Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=12161)

TheUsualSuspect 07-21-06 12:53 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/tee...mnt_large.html

I dunno, I grew up watching the big "real" things on the screen and hearing the voice of Feldman was great. Cool teaser nonetheless though.

Terminator734 07-21-06 01:13 AM

its cool but its only a cartoon

i'm still hopin they will make a new live action TMNT soon

cambece 07-21-06 12:28 PM

Hero's on a half shell!!

Wow it's strange I was just talking to a friend about TMNT. I think it's great that they're coming out with a new movie.

JA Cambece
JA Cambece Law Office

KnicksRIP 07-21-06 04:25 PM

That looks awesome!!!

This is how it should have been done all along... well, you know, if CG was prevalent in the late 1980s and early '90s. :)

SpoOkY 07-22-06 06:31 AM

I used to have all the action figures and the video games but somehow am only a little excited about thie movie. Perhaps it's the fact that it's a cartoon but if done well it could be great. Thanks for the trailer Usualsuspects :)

Mallonius 07-27-06 12:07 AM

I grew up with TMNT.

Yeah it looks cartoonish, but it still looks pretty interresting.

Yoda 07-27-06 01:57 AM

It looks pretty good, but it's still not as gritty and brutal as the original graphic novel, which is the direction I was hoping they'd go in. Still, it's a step closer to that, from the looks of things, so I'm rather pleased anyway.

SundaeBest 08-02-06 05:45 AM

^ Yoda, just how brutal and graphic was the novel? You just spiked my interest, perhaps a trip to the library is in order. ;)

Even though I grew up watching the live action, the animation on this looks pretty good, I'm confident I'll go see this as long as they dont retard it into a kiddie hack.

akatemple 02-15-12 05:33 PM

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

From Killerfilm.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot moving forward
Feb 15, 2012

It’s been awhile since we’ve heard anything on the Platinum Dunes’ plannned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, but the project is still still alive at the studio, and is now moving forward on finding a director. Variety reports that Jonathan Liebesman is in talks to helm the project. Liebesman just recently came off of Battle: Los Angeles, and is currently making Wrath of the Titans for release on March 30th. Details on this new film are unknown at the moment, but will return the franchise to live-action rather than a CG animated film as the previous instalment.

Yoda 02-15-12 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SundaeBest (Post 338961)
^ Yoda, just how brutal and graphic was the novel? You just spiked my interest, perhaps a trip to the library is in order. ;)

Even though I grew up watching the live action, the animation on this looks pretty good, I'm confident I'll go see this as long as they dont retard it into a kiddie hack.
Oh, not terribly, just actual people being killed and actual blood and stuff, occasionally. I think some swearing, too. Not too brutal or anything, but compared to the cartoons, a huge difference.

akatemple 03-19-12 03:47 PM

Yay, let's see how Bay kills another franchise I loves as a kid.

Michael Bay reveals how the new TMNT film will be different
Mar 18, 2012

Paramount Pictures had just recently revealed their new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be set to be released on Christmas Day in 2013. However, many fans are wondering just how this reboot will be different from the rest. Well, Michael Bay spoke at 2012 Nickelodeon Upfront, and revealed what will most likely be an usettling twist for the Turtles. “When you see this movie, kids will believe one day that these turtles do exist, when we’re done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable,” Bay said.

genesis_pig 03-19-12 04:07 PM

These turtles are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable,” Bay said.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...h29m23s2-1.jpg

The Rodent 03-19-12 05:24 PM

Just been reading up on movieweb.com about Michael Bay turning TMNT into Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.
There seems to be some controversy about the idea from what I saw with peoples' reactions.

I agree with them too, Michael Bay is a complete 'tard. He destroyed Transformers, now he's getting his mitts on another beloved 80s/90s franchise.

What's next? I know: Thundercats Vs He-Man.
The Thundercats are actually a genetic experiment designed in a pact between Skeletor and Mum-Rah to take out He-Man. The Thundercats and He-Man realise what's happened and rather than fighting each other, they team up against Skeletor and Mum-Rah but manage to drag the Autobots into their fight.
In an amazing twist of fate, they come across Robocop who empathises with the Autobots, who are after all robotic creatures like he is and olde Robo joins the fight too.
In this series of unforseen events, Skeletor and Mum-Rah decide to reprogramme a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 to take out Robocop.
Hence a huge battle between all involved that sees loads of world landmarks getting destroyed and giant boats crashing into Mount Everest.

Michael The Moron Bay.

genesis_pig 03-19-12 05:51 PM

Sometimes I can't believe this is the guy who directed The Rock.
That movie is too good to have his name on it.

Pyro Tramp 03-19-12 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 798965)
Just been reading up on movieweb.com about Michael Bay turning TMNT into Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles.
There seems to be some controversy about the idea from what I saw with peoples' reactions.

I agree with them too, Michael Bay is a complete 'tard. He destroyed Transformers, now he's getting his mitts on another beloved 80s/90s franchise.

What's next? I know: Thundercats Vs He-Man.
The Thundercats are actually a genetic experiment designed in a pact between Skeletor and Mum-Rah to take out He-Man. The Thundercats and He-Man realise what's happened and rather than fighting each other, they team up against Skeletor and Mum-Rah but manage to drag the Autobots into their fight.
In an amazing twist of fate, they come across Robocop who empathises with the Autobots, who are after all robotic creatures like he is and olde Robo joins the fight too.
In this series of unforseen events, Skeletor and Mum-Rah decide to reprogramme a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 to take out Robocop.
Hence a huge battle between all involved that sees loads of world landmarks getting destroyed and giant boats crashing into Mount Everest.

Michael The Moron Bay.
I've just pre-ordered a ticket. Sold

Yoda 03-19-12 05:57 PM

Hoping he misspoke, but really, am I realistically going to avoid buying the ticket, unless the reviews are positively horrendous? Probably not.

TheUsualSuspect 03-19-12 07:22 PM

New Title Change!!!

TANT - Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

genesis_pig 03-19-12 08:06 PM

I wonder what planet they come from.. & I am guessing Splinter is one of the Biker Mice from Mars.

I'll watch this if the turtles are evil aliens & Shredder is the good guy.

n3wt 03-20-12 09:52 AM

Im still looking forward to seeing this even if Bay adds in 100 Baysplosions:D Im still chuffed theres another Turtles film :yup:

bouncingbrick 03-20-12 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by genesis_pig (Post 798973)
Sometimes I can't believe this is the guy who directed The Rock.
That movie is too good to have his name on it.
I've said it before, I'll say it a hundred more times; The Rock is not a good film! It's just as insufferably bad as his other stuff. It just had a lower budget and he had less freedom because it was his second film so it didn't have as much of his stink dripping off of it so people think it's good. It's not.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 799014)
New Title Change!!!

TANT - Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles
Actually, it will be called Teenage Alien Invading Ninja Turtles.

Fine, I'll spell it out for you dingbats! T.A.I.N.T. :D