Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=44957)

Yoda 03-13-16 08:09 PM

MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Here's the thread, and stuff.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/tfPithk.png

I can't wait to see who tramples on my soul this year! Yay baseball!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...o-gif-zeih.gif

TONGO 03-13-16 08:23 PM

I shoulda been at the top of that list....gah!
I wish Id grabbed more power from the draft (HRs), but Im stronger with my SPs. Its a darn good thing to not have ERA & Whip concerns. K rate could be better but I think itll do.

I admit to drafting HanRam due to past achievements, but Im guessing hes not going to be as bad as last year. (There really should be a "fingers crossed" smiley.) Hoping Tulo does better too.

Fabulous 03-13-16 08:23 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

How would you guys rate the computers selections for The Empire?

ursaguy 03-13-16 08:37 PM

I think I had a good draft, considering that I missed the first five picks. The only guy who I don't love is Braun, and hopefully I can get a solid middle infielder in a trade for him. Hopefully going with 5 relievers doesn't bite me back.

TONGO 03-13-16 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fabulous (Post 1477213)
Maybe a C, but you can improve that in bunches by working the waiver wire and seal any holes in your lineup, like a complete lack of Holds.

Banknotes Harper 03-13-16 09:25 PM

Mmm, I think the computer gave The Empire a team that can be worked with. The first five or six picks are pretty good, but I don't like the whole roster.

mikeython1 03-16-16 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fabulous (Post 1477213)
To tell you the truth you have some holes and some injury risks but what I have learned in fantasy baseball that you won't know till the season is a couple of weeks in. Sometimes the teams that look the worst(not saying your team looks the worst)end up being the best and vice versa.

TONGO 03-16-16 01:58 PM

Nice pickup on Brandon Phillips there Mike. He was back last year, playing strong, and then got hurt. Still had a respectable season so should be better this year.

Nervous about HanRam & Tulo. If someone comes across anything good said about them please link me. Yeah, my gut hunch on draft day vs fantasy baseball experts entire, yeah...

Eager to see Keuchel, Scherzer, and Grays Opening Day! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/want/t2801.gif

rauldc14 03-16-16 02:08 PM

Looks like I may need a new SS

Sedai 03-16-16 03:43 PM

Desmond is a big question mark for me, hence the Phillips stash.

TONGO 03-16-16 06:20 PM

Ive got some offensive risks, some needs, but not for my pitching. Oh baby...

Max Scherzer
Dallas Keuchel
Sonny Gray
Yu Darvish (back at end May/beginning June)
Steven Matz
Jason Hammel
Erasmo Ramirez (Hes been incredible)

Perhaps the best starting rotation in our league? Not bragging, Im really asking.

Banknotes Harper 03-16-16 06:48 PM

I think it's either you or the Nine. I like the top of his rotation a little bit more than yours (Felix, Sale, Carrasco), your starters—as a whole—I think are better, and he has the better bullpen, in my view. That said, I'd be very happy to have either of your staffs. Not at the expense of my hitting, though.

seanc 03-17-16 10:09 AM

I waz going to say mine but didn't want to jinx myself. Sale and Felix will obviously be having Tommy John by June.

Sedai 03-18-16 10:33 AM

Reddick the hottest hitter so far this spring, which of course means I can look forward to him sitting .194 on the season. :P

TONGO 03-18-16 03:48 PM

I never realized how much March moves like a snail

Banknotes Harper 03-18-16 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1479451)
I never realized how much March moves like a snail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYD-DIggB2k

mikeython1 03-18-16 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 1479360)
Reddick the hottest hitter so far this spring, which of course means I can look forward to him sitting .194 on the season. :P
I would say Maikel Franko is the hottest hitter but Reddick is doing very good as well.

TONGO 03-19-16 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by mikeython1 (Post 1479728)
I would say Maikel Franko is the hottest hitter but Reddick is doing very good as well.
Franco was sweet last season. He was doing the job Longo was supposed to be doing for me, and it was his first season!

TONGO 03-19-16 12:32 PM

HanRam is wanting to stay in spring training games longer to improve at playing first base. Good to see hes not a sloth. The entire Red Sox had a turnaround a few seasons ago when they all maned up, focused, and worked harder. Maybe thisll be a comeback season for Hanny?!

seanc 03-19-16 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1479924)
HanRam is wanting to stay in spring training games longer to improve at playing first base. Good to see hes not a sloth. The entire Red Sox had a turnaround a few seasons ago when they all maned up, focused, and worked harder. Maybe thisll be a comeback season for Hanny?!
Ortiz hitting 35 bombs and knocking in 100 is all I want to see from the Red Sox this year. The rest of the lineup can hang out near the Mendoza line for all I care.

Banknotes Harper 03-20-16 12:03 PM

I think the 2016 Red Sox are going to score 1,000 runs this year. I'm unbiased in saying as much.

Adamantium18 03-21-16 11:40 AM

Let the Marte Par-tay begin! I feel this is one of my best drafted teams in awhile. I welcome the jinx.

Heading to Bradenton for the final week of Spring Training. Let's Go Bucs!

TONGO 03-21-16 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Adamantium18 (Post 1481078)
Let the Marte Par-tay begin! I feel this is one of my best drafted teams in awhile. I welcome the jinx.

Heading to Bradenton for the final week of Spring Training. Let's Go Bucs!
Looking forward to seeing you man. :up: Youll be the first person from the forum Ive met in real life, hm. Other than ones ive Ive known already and tried to get to join the forum, which never has worked out.

The 2016 Naturals

Catcher
Devon Mesoraco
First Base
Miguel Cabrera
Second Base
Rougned Odor
Third Base
Manny Machado
Shortstop
Troy Tulowitzki
Outfield
Randal Grichuk
Outfield
Corey Dickerson
Outfield
Ender Inciarte
Utility
Albert Pujols
Utility
Delino DeShields

Starting Pitchers
Dallas Keuchel
Sonny Gray
Yu Darvish
Steven Matz
Jason Hammel
Joe Ross
Erasmo Ramirez

Bullpen
Mark Melancon
Jeurys Familia
Keone Kela
Kelvin Herrera
Pat Neshek

:yup:

TONGO 03-21-16 08:14 PM

A little bit of history is going to be made tomorrow. President Obama is visiting Cuba, and tomorrow the Rays are going to Havana to face the Cuban National baseball team. Both leaders will be there watching. WAR RAYS!!!! :D

Adamantium18 03-22-16 04:11 PM

Tongo are you running another league this year? Or has there been any talks of running a money league? I have a friend that is interested in getting into one, as well as myself.

TONGO 03-22-16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Adamantium18 (Post 1481805)
Tongo are you running another league this year? Or has there been any talks of running a money league? I have a friend that is interested in getting into one, as well as myself.
Im not in any other baseball leagues besides this one. Usually theres enough football interest to get 2-3 leagues going but baseball not so much (though its more rewarding). I can give you some ideas for where yall can go join, but there are hundreds out there. You looking for mixed or NL only?

TONGO 03-22-16 05:16 PM

What am I doing, I can just text him now :facepalm:

Yoda 03-22-16 06:21 PM

When you guys meet up, don't forget to take pictures! :)

mikeython1 03-23-16 03:16 PM

Hunter Pence is on fire. 5 Home runs already this spring. :eek:

TONGO 03-23-16 03:22 PM

Yeah Yodas outfield is something to behold - Pence, Bautista, Adam Jones, vedy vedy mighty! :yup:

Banknotes Harper 03-24-16 12:18 PM

My outfield is good too, guys :(

Speaking of, if anybody wants any of them, I'm sure we could work something out.

Yoda 03-24-16 12:25 PM

Heck, if anything I might have to trade them; I've got Choo and Span right behind them, and both should probably be in somebody's lineup nearly every day.

mikeython1 03-24-16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Banknotes Harper (Post 1482972)
My outfield is good too, guys :(

Speaking of, if anybody wants any of them, I'm sure we could work something out.
Your outfield is great! Almost as good as mine! ;)

Yoda 03-24-16 01:10 PM

If everyone's outfield is great, nobody's is.

http://i.imgur.com/QbXmr1r.jpg

TONGO 03-24-16 01:13 PM

Dont worry, all your outfields are great cause heres mine - Corey Dickerson, Randall Grichuk, and Ender Inciarte. That just screams of Waivers.

Yoda 03-24-16 04:08 PM

https://twitter.com/DanFosterType/st...70247457267712

TONGO 03-25-16 09:13 AM

So Yoda got Lucroy..fine! I dont need Lucroy anyway, Im gonna use Nick Hundley instead, he'll be just as good! hmph ....he will he'll be just as good..:yup:

mikeython1 03-25-16 11:53 AM

Lucroy was on waivers? Dang!!!! I should have picked him up. :mad:

Yoda 03-25-16 11:54 AM

I had the first priority, so it wouldn't have mattered. I hesitated a teeny-tiny bit before deciding to use it on him, but yeah, pretty good chance nobody that good will be up for grabs any time soon.

He can be had, for what it's worth. ;)

TONGO 03-25-16 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1483447)
He can be had, for what it's worth. ;)
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...-926b06-1-.jpg

;)

Originally Posted by mikeython1 (Post 1483446)
Lucroy was on waivers? Dang!!!! I should have picked him up. :mad:
Actually you need to drop Marcus Stroman to waivers. Id really hate to see him hurt your team :D

Banknotes Harper 03-25-16 02:09 PM

I'm pretty cranky that Lucroy was available on waivers because he projects to be a top-5 catcher this year; half of said crankiness is that I was 4th on the waiver wire.

TONGO 03-25-16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Banknotes Harper (Post 1483490)
I'm pretty cranky that Lucroy was available on waivers because he projects to be a top-5 catcher this year; half of said crankiness is that I was 4th on the waiver wire.
Yeah I was 2nd. Who knew Yoda would go after him?! I thought Yadier Molina was grandfathered onto his roster each year or something.
Bah! My Hundley/Mesaroco will beat his McCann/Lucroy, just watch.

Yoda 03-25-16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1483603)
Yeah I was 2nd, and who knew Yoda would go after him?! I thought Yadier Molina was grandfathered onto his roster each year or something.
:laugh: :up:

TONGO 03-26-16 10:57 PM

Guess who Mikes gonna drop to waivers...

"Brewers reliever Will Smith could end up needing surgery for an injury that he suffered in one of the most embarrassing ways ever. The left-hander found out Friday he has a torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee, which he sustained while attempting to take off his shoe."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...SSU?li=BBnbfcL

TONGO 03-27-16 11:49 AM

Adam made it to Bradenton safely, suggesting some food spots. I didnt know Cracker Barrel was in PA too?! Im hoping the weather stays good as McKechnie Field will be packed for easter.

Sedai 03-28-16 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1484105)
Guess who Mikes gonna drop to waivers...

"Brewers reliever Will Smith could end up needing surgery for an injury that he suffered in one of the most embarrassing ways ever. The left-hander found out Friday he has a torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee, which he sustained while attempting to take off his shoe."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...SSU?li=BBnbfcL
Here we go... I saw this one coming!

Oh wait...no I didn't. :facepalm:

mikeython1 03-28-16 04:13 PM

I guess how he got injured was when he was shooting some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good. Started making trouble in his neighborhood. I think I read that on ESPN somewhere. :D

Yoda 03-28-16 04:15 PM

He got in one little fight and his GM got scared.

Sedai 03-28-16 06:33 PM

Blimey...

Some weirdness with Matt Harvey now...not what I want to hear!

Sedai 03-29-16 05:28 PM

At least my top 2 pitchers aren't starting the season facing the World Champs or anything.

Oh.

TONGO 03-29-16 11:14 PM

Within a week the regular season is finally gonna start.

We have full rosters ready to earn.

Theres a changed category where great pitchers will be boned less.

Soon we will see if our teams really are gold, or a complete bust.

HIT IT!

http://www.movieactors.com/images-3/...an-aykroyd.jpg

mikeython1 03-30-16 11:20 AM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1359755034

Yoda 03-30-16 12:29 PM

Adam went down to Bradenton to see the Bucs in Spring Training, and he met up with TONGO. Pictures!

http://i.imgur.com/E5hblER.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NpLGKBB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rram73u.jpg

TONGO 03-30-16 01:51 PM

Yeah he and his wife are super cool. Meeting them shortly at McKechnie to see the Buccos play the Red Sox. Its the last game there plus Boston so the place should be packed.

TONGO 03-31-16 05:11 PM

Watching David Price pitch for the Red Sox....its like Santa Clause peeing on a christmas tree, it should not be! :bawling: The worst part is, watch him get his first no-hitter vs the Rays! :nope::bawling: Oh you know its true, the Rays have made good pitchers look great for years. Damn Felix was so fat he could barely jump at the end of his.

Liking how the seasons looking otherwise, good mojo in the air meeting Adam, TONGO gonna break this northeastern stranglehold thats been put on the MoFo FBB Championship. 2016 its going south baby! :yup::up:

seanc 03-31-16 05:14 PM

I miss living in Florida around spring training time. Like the beach, I didn't take enough advantage of it at the time. I went a bit but feel like I would live at the parks now.

Banknotes Harper 03-31-16 05:45 PM

The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, and Tongo is tinkering away on his roster: Spring is in the air!

TONGO 04-01-16 11:48 AM

Going with Logan Forsythe. Rougned Odor is available on waivers.

TONGO 04-01-16 01:27 PM

^^^ That was a flat April Fools joke. :)

Yoda 04-01-16 01:36 PM

It genuinely did not occur to me for even a moment that that might have been a joke.

rauldc14 04-01-16 01:48 PM

Darn I missed the joke.

TONGO 04-01-16 02:15 PM

Everybody missed it.

Gonna roll with David Hernandez in Philly as my Melancon replacement (yeah I know someone laughed at that one). Hernandez might be healthy now and back to his old form, also theres the fact hes better than nothing

Yoda 04-01-16 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1487374)
Everybody missed it.
There might be a lesson there. :laugh:

Also: BASEBALL IS SO CLOSE.

rauldc14 04-01-16 02:20 PM

They are playing baseball this year still?

TONGO 04-01-16 02:25 PM

Thankfully the Rays play on Sunday.

Not hearing anything good on Corey Dickerson since hes arrived from Colorado. He was such a terrific earner, I mean, thin airs one thing but hes batting a .158 avg in the spring. Im thinking slump. ;) Hopefully he'll adjust from the open aired mountain stadium to the closed fishbowl under a sunlamp environment hes in now.

mikeython1 04-02-16 11:52 AM

Bad news for The Empire :( http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...-elbow-friday/
His Outfield was already pretty thin and he is waiting on Michael Brantley.

Yoda 04-02-16 12:26 PM

Broken elbow? Is that bad?

Rub some dirt on it, A.J.

Sedai 04-03-16 11:12 AM

Baseball...TODAY

TONGO 04-03-16 02:26 PM

Baseball... NOW! St Louis @ Pittsburgh just started. Go Grichuk go!! :)

TONGO 04-04-16 03:40 AM

Grichuk got nothing! Tulo and Dickerson got some homers though :)

In a few months Ill hopefully have just the most ridiculously awesome pitching starters in the history of ever! EVER!

Yu Darvish
Alex Cobb
(Hes my fav Ray right up with Longo)
Cole Hamels
Jon Lester
Drew Smyly
Steven Matz (pretty sure he'll be the real deal this season)

Until the Cobb/Darvish arrival, Jason "get no respect" Hammel & Joe Ross have to tide me over.

Ross is strong for K's, can be incredibly dominant for a stretch of games, then one he'll just gets obliterated. Hes young. No guarantees at all Cobb and Darvish will even be good when they return, but its alot more fun thinking so at least :)

TONGO 04-04-16 03:59 AM

Chris Archer pitches 5 innings and gets 12 K's yes sir! :) No I aint gonna get him I already tried.

Banknotes Harper 04-04-16 02:23 PM

There was only one 1pm game scheduled for today and it's rained out? How am I supposed to not work today?

Yoda 04-04-16 02:24 PM

I hear the internet is good for distraction.

TONGO 04-04-16 02:25 PM

My first 2 pitchers go today, Cal Handle and Drew Smyly. Poor Drews pitching vs the Toronto Blue Jays. What a complete lawnmower that batting order is. -fingers crossed-

Banknotes Harper 04-04-16 03:38 PM

Boston/Cleveland and NYY/Stros all postponed. Eight of my players are sitting out now :( :( :(

seanc 04-04-16 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1489302)
My first 2 pitchers go today, Cal Handle and Drew Smyly. Poor Drews pitching vs the Toronto Blue Jays. What a complete lawnmower that batting order is. -fingers crossed-
That made my afternoon. I have Felix and Sale going. Hoping for a great jump on the season.

TONGO 04-04-16 05:03 PM

FINALLY done with the MoFo Survivor! Now I can focus solely on baseball, and no my move count wont go thru the roof thank you very much! :D

seanc 04-04-16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1489370)
FINALLY done with the MoFo Survivor! Now I can focus solely on baseball, and no my move count wont go thru the roof thank you very much! :D
Who won?

TONGO 04-04-16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1489371)
Who won?
Its between Daniel, Camo, Rauld, Cobpyth, and maybe CiCi but he said he quit, who knows.

Yoda 04-04-16 06:28 PM

Coin flip on which guy to start. Guy I bench goes deep, knocks in five runs.

I'm already in midseason form on guessing wrong!

seanc 04-04-16 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1489416)

THE worst feeling in fantasy.

seanc 04-04-16 07:36 PM

QS switch already making me happy. I saw Felix's line and got bummed until I remembered the switch. Gitty up

Banknotes Harper 04-05-16 02:29 PM

And then after waiting a whole extra day, my Red Sox go 0-4 the first time up. Now I wish the game was rained out again haha

Adamantium18 04-05-16 03:46 PM

Greinke pitching with the flu. Great start! Great start!

TONGO 04-05-16 06:39 PM

Miggy finally is gonna play. Really hope now that hes healthy he'll improve overall

tri-ple crown, tri-ple crown, tri-ple crown!

Yoda 04-05-16 09:07 PM

https://twitter.com/sthweattheart/st...02539332206597

TONGO 04-05-16 11:55 PM

Rays win on a walkoff reversal. 9th inning, 1 out, bases loaded. Bautistas arm interfered with our 2Bs throw to first for the double play, and the 2 runs they score were reversed. The Rays get the double play and the win. Its a new rule! Torontos gonna be pissed! :D

Fabulous 04-06-16 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1490329)
Rays win on a walkoff reversal. 9th inning, 1 out, bases loaded. Bautistas arm interfered with our 2Bs throw to first for the double play, and the 2 runs they score were reversed. The Rays get the double play and the win. Its a new rule! Torontos gonna be pissed! :D
There goes their undefeated season...

Yoda 04-06-16 10:34 AM

I went up 21 points yesterday. This is in no way a product of the hectic first week of the season and we can only assume this will continue unabated, perhaps even exponentially, until my ranking improvement has to be expressed in factorials.

seanc 04-06-16 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1490472)
I went up 21 points yesterday. This is in no way a product of the hectic first week of the season and we can only assume this will continue unabated, perhaps even exponentially, until my ranking improvement has to be expressed in factorials.
Word

Two pitchers going again today. Weird day yesterday, had pretty decent power numbers but my team hit near.100 Maybe my team should be called the Dave Kingmans

TONGO 04-06-16 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1490494)
Word

Two pitchers going again today. Weird day yesterday, had pretty decent power numbers but my team hit near.100 Maybe my team should be called the Dave Kingmans
Dave Kingman the old Cubs slugger, havent heard that name in a loooong time. Loved watching the cubs on WGN when I was a kid listening to Harry Carey. The home run war between Kingman and Mike Schmidt. They were my favorite ball team back then. Turner was trying to get all of Florida to love the Braves, constantly airing and updating that team, but it was the Cubs for me :)

Since Maddon is their manager now, I betcha Loney will end up playing 1B with the Cubs. Rizzo can ride the bench :D Joes done stuff like that, but no that is a joke.

mikeython1 04-06-16 12:23 PM

You sound like such a baseball nerd! :D I love it!

gbgoodies 04-06-16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1490500)
Dave Kingman the old Cubs Mets slugger, haven't heard that name in a loooong time.
There, I fixed it for you. :D

rauldc14 04-06-16 09:44 PM

My team is off to a hot start.

Sedai 04-07-16 09:57 AM

First-rounder pulls up lame with a strain last night.

Boooooooo

Adamantium18 04-07-16 12:31 PM

Like the Mandelbrot Set

TONGO 04-07-16 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1490828)
My team is off to a hot start.
Yeah were neck and neck on that hot start.

Yoda 04-07-16 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1489416)

Happened again! Even played the guy with the clearly better matchup.

Maybe I should just roll a die or something.

rauldc14 04-07-16 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1491083)
Happened again! Even played the guy with the clearly better matchup.

Maybe I should just roll a die or something.
If you do this, I'd be interested in the outcome.

Yoda 04-07-16 01:36 PM

I'm actually considering it. Remember a few years ago, when I settled all tough football lineup decisions by having my wife and/or cats help me pick? That went pretty well.