-16-16 08:20 PM

Real Sopranos start with season 2. It has 4 great seasons. Then it goes a bit downhill by season 6.

TONGO 08-16-16 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tugg (Post 1561967)
Real Sopranos start with season 2. It has 4 great seasons. Then it goes a bit downhill by season 6.
season 6 I remember mainly being a bunch of stand-alone episodes, very disjointed. Thats probably why they stopped it because they simply didnt have another large story-arc to tell.

CosmicRunaway 08-16-16 08:25 PM

Is this an attempt to get more people to vote for The Sopranos in the TV Tournament? haha

TONGO 08-16-16 08:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkE_Gv6ALM

Camo 08-16-16 08:50 PM

Cosmic, Tugg and TONGO are the only people i like in this thread tbh.

Camo 08-16-16 08:51 PM

MM too

Tacitus 08-16-16 08:56 PM

Sopranos was a game changer for TV drama. Before that it was basically Miami Vice and Knott's Landing.

WARNING: "The Sopranos" spoilers below
And the good British stuff like I Claudius, Edge of Darkness, Tutti Frutti, Triangle and GBH

seanc 08-16-16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1561961)
It seems like a show I'd like though tbh. Gondolfini is great in it. But from what I've seen it comes off as a cheap and sometimes satirical rip-off of better mob dramas. I haven't seen nearly enough to sh*ttalk it in detail or with complete confidence, but that's just my observation...

I'm still willing to give it another shot some time in the future.
If this is your impression you need to give it another chance. Where does that even come from?

Camo 08-16-16 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tacitus (Post 1561985)
Sopranos was a game changer for TV drama. Before that it was basically Miami Vice and Knott's Landing.

WARNING: "The Sopranos" spoilers below
And the good British stuff like I Claudius, Edge of Darkness, Tutti Frutti, Triangle and GBH
JJ, has famously got me into I, Claudius lately. So yeah, agreed.

Camo 08-16-16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1561988)
If this is your impression you need to give it another chance. Where does that even come from?
Rip off of what better mod-dramas? Think me, c, and t agree that they usually do that thing better than us,

The news here is pretty underrated though