Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Horror Showdown!!! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=17151)

Pass135 09-08-08 03:22 PM

Horror Showdown!!!

Wondering who is/are The (In your opinion) Horror Movie Characters who are the best and why, who are your favourites, ?Who is the most frightening, best Kill scenes and why... Guys and girls ( creautres of the dark ) Get posting!!!
Examples may be...
Freddy
Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Miachel myers, Leatherface, Candyman, Ring anyone... The stay puff Marshmallow man

Earl Gray 09-08-08 03:54 PM

Re: Horror Showdown!!!

I agree with Freddie and Michael Myers there's no dougbt that they were good in their day. What about vampire films (especially the more update versions), 30 Days of Night for example. Then there are the Hannibal Lector films, that guy has some style.

These Filthy Hands 09-08-08 04:02 PM

Psychological horror as well. I.E. American Psycho, High Tension.

You also cannot forget about zombies. Running zombies are way scarier than slow lumbering zombies. Ghost a posession movies as well, Evil Dead, The Exorscist. There are many different types of horror movies that it seems unfair to narrow down the topic to just characters. There are so many movies that do well without having a main character as the protagonist.

king_of_movies_316 09-09-08 04:52 AM

Leatherface. He is the best.

n3wt 09-09-08 11:07 AM

Jason Voorhees is the greatest by far!

Iroquois 09-09-08 11:21 AM

http://www.amandastevens.com/uploade...ess-710635.jpg

Sawman3 09-09-08 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 460993)
That should really be the end of the thread.

MovieMan8877445 09-09-08 05:32 PM

I Think The Vampires From 30 Days Of Night Is The Best, They're Practically Unstoppable.

Cyberia 09-12-08 02:50 PM

The human monsters in The Hostel and The Saw films. Monsters don't exist but these people do. We know there are plenty of sickos out there.

Many film monsters now are stuck in cliché ridden plots where you often can guess what is going to happen next because you've seen it in so many other horror films.

I also liked the nutters in 28 Days Later. Also possible.

moths2flame 09-12-08 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sawman3 (Post 460996)
That should really be the end of the thread.
seriously, is there anyone else?

Used Future 09-12-08 04:25 PM

Of all the horror bogeymen I always thought Tony Todd in the original Candyman film was pretty effective. Candyman...Candyman...Candyman...Candyman.............CANDYMAN!

http://www.sachorrorfilmfest.com/images/tony_todd1.jpg

See it's just a mov-AARRRGGGGHHH!!!

LTIZZY 09-12-08 04:51 PM

I was'nt big on the Candyman, thought is was'nt scary enough for me.

LTIZZY 09-12-08 04:55 PM

House of a Thousand Corpses
Exorcist
Halloween ( the remake by Rob Zombie )
Texis Chainsaw ( the 1970's one )
Saw ( all of em )
The Wrong Turn
The Hills Have Eyes ( oringinal and remakes )
IT

FILMFREAK087 09-12-08 05:00 PM

Very tough to answer definitively. As far as what is most likely to end up on the evening news, I would say that the couple from, The People Under The Stairs, seem to be remniscent of real-life child abuse horrors.

gorehound80 09-12-08 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pass135 (Post 460827)
Wondering who is/are The (In your opinion) Horror Movie Characters who are the best and why, who are your favourites, ?Who is the most frightening, best Kill scenes and why... Guys and girls ( creautres of the dark ) Get posting!!!
Examples may be...
Freddy
Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Miachel myers, Leatherface, Candyman, Ring anyone... The stay puff Marshmallow man
Yeah, I'm pretty much a Jason and Michael Myers guy, but what about the newer breed of horror film icons like KillJoy?

tines14 09-14-08 11:58 PM

Asian Horror

Maybe some of you don't really keen on asian horror movies.
But, you know what, in my opinion, asian horror is frightening than any other horror movies. Actually, I can't remember the name of the character, but it's japanese movie "Ju-On" I think. It's not new movies, maybe it was released three years ago.

Ðèstîñy 09-15-08 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by LTIZZY (Post 461965)
House of a Thousand Corpses
Exorcist
Friday the 13th ( the remake by Rob Zombie )
Texis Chainsaw ( the 1970's one )
Saw ( all of em )
The Wrong Turn
The Hills Have Eyes ( oringinal and remakes )
IT
These are pretty much the same films that you listed for the "being tortured by having to watch them while in hell" thread. I'm getting the impression that these are favorites of your's. Are they, and you were listing films that are so scary, they would be perfect torture for hell?

p.s. Something tells me you didn't see my reply in that thread.

Pyro Tramp 09-15-08 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by LTIZZY (Post 461965)
Friday the 13th ( the remake by Rob Zombie )
:confused:

vondummpenstein 09-15-08 06:42 AM

SATAN

martyrofevil 09-15-08 05:06 PM

Asami from Audition without a doubt! That is the only scary movie in the world.