Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=22328)

FILMFREAK087 04-05-10 01:18 AM

Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie

So yeah, it's pretty much all rumor at this point, but Keanu Reeves is involved. Apparently there's already a first draft.

Cowboy Bebop is the 1998 anime series which focused on a group of bounty hunters, set in a distant future in which space travel is the norm, Earth is a landfill, mars is an urban sprawl, and organized crime and a whole host of criminal elements are the "cowboy's" next meal.

Iroquois 04-05-10 04:16 AM

Re: Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie

I'm somewhat interested in how this is going to turn out, but I'm still waiting on concrete details.

n3wt 04-05-10 09:24 AM

Ive never heard of it...

Iroquois 04-05-10 11:35 AM

If you mean the show, then by all means investigate. It's pretty good.

n3wt 04-05-10 01:17 PM

Ahh I shall research it mate to see what its all about :yup:

Justin 04-05-10 07:38 PM

I second that. The show is good. You'll enjoy it, most likely.

FILMFREAK087 04-05-10 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 612417)
Ahh I shall research it mate to see what its all about :yup:
The characters are very fleshed out, and it dabbles in western themes. Episodes are named, and themed after styles of music, i.e.; "The Real Folk Blues," and "Sympathy for the Devil."

n3wt 04-05-10 10:13 PM

It does sound like a good watch, I will get back to you guys once I have read/watched stuff on it :up: cheers for the recommendation guys :)

n3wt 04-05-10 10:26 PM

It does indeed sound like a good watch and from what I have read it sounds like an animated version of Firefly.

FILMFREAK087 04-06-10 03:35 AM

Oh, by "Western," I meant American. It's very American for an anime. The design of the vehicles and world alone is impressive.

n3wt 04-06-10 10:12 AM

Cheers for the link to the traile it really does look like a good watch :yup:

Pedz 04-06-10 11:47 AM

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. I'm not a fan of Manga/animé being turned into live action movies, but it could be good.

Wasn't there meant to be an Akira live action movie?

n3wt 04-06-10 01:36 PM

Im not a fan of Manga/anime at all but I really enjoyed Afro Samuri and this is interesting me and if I like it im sure the film will interest me also.

Pedz 04-06-10 04:01 PM

Afro Samurai is very good, but tbh there is much better stuff out there.

I wonder if they'll have the same ending?

n3wt 04-06-10 05:31 PM

Ahh I havent seen anything else but im sure I will be getting into more stuff.

Talyseon 04-12-10 05:40 PM

Well, I'm up for that! I liked Keanu as Constantine, even if he isn't a blond brit. Hopefully, this film will have more success than that one.

Dill-man 07-28-10 05:30 PM

Keanu would suck as Spike. He's too much of a joke and nor is he nearly cool enough. In my opinion :D.

Live action anime just seems stupid to me. We can all see how well The Last Airbender went. Anime was made as an anime as opposed to live action for a reason...

genesis_pig 07-28-10 05:37 PM

I don't like the idea of Keanu as Spike, but you guys have to admit he does look the part.
But I would have preferred James Franco.

Dill-man 07-28-10 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by genesis_pig (Post 648316)
I don't like the idea of Keanu as Spike, but you guys have to admit he does look the part.
But I would have preferred James Franco.
I agree wholeheartedly. Keanu kind of looks like him, yes, but there are so many better actors that look like him too. Seriously can Keanu even grin/generally look laidback without looking like a dope? I mean that's basically Spike's only expression. James Franco would be an excellent choice, I can totally see him destroying that part!

You should be a casting director.

FILMFREAK087 07-28-10 10:39 PM

For some reason, I guess the way he acts on The Office is where I'm basing my opinion, but I think John Krasinski could pull off Spike.