Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Amazing Spider-Man (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=18486)

Sammieb91 01-19-09 06:19 PM

The Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man 4 is tentatively scheduled to arrive in May of 2011. With Sam Raimi, Kirsten Dunst, Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons all confirmed to return - but do we really want Spidey back for another go around ???

As for the next villian.....Sam Raimi is thinking of using Morbius. According to Empire via MTV.

FILMFREAK087 01-19-09 06:37 PM

Re: Spider-Man 4

Ya know, as a long-time Spidey fan, they have really worn me out on it. What's sad is, most of the better, and better known villains, have been used. They wasted Venom by shoe-horning him into Spider-man 3, which forced them to retro-fit the script for his inclusion. Gwen Stacy was merely used as a rival to M.J., and then literally just disappears, never even being given her own personality or story. Since we're on the topic, I've always had a problem with these movies, as many fans are aware, Spidey was a Pariah in the comics. In all three movies Spidey is cheered and greeted warmly by the public, except for some scathing tabloid article by the Bugle, which most seem to not put much stock in, he is treated essentially the same as Superman or Batman.

messangerthug 01-19-09 07:37 PM

he was all right in the series but i dont think morbius is worthy of the big screen

mayb if they paid any/all penality fees for wesley snipes to appear as blade but like theyd do that

TheUsualSuspect 01-19-09 07:40 PM

I wouldn't mind one more, I think the series needs to go out on a better note then Spiderman 3.

n3wt 01-20-09 05:48 AM

The Spiderman films IMO are nothing Specail, it is a shame I really think it would be awesome if they made Spiderman into a more of a darker series just like they have done with Batman.

FILMFREAK087 01-20-09 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 494857)
The Spiderman films IMO are nothing Specail, it is a shame I really think it would be awesome if they made Spiderman into a more of a darker series just like they have done with Batman.
I really don't think Spider-man is dark, or light-hearted either. I think if anything, it dealt with weightier emotions. Just as an example, Gwen Stacy's death. I think another problem with the films are that they are schizophrenic in tone, at times it is so absurdly serious and bordering on camp, other times it falls flat with cornball comedy antics.

rice1245 01-20-09 03:22 PM

i'll see it if they make another one...i'm a sucker for not just comic book movies but super power movies :yup: but mostly comic book nevermind, that seems to be an unpopular thing to like lately but i haven't seen one comic book movie that i haven't enjoyed. I've seen some BAD ones but they were all very entertaining IMO

Vertical Gunn 01-20-09 04:14 PM

There is already a thread on this, and they just keep 'em coming, so if you don't agree to replace this thread with this one (no offense), then there will probably be like two more Spidey 4 threads by the end of the year.

mikeython1 01-20-09 04:22 PM

They should just merge them together looks no one has posted in the other thread lately

Vertical Gunn 01-20-09 04:43 PM

Yes.

Sammieb91 01-20-09 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vertical Gunn
There is already a thread on this, and they just keep 'em coming, so if you don't agree to replace this thread with this one (no offense), then there will probably be like two more Spidey 4 threads by the end of the year.
Originally Posted by mikeython1
They should just merge them together...
This thread is dedicated solely to Spiderman 4 itself....the other thread just mainly asks if you all want Carnage in the movie.

mikeython1 01-20-09 05:32 PM

Im sure if there was a problem Yoda would close or merge the thread. So for now everthing looks fine.

Vertical Gunn 01-20-09 07:07 PM

Yeah. But then again there is another Spider-Man 4 thread, so the problem isn't closed.

Sammieb91 01-20-09 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vertical Gunn (Post 495040)
Yeah. But then again there is another Spider-Man 4 thread, so the problem isn't closed.
What thread is that? I searched for an official one and all there is was a thread about Carnage in Spiderman. I'm kinda sick of repeating myself. There are no other Spiderman 4 threads.

meatwadsprite 01-20-09 07:19 PM

I think people take the Spiderman movies too seriously. They are very over the top and work great as comic book movies , you can't mix them with Batman Begins and Dark Knight - those are incredibly more realist.

And then there are people who love Superman : The Movie , but think Spiderman 3 is too wacky.

mikeython1 01-20-09 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vertical Gunn (Post 495040)
Leave it up to the people who run the site. If it bothers you that bad pm Yoda or Destiny and tell them about it.

Vertical Gunn 01-21-09 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sammieb91 (Post 495044)
What thread is that? I searched for an official one and all there is was a thread about Carnage in Spiderman. I'm kinda sick of repeating myself. There are no other Spiderman 4 threads.
You searched huh? Well so did I and found this.

MovieMan8877445 01-21-09 12:19 AM

I doubt I'll like it that much, the Spider-Man movies are really overrated.

Swan 01-21-09 12:22 AM

The Spider-Man films aren't overrated at all, in my opinion (Nolan's Batman films, though...). I would be very excited for a fourth Spider-Man film. I have liked every Spider-Man film so far.

Even Spider-Man 3... it wasn't great but it wasn't THAT bad.

Sammieb91 01-21-09 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Vertical Gunn (Post 495184)
You searched huh? Well so did I and found this.

wow. I searched in both search engines. This web sites and Google's Movie Forums search engine. That thread didn't show up.

Thanks Vertical Gunn.