Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Introductions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48228)

d_chatterley 02-18-17 07:46 PM

Hello!

Hi everyone! :)
I’m new here and came here like a lot of people from IMDB. I mostly posted on the American Horror Story board and Twin Peaks board.
Twin Peaks is one of my all time favorite shows and I cannot wait for it come come out this May.
I watched the OA on Netflix as well and enjoyed it. I watch Baskets as well and just love that show. I enjoyed Hannibal and The Fall as well. Gillian Anderson....:love:
My tastes are all over the place. I just love when a TV show is original. I tend to go towards mystery/sci-fi genre but love a good comedy as well.
Some of my favorite movies are Picnic at Hanging Rock, City of Lost Children (love any Jeunet-Caro movies), All About My Mother (anything Almodovar), anything by David Lynch etc.....

See you all around....:):):)

Yoda 02-18-17 07:49 PM

Re: Hello!

Welcome to Movie Forums. :)

Citizen Rules 02-18-17 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by d_chatterley (Post 1650182)
Some of my favorite movies are Picnic at Hanging Rock, City of Lost Children...
Welcome! I just watched City of Lost Children, pretty cool movie.

tatmmw2 02-18-17 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by d_chatterley (Post 1650182)
Hi everyone! :)
I’m new here and came here like a lot of people from IMDB. I mostly posted on the American Horror Story board and Twin Peaks board.
Twin Peaks is one of my all time favorite shows and I cannot wait for it come come out this May.
I watched the OA on Netflix as well and enjoyed it. I watch Baskets as well and just love that show. I enjoyed Hannibal and The Fall as well. Gillian Anderson....:love:
My tastes are all over the place. I just love when a TV show is original. I tend to go towards mystery/sci-fi genre but love a good comedy as well.
Some of my favorite movies are Picnic at Hanging Rock, City of Lost Children (love any Jeunet-Caro movies), All About My Mother (anything Almodovar), anything by David Lynch etc.....

See you all around....:):):)
American Horror Story board?!! OMG Dani just made a AHS thread and now you arrived, the AHS fans are gathering! Welcome to the forum! If you want to join our little thread of AHS please join us

Dani8 02-18-17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by tatmmw2 (Post 1650199)
American Horror Story board?!! OMG Dani just made a AHS thread and now you arrived, the AHS fans are gathering! Welcome to the forum! If you want to join our little thread of AHS please join us

LOL. I started the ahs thread for Dchatterly. Friend of mine from the board over there. Very sweet person. I thought maybe the imdb alumni thread scared him/her.

Ullo, d. Wooooo welcome aboard.

And Picnic at Hanging Rock? Great movie.

Dani8 02-18-17 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1650185)
Welcome to Movie Forums. :)
D, this is the boss. He's really nice.

tatmmw2 02-18-17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1650206)
LOL. I started the ahs thread for Dchatterly. Friend of mine from the board over there. Very sweet person. I thought maybe the imdb alumni thread scared him/her.

You were from IMDB too? I need to look at your introduction thread, when you didn't have an avatar I thought that thread was untrusty

d_chatterley 02-18-17 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1650197)
Welcome! I just watched City of Lost Children, pretty cool movie.
Yeah, I love that movie! It's probably a bit dated now as far as the effects go, but the premise of it was so phenomenal. It's always a bit hard for me to put it in a category.
The soundtrack is amazing as well.

Dani8 02-18-17 08:18 PM

LOL. I'm an imdb refugee. I got invited by a friend on a tv show board when the announcement was made the wall was going up. I've been there for 17 years off and on. I much prefer this place now.

CosmicRunaway 02-18-17 08:19 PM

Welcome to the forum! There's always room for more Hannibal fans!

Citizen Rules 02-18-17 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by d_chatterley (Post 1650211)
Yeah, I love that movie! It's probably a bit dated now as far as the effects go, but the premise of it was so phenomenal. It's always a bit hard for me to put it in a category.
The soundtrack is amazing as well.
It was only like a week ago that I watched it, but I don't remember the sound track, but I'm sure it was good as I really enjoyed the movie.

I seen Picnic at Hanging Rock too, I even reviewed that one. I liked it for the most part.

You might want to fill out your Top 10 Favorite movies, that tells us a bit about you.:)

Dani8 02-18-17 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway (Post 1650216)
Welcome to the forum! There's always room for more Hannibal fans!

Squeeeeee. I love you, Cos!

D, Cos is adorable.

Dani8 02-18-17 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1650220)

You might want to fill out your Top 10 Favorite movies, that tells us a bit about you.:)

LMAO. So pushy. Let D settle in, rules. Takes a while to navigate the new layout.

Yoda 02-18-17 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1650207)
D, this is the boss. He's really nice.
She has to say this or I'll ban her.

Sarge 02-18-17 08:28 PM

Welcome aboard. 👍

Dani8 02-18-17 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1650227)
She has to say this or I'll ban her.

LOL. You will never ban me. I am your techno moron lab rat for testing new apps for dummies.

d_chatterley 02-18-17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1650206)

Hi Dani!
Thank you for the welcome and always good to see you :) Picnic at Hanging Rock is one of my all time favorite movies. That is why I asked you about the Mount Macedon. I even bought the limited edition book they put out a while ago. See you around :)

Dani8 02-18-17 08:44 PM

Picnic at Hanging Rock is an iconic aussie movie. Some great aussie actors in that. And as an aside, my step sister went to school with Anne-Louise. Very pretty actress.

d_chatterley 02-18-17 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1650224)
LMAO. So pushy. Let D settle in, rules. Takes a while to navigate the new layout.
haha..I will fill it out in time. In all honesty, a few things I witnessed over at IMDB over the years have put quite the fear in me of putting anything even remotely personal. I am talking about a lot more than just an argument or a disagreement.
Although I have never been a target or a victim of any of that, a few of my friends have. It gives me great hope that this seems like a nicer and a more moderated place.

Dani8 02-18-17 08:53 PM

You might get a baptism of fire as a refugee, but you've seen that on imdb. they're a really nice crowd. IMDB is a big pub that has brawls. This is more like getting together for a coffee or fish and chips and a beer.